Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condoleezza Rice joins list of outraged Republicans calling for Trump to drop out
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828963/Enough-Condoleezza-Rice-joins-list-outraged-Republicans-calling-Trump-drop-presidential-race.html

Quote:Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice joined an expanding list of outraged GOP figures calling for Donald Trump's withdrawal from the presidential race. 

The politician furiously took to Facebook on Saturday to insist that he withdraw his bid for the White House, fuming: 'Enough! Donald Trump should not be President.' 

She was the latest in a string of high profile Republicans to have condemned the candidate since he was heard making lewd and sexually aggressive comments about women on a leaked 2005 tape on Friday night. 
In the footage, the then newlywed was caught on microphone boasting that he could 'grab women by the p****' because he was a star.

'He should withdraw. As a Republican, I hope to support someone who has the dignity and stature to run for the highest office in the greatest democracy on earth,' Rice said after the tape was exposed. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
As soon as Trump wins he's gonna show us his power in action by grabbin' her by the p***y and making her be in his cabinet. Just you watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I don't want him to drop out. I want him to lose by a yuge margin.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Her opinion is now nullified.

[Image: condi-rice.jpeg]
If he drops out, he won't be able to get Hillary elected. Which is still why I think he joined the race originally.

His/their plan is coming together pretty nicely. All he had to do was send in his own tax returns and get Billy Bush to blab about their lockerroom bromance.

Who wants to be president when you can spend hundreds of millions in taxpayer (both U.S. and Russian) money?
(10-12-2016, 12:43 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Her opinion is now nullified.

[Image: condi-rice.jpeg]

I find it amazing she will publicly endorse stand by the god awful Browns but won't back Trump.
She's still alive?
Donald Trump is a turd, but lets ignore that point for now. Mitt Romney got 47.2% of the vote in 2012. That is almost 61 million people.

Assume the same number of people vote in 2016. Even if Trump gets 40% of the vote, that's a little over 51.5 million people.

People saying stupid crap like "You should drop out." feels an awful lot like them saying "Hey 51.5 million voting US Citizens, I don't think your vote should be allowed, because that's my opinion."

If Trump were being arrested, or was a heroine addict or something, sure. Point that out and say "I don't think that should be allowed." but to say they should drop out because they said stupid/gross shit is kind of ridiculous.

I think Trump is an idiotic racist and Clinton is the embodiment of all that's wrong with politics, but I don't think they should drop out. I just wish that voters would be smart enough to not vote for them, but I know they will, which is their right. I am not going to try to stop people's ability to do it, because even if it's terrible in my view, it's kind of the point of Democracy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-13-2016, 09:55 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: She's still alive?

More proof of how clueless you are about politics.
(10-10-2016, 03:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3828963/Enough-Condoleezza-Rice-joins-list-outraged-Republicans-calling-Trump-drop-presidential-race.html

Connie said knock you out!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-12-2016, 03:20 PM)Benton Wrote: If he drops out, he won't be able to get Hillary elected. Which is still why I think he joined the race originally.

His/their plan is coming together pretty nicely. All he had to do was send in his own tax returns and get Billy Bush to blab about their lockerroom bromance.

Who wants to be president when you can spend hundreds of millions in taxpayer (both U.S. and Russian) money?

And I thought I was the only one to float this theory!

We will have to go to the video tape to see who floated it first...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-13-2016, 11:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: More proof of how clueless you are about politics.

Lol what? It's called humor. And I'm the clueless one. Clearly you missed the joke.
(10-14-2016, 08:58 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Lol what? It's called humor. And I'm the clueless one. Clearly you missed the joke.

No.  I realized that it was supposed to be a joke.  But it ended up making you look like a joke.
(10-14-2016, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I realized that it was supposed to be a joke.  But it ended up making you look like a joke.

Whatever you wanna tell yourself to make yourself feel better Fred.
(10-13-2016, 11:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Donald Trump is a turd, but lets ignore that point for now. Mitt Romney got 47.2% of the vote in 2012. That is almost 61 million people.

Assume the same number of people vote in 2016. Even if Trump gets 40% of the vote, that's a little over 51.5 million people.

People saying stupid crap like "You should drop out." feels an awful lot like them saying "Hey 51.5 million voting US Citizens, I don't think your vote should be allowed, because that's my opinion."

If Trump were being arrested, or was a heroine addict or something, sure. Point that out and say "I don't think that should be allowed." but to say they should drop out because they said stupid/gross shit is kind of ridiculous.

I think Trump is an idiotic racist and Clinton is the embodiment of all that's wrong with politics, but I don't think they should drop out. I just wish that voters would be smart enough to not vote for them, but I know they will, which is their right. I am not going to try to stop people's ability to do it, because even if it's terrible in my view, it's kind of the point of Democracy.

I get what you are saying, but I think Republican politicians are distancing themselves from Trump for what they see as being in the best interests of the Republican brand for the long-term.  They aren't likely interested in what is right and fair so much as they are distancing themselves from Trump because being of the same party as a guy who may go down in flames could be seen as guilt by association.