Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee leaps past NC and Mississippi in "religious freedom"
(04-07-2016, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Volunteer state doubled down on "religious freedom" in an attempt to be "freer" than NC and MIssippi.  Not only did the legislature pass a "bathroom bill" to match NC and Mississippi, but that also moved forward with another bill that would allow therapists to discriminate against LGBT patients and refuse to serve them based on "religious beliefs".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tennessee-bill-idUSKCN0X32RE

"HURRAH FOR FREEDOM (to discriminate)!!!

but didnt they adopt the bible as the state book? or something like that?
(04-08-2016, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: The people who complain the most about sharia law are the ones advocating sharia law.

Yes they are.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-07-2016, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember when you actually made a legitimate point instead of just posting vague rhetorical questions?

Neither do I.

(04-07-2016, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So as a Lawyer, do you have to accept the case of everyone who approaches you?

Are you trying to make some kind of point here?
(04-10-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you trying to make some kind of point here?

fredtoast Wrote:Remember when you actually answered a question instead of just posting vague rhetorical questions?

Neither do I.

What he said

(04-10-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you trying to make some kind of point here?

Seemed pretty obvious to me and your refusal to answer the question speaks volumes.

So Fred, since you clearly don't have to take on every case that is presented to you, based on your posts would it be fair to say that you would welcome legislation that forced you to take on every client that came a- calling?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hmm, states where mosques have been picketed and/or the target of arson are the ones advocating the right to "religious freedom?" You know what guys, I'm starting to think there may be a bit of hypocrisy going on here!
(04-10-2016, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, states where mosques have been picketed and/or the target of arson are the ones advocating the right to "religious freedom?"  You know what guys, I'm starting to think there may be a bit of hypocrisy going on here!

They'll also take all the infedels tax bailouts when their shacks are torn up by hurricanes and mudslides.  You want to opt out?  Move to the ***** Ukraine already.  
(04-10-2016, 02:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seemed pretty obvious to me and your refusal to answer the question speaks volumes.

So Fred, since you clearly don't have to take on every case that is presented to you, based on your posts would it be fair to say that you would welcome legislation that forced you to take on every client that came a- calling?

I am sorry, but I assumed everyone here had a middle school level understanding of civil rights in America.

As an attorney, just like every other business in the United States, I can not refuse to represent a client based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Both you and Bfine have been deeply involved in debates about this same issue in the past.  This concept has been explained to you repeatedly.  I just thought Bfine was kidding with this type of question.  I could not imagine that he was being serious.
(04-10-2016, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, states where mosques have been picketed and/or the target of arson are the ones advocating the right to "religious freedom?"  You know what guys, I'm starting to think there may be a bit of hypocrisy going on here!

Well, it is okay to run out the Muslims because, as Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey said,  "you could even argue whether being a Muslim is actually a religion, or is it a nationality, way of life, cult, whatever you want to call it."

"religious freedom" does not apply to Islam because it is not a religion. 

Ninja
(04-11-2016, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sorry, but I assumed everyone here had a middle school level understanding of civil rights in America.

Well, we can rest assured in knowing that you do.

Some of us continued our education.

(04-12-2016, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some of us continued our education.

Continued it to the point that you don't have a clue about the basic civil rights of American citizens?

Maybe I overestimated the Kentucky public school system.
(04-12-2016, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Continued it to the point that you don't have a clue about the basic civil rights of American citizens?

Hell you were the one bragging about your Middle School knowledge of Civil Rights Jethro.

It all makes sense, now.

(04-12-2016, 03:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell you were the one bragging about your Middle School knowledge of Civil Rights Jethro.

It all makes sense, now.

Well my knowledge is 100% correct.

What exactly is the excuse for your ignorance?
(04-12-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well my knowledge is 100% correct.

Continued education.....  Cool
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2016, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Continued it to the point that you don't have a clue about the basic civil rights of American citizens?

Kentucky math

2+2=12
People suck
(04-12-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well my knowledge is 100% correct.

You have nothing but an opinion if your knowledge is correct or not. Just because a liberal yells discrimination does not automatically mean a law is such. There is a vetting process where these laws are considered and interpreted when needed.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure every Middle School goes into the entire process in depth, so you might be somewhat in the dark.

(04-12-2016, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Just because a liberal yells discrimination does not automatically mean a law is such. 

No, but when a liberal cites an exact law it does.

Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Smirk
(04-12-2016, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have nothing but an opinion if your knowledge is correct or not. Just because a liberal yells discrimination does not automatically mean a law is such. There is a vetting process where these laws are considered and interpreted when needed.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure every Middle School goes into the entire process in depth, so you might be somewhat in the dark.

Here is a chance for you to flaunt your detailed, in depth knowledge of this issue.

Answer this question.

(04-07-2016, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So as a Lawyer, do you have to accept the case of everyone who approaches you?
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/tennessee-gop-leader-threatens-tax-hike-on-companies-that-oppose-anti-trans-bathroom-bill/

Quote:Tennessee GOP leader threatens tax hike on companies that oppose anti-trans bathroom bill

Tennessee House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick ® on Tuesday threatened to financially punish companies which opposed a bathroom bill aimed at transgender people by stripping their tax breaks.

Although McCormick agreed that the House “did the right thing” by shelving the bill on Monday, he defended the intent of the bill, which would have forced students at public schools and colleges to use bathrooms corresponding with the gender on their birth certificate, according to the Times Free Press.

During a floor debate on Tuesday, McCormick blasted business leaders for focusing on the bathroom bill instead of “a full-fledged gang war going on in Chattanooga.”

“This weekend we had four people shot in Chattanooga,” McCormick said. “But “our Chamber of Commerce is writing us letters about the bathroom bill. Now the reason they’re not all fired up about the city of Chattanooga’s handling of the gang problem is because the city of Chattanooga sends them money and funds their budget. And we don’t. Guess what. We ain’t gonna.”

“All these companies who tried to blackmail us over this thing, when they come for their corporate welfare checks [economic incentives] next year, we need to have a list out and keep an eye on it,” the majority leader added.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-20-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/tennessee-gop-leader-threatens-tax-hike-on-companies-that-oppose-anti-trans-bathroom-bill/

So, the response from this guy to the companies that threatened to take their business elsewhere over this law is to guarantee they will take their business elsewhere?

Brilliant.