Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrace Marshall Jr.
(12-03-2020, 09:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If I’m taking a wr high it needs to be a Bateman, moore, olave top wr pick not a project.

LOL your OSU thing really does border on comical.

Anyway, how is Marshall a “project?”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry for how things turned out for those guys, but there's no way anyone is going to sell me on the idea that WRs are more vital than fundamental blockers and tacklers in this particular draft for the Bengals.

That’s not really what you said though, you said pass catchers are “easier to find.” But they really haven’t been for us. We’ve done better finding pass rushers like Lawson and Hubbard in the mid rounds.

I agree nothing is more important than the lines though. And I’m totally down to go either one at 35. They just shouldn’t reach out of need though. We have holes all over. If Marshall (or another WR) is the BPA available on the board at 35 it could make sense.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are they though? We haven’t really been finding very good WR’s in the later rounds in recent years.

Cody Core - gone, never amounted to much

Josh Malone - gone, barely even got on the field

Mario Alford - same as Malone

James Wright - meh

Cobi Hamilton - started 1 game

We haven’t really hit on a late round WR since Marvin Jones in 2012.

What position have we hit on in late rounbs?

Point is; this team needs more than a 3rd WR with the 35th pick in the draft. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL your OSU thing really does border on comical.

Anyway, how is Marshall a “project?”

It’s not osu. But olave is easily the 2 best wr to come out in last 29 years at osu. I’d also be fine with Bateman. Or any of the top 7. If any of the top 7 fall, give me any but with olave I think him and Bateman are the 2 most likely to fall. Olave is a pure clean fast elite route runner everything m we said we need. But regardless Marshall is a Project in terms of he’s not a great route runner, he’s smaller for a outside wr and frame is maxed out, and he’s more of a mid to late 3rd not a high 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not osu. But olave is easily the 2 best wr to come out in last 29 years at osu. I’d also be fine with Bateman. Or any of the top 7. If any of the top 7 fall, give me any but with olave I think him and Bateman are the 2 most likely to fall. Olave is a pure clean fast elite route runner everything m we said we need. But regardless Marshall is a Project in terms of he’s not a great route runner, he’s smaller for a outside wr and frame is maxed out, and he’s more of a mid to late 3rd not a high 2nd round pick

Uh...wut

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What position have we hit on in late rounbs?

Point is; this team needs more than a 3rd WR with the 35th pick in the draft. 

I’m not the one claiming we can find positions x or y in the later rounds, but I’d say DB? We’ve found a few good ones late.

Phillips - 5th round
Fej - 7th round
Iloka - 5th round

We need better WR’s period. If Boyd or Tee go down it’s pretty bleak behind them.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not the one claiming we can find positions x or y in the later rounds, but I’d say DB? We’ve found a few good ones late.

Phillips - 5th round
Fej - 7th round
Iloka - 5th round

We need better WR’s period. If Boyd or Tee go down it’s pretty bleak behind them.

We need better starters period.

If Lawson and Hubbard stay healthy it's pretty bleak with them

If Uzomah and Sample stay healthy it's pretty bleak with them

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need better starters period.

If Lawson and Hubbard stay healthy it's pretty bleak with them

If Uzomah and Sample stay healthy it's pretty bleak with them

We definitely have a ton of needs. That’s why we’ve only won 2 games. Like I said though, I’m not set on a WR early or anything, I just don’t think it should be off the table. About the only positions that should be are QB and RB.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: From your own article:

I don’t blame Marshall at all for his decision to opt out.

In fact, I think it was a wise choice by the wide receiver. He has nothing to gain by staying at LSU for a few more games, and everything to lose.

What impressed me about Marshall’s decision, however, is how he approached it.

LSU football wide receiver Terrace Marshall Jr showed his true character this week

I’m sure there are some fans who will give Marshall some grief over his decision — that’s just how it goes in college football.

But I think everyone should have a ton of respect for Marshall, simply because of how he handled the decision (which I would call a business decision).

Tigers head coach Ed Orgeron said on Monday that Marshall came to his office and talked to him “like a man” about the decision (via Brooks Kubena).

“He explained his decision, I respected his decision,” said Orgeron.

It would’ve been easy for Marshall to send a text and quietly leave LSU.

Instead, Marshall, who is arguably the team’s best offensive player, talked to his coach in person. He did the right thing, which probably wasn’t easy.

NEXT: LSU the favorite for former Tennessee commit?
Marshall should be commended for how he handled his opt out. It says a lot about who he is as a player and as a person.

Some NFL team is going to be really lucky to draft Marshall next spring.

Actual..ly I did read that one  and couple others also but i agreed with the one i did not post correctly..  but like i stated.. a mute point. totally don't see it very smart to pick another WR i n2nd round.. we have more pressing needs and if Burrow is as good as we hope he will be... we don;t need as much fire power at WR.. later round WR that game is raised because of Burrow is more logical to help score points. but if we can't stop the other team.. still will be very difficult to be a competitive team so i would lean towards Defense in 2nd round...
https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2020/12/01/lsu-football-theres-one-thing-terrace-marshall-jr-couldve-done-differently/ 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 10:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actual..ly I did read that one  and couple others also but i agreed with the one i did not post correctly..  but like i stated.. a mute point. totally don't see it very smart to pick another WR i n2nd round.. we have more pressing needs and if Burrow is as good as we hope he will be... we don;t need as much fire power at WR.. later round WR that game is raised because of Burrow is more logical to help score points. but if we can't stop the other team.. still will be very difficult to be a competitive team so i would lean towards Defense in 2nd round...
https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2020/12/01/lsu-football-theres-one-thing-terrace-marshall-jr-couldve-done-differently/ 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=17640098]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 10:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We definitely have a ton of needs. That’s why we’ve only won 2 games. Like I said though, I’m not set on a WR early or anything, I just don’t think it should be off the table. About the only positions that should be are QB and RB.

