Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrance Knighton cut from Patriots
Many around here wanted Knighton to sign with the Bengals two offseasons ago. He was cut this morning from the Patriots and could be an upgrade at NT over Pat Sims this year while Billings is on IR. Since this is Peko's final year in contract as well, would it be worth bringing Knighton on to backup Peko this year then have Knighton and Billings as the NTs for 2017?

I'd like to think it'd be an upgrade, but knowing how the Bengals roll, they won't even kick the tires.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Many around here wanted Knighton to sign with the Bengals two offseasons ago. He was cut this morning from the Patriots and could be an upgrade at NT over Pat Sims this year while Billings is on IR. Since this is Peko's final year in contract as well, would it be worth bringing Knighton on to backup Peko this year then have Knighton and Billings as the NTs for 2017?

I'd like to think it'd be an upgrade, but knowing how the Bengals roll, they won't even kick the tires.

Certainly with Billings on IR and Brandon Thompson starting the season on PUP this would be intriguing.  Can't help but think there is something wrong for him to not make it through the first round of cuts after they signed him to a decent deal.  Worth kicking the tires at least.
Reply/Quote
I'd consider bringing him in... I do wonder why he was cut tho...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:52 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I'd consider bringing him in... I do wonder why he was cut tho...

I'd guess that he was brought in by the Pats as insurance, in case a draft pick didn't pan out.  Likely cheaper to roll with a rookie than a veteran.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Many around here wanted Knighton to sign with the Bengals two offseasons ago. He was cut this morning from the Patriots and could be an upgrade at NT over Pat Sims this year while Billings is on IR. Since this is Peko's final year in contract as well, would it be worth bringing Knighton on to backup Peko this year then have Knighton and Billings as the NTs for 2017?

Is he an upgrade though...?  who are the pats replacing him with.

Talent might be better than a sims overall. But we are a week away.  And our Defense takes a good amount of time to learn.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:52 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I'd consider bringing him in... I do wonder why he was cut tho...

(08-29-2016, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is he an upgrade though...?  who are the pats replacing him with.

Talent might be better than a sims overall. But we are a week away.  And our Defense takes a good amount of time to learn.

The Pats basically signed him to replace Easley.

They have Malcolm Brown (a draft favorite around these parts) and Alan Branch.

They also rotate Jabaal Sheard in at DT from time to time. Kind of like we did with Gilberry.

They also drafted Vincent Valentine in the 3rd round this year and Trey Flowers in the 4th last year.

All I saw was Belicheck said that he was doing well but guys were doing better than him and ahead of him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Would be all for it. Bring in the Pot Roast.
Reply/Quote
I don't know.. kind of feel like you just roll with DeShawn Williams and Marcus Hardison.

Knighton seems like more of a 3-4 type player than a 4-3 one. Dude's got at least 30 pounds on Peko, 15 pounds on Pat Sims and Pat Sims is already probably too big for a 4-3.

Need speed and power, not mass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know.. kind of feel like you just roll with DeShawn Williams and Marcus Hardison.

Knighton seems like more of a 3-4 type player than a 4-3 one. Dude's got at least 30 pounds on Peko, 15 pounds on Pat Sims and Pat Sims is already probably too big for a 4-3.

Need speed and power, not mass.

I guess the thing to consider;  Is he enough of an upgrade over Pat Sims to justify paying a couple more bucks and releasing Sims?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote