Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Bye
Not trying to be negative since I think we will even win tonight, but even if we lose I think we have a solid shot at getting that bye. There is a solid chance Denver could lose next week to the Chargers with the whole "last game ever" thing going on.

I know Balt just beat Pitt (woohoo!), but I think we take care of them fairly easily as well. We would end up 12-4 with Denver going 11-5. This game would lock it up, but it wouldn't completely ruin all chance of us getting the bye.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Were the game in SD, I might agree to that having some effect on the outcome. The emotion of the crowd at the last game, sure, that could have an impact. But, the game's in Denver. These are professionals on a road trip. Where they call their home city probably makes no difference to them at this point. Hell, most are probably excited at the prospect of getting to play in LA come next year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Were the game in SD, I might agree to that having some effect on the outcome.  The emotion of the crowd at the last game, sure, that could have an impact.  But, the game's in Denver.  These are professionals on a road trip.  Where they call their home city probably makes no difference to them at this point.  Hell, most are probably excited at the prospect of getting to play in LA come next year.

Ok, let's ignore the last game thing. We just saw a destroyed Baltimore team led by Ryan Mallet beat Pitt. Denver's offense has been trash and a few fluke plays could cost them the game. Rivers is a good enough QB to pull some magic out of his hat. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:04 PM)MrRager Wrote: Ok, let's ignore the last game thing. We just saw a destroyed Baltimore team led by Ryan Mallet beat Pitt. Denver's offense has been trash and a few fluke plays could cost them the game. Rivers is a good enough QB to pull some magic out of his hat. 

Good point.  Rivers is a very good QB.  Ben threw all over Denver in the second half.  Rivers could do the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Good point.  Rivers is a very good QB.  Ben threw all over Denver in the second half.  Rivers could do the same.

As a whole, Pitt's offense is much better and healthier, but that point stands. I am not saying it is likely, just that not all hope is lost if tonight doesn't go the way it should. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Good point.  Rivers is a very good QB.  Ben threw all over Denver in the second half.  Rivers could do the same.

TJ Ward is active TODAY (dang it) and wasnt last week. Big reason why Ben was SO effective
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:34 PM)Whacked Wrote: TJ Ward is active TODAY (dang it) and wasnt last week. Big reason why Ben was SO effective

I wonder if he's 100 percent.  Prob not.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wonder if he's 100 percent.  Prob not.  

Didn't hear anything. Wish he would have sat out one more week lol
Reply/Quote