Not even Sewell?

Like you; I'm not set on anything and I'm damn sure not set on #3 WR at 35. There was a time I wanted Chase in the first, but that's before I saw what we have in Tee. 

Lots of decent #3 WRs will be FAs next year and can be had relatively cheap. I cannot say the same for starting edge rushers, CBs, or interior DL

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not even Sewell?

Like you; I'm not set on anything and I'm damn sure not set on #3 WR at 35. There was a time I wanted Chase in the first, but that's before I saw what we have in Tee. 

Lots of decent #3 WRs will be FAs next year and can be had relatively cheap. I cannot say the same for starting edge rushers, CBs, or interior DL

I know Sewell is crazy athletic but I don’t think he’s ever played any WR... Tongue

I also wouldn’t want to use the #35 pick on a WR3. I want to use it on one that might turn out to be even better than Boyd or Tee and replace AJ as a true #1. Marshall put up 731 yds and 10 TD in 7 games this year. Those are not WR3 numbers.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not osu. But olave is easily the 2 best wr to come out in last 29 years at osu. I’d also be fine with Bateman. Or any of the top 7. If any of the top 7 fall, give me any but with olave I think him and Bateman are the 2 most likely to fall. Olave is a pure clean fast elite route runner everything m we said we need. But regardless Marshall is a Project in terms of he’s not a great route runner, he’s smaller for a outside wr and frame is maxed out, and he’s more of a mid to late 3rd not a high 2nd round pick

You truly have nave no idea who Terrace Marshall is, do you? You think he is small for an outside receiver? He is 6’3, 202 pounds. Olave isn’t “easily” the 2nd best receiver to come out of OSU in the last 29 years, either. You have Michael Thomas, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, David Boston, Ted Ginn and arguably Anthony Gonzalez who were all better than what Olave is; some of those were significantly better.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Saw him mentioned in an Athletic article about our 2nd round pick. There’s been some talk about Chase because of need and the Burrow connection, but that was before we played our way into the Sewell sweepstakes. What are people’s thoughts on potentially reuniting Burrow with a different LSU WR? He caught 13 TD passes from Joe in 2019, and has a good combination of size and speed. I’m sure some won’t like that he’s opted out for the rest of the season, but personally that doesn’t bother me.

I know we desperately need pass rushers, and if there’s a good one on the board when we pick at 35 we should absolutely take him, but if there’s no one we like at that spot Marshall could be an interesting option.

Was balling out this year as well, without Joe.

Liked him a lot last year, was just the #3 behind Chase and Jefferson.

Would be all over him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Auden Tate still has two years left on his rookie contract, AJ has faded tremendously, and Ross was never that great to begin with.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't pick up WRs via FA or draft, but pass catchers are a heck of a lot easier to find than quality pass rushers and blockers.  Good blocking allows plays to fully develop, so that even average skill players make plays.  If you have good pass rushers and tacklers, you're always IN every game.  This team needs a solid foundation that can control the lines of scrimmage, something that they clearly don't right now.

All the WRs that they need can be found in the mid and later rounds of the draft, and the second tier of Free Agency.

Tate is going into the final year of his deal and isn't very good.

Without knowing who we are resigning and what outside FA's  we are signing, it's pretty much impossible to say we can pass on a WR in the 2nd.

The team dumped the majority of its FA dollars and draft picks into the D this year. The only player on this team that can carry this team to a championship is Joe Burrow. Building around him needs to be the priority.  That means quality blockers in front of him, quality targets in the passing game, and a run game so he doesn't have to throw 60 times a game.  The guy kept us in games behind a shit OL and with 2 good skill guys around him most of the year.  Give him the pieces he needs to win.  
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Uh...wut
Yes?
(12-04-2020, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not even Sewell?

To be fair a #3 wr in a offense like Taylor wants to run would be a close to 1,000 yard wr.
(12-04-2020, 12:19 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You truly have nave no idea who Terrace Marshall is, do you? You think he is small for an outside receiver? He is 6’3, 202 pounds. Olave isn’t “easily” the 2nd best receiver to come out of OSU in the last 29 years, either. You have Michael Thomas, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, David Boston, Ted Ginn and arguably Anthony Gonzalez who were all better than what Olave is; some of those were significantly better.
He’s 200 lbs with 0 elite skill set. His frame is maxed out. So is olave but he’s got elite skill set. And no, none of those wrs were better than olave outside of Thomas a s a prospect. Olave is going to have a Justin jefferson tee Higgins impact from the jump
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes?
To be fair a #3 wr in a offense like Taylor wants to run would be a close to 1,000 yard wr.
He’s 200 lbs with 0 elite skill set. His frame is maxed out. So is olave but he’s got elite skill set. And no, none of those wrs were better than olave outside of Thomas a s a prospect. Olave is going to have a Justin jefferson tee Higgins impact from the jump

They absolutely were better. Thomas was a second rounder, the lowest on this list. A large handful of those guys went Top 10. Take your OSU glasses off.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes?

Just like Burrow, right? Seriously, how can one person have so many garbage takes?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:39 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: They absolutely were better. Thomas was a second rounder, the lowest on this list. A large handful of those guys went Top 10. Take your OSU glasses off.
They weren’t. At all. So just Bc they were drafted higher means what exactly? Thomas went rd2 Bc osu rotates their wrs.
(12-07-2020, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just like Burrow, right? Seriously, how can one person have so many garbage takes?

I had burrow as a top 7-10 qb in the nfl?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I had burrow as a top 7-10 qb in the nfl?

You claimed he had 0 elite traits. His accuracy and ball placement on intermediate throws are as good as it gets.

Reply/Quote