Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrell Owens HOF
(08-08-2018, 12:42 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude was probably the biggest Cancer in the history of Team sports and to me he cost the 2010 Bengals a lot that year in team Chemistry. There is no doubt that he is an HOF and I don't agree with Brad that he didn't play hard( I saw him once run full speed to block a guy down field on a big run) but he was a complete Jackass.

I would agree TO had some cancerous traits, but think it's exaggerated all to hell and back. The only thing I saw him do wrong in Cincy was when (towards the end of the season) he said that the problems started at the top. That said...he wasn't wrong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would agree TO had some cancerous traits, but think it's exaggerated all to hell and back. The only thing I saw him do wrong in Cincy was when (towards the end of the season) he said that the problems started at the top. That said...he wasn't wrong.

He called out Brat after we lost to the Browns (basically called him a dumbass) and he pouted after we beat the Ravens in week 2 because the offense had a poor game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:50 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He called out Brat after we lost to the Browns (basically called him a dumbass) and he pouted after we beat the Ravens in week 2 because the offense had a poor game.

If true, it makes me like TO even more - for having the balls to say what we all knew. Brat WAS an idiot and the FO was overdue for change. Why get mad at a player when most of us agree with him?

TO wasn't the reason we sucked that year, and we were sucking well before he opened his mouth. Stop scapegoating the guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote