Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Marshall LSU WR
I know alot of attention has been given to JaMarr Chase and his production and chemistry with Joe Burrow.
I think Terrence Marshall Jr for what it is worth is being
Overlooked when.it comes to potential draft picks for the Bengals.
The number that stands out to me is the catch TD ratio
He had with JB. 46 catches 13 TDs his last year with him.Thats roughly a TD every 3.5 catches
Some WRs catch alot of paases but rarely reach the end zone.
This offense needs a real end zone threat from the WR position
Who was the last Bengals WR to even reach 10 TDs in a season...A.J? Or a WR that averaged a TD every 3 catches?
John Ross? Chris Henry?
As good as Tyler Boyd is, he isnt a TD machine.
I think Marshall could be a real value pick in RD 3
Marshall has a nice frame for a WR. He might even be a wee bit faster than Higgins?
I would not gripe if he slid to the Bengals into the mid rds
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 01:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know alot of attention has been given to JaMarr Chase and his production and chemistry with Joe Burrow.

He had with JB. 46 catches 13 TDs his last year with him.Thats roughly a TD every 3.5 catches
Who was the last Bengals WR to even reach 10 TDs in a season...A.J? Or a WR that averaged a TD every 3 catches?
John Ross? Chris Henry?
Marshall has a nice frame for a WR. He might even be a wee bit faster than Higgins?

Not by all of us...

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Terrace-Marshall-Jr
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 01:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know alot of attention has been given to JaMarr Chase and his production and chemistry with Joe Burrow.
John Ross? Chris Henry?

I think the Bengals are going to look for a quicker smaller type WR especially if looking in rounds 2-4 that adds something different in schemes than Boyd, Higgins and  Marshall. 
Reply/Quote
John Ross? Chris Henry?

Marshall is to slow. We have enough WR's who run 4.5's and 4.6's we need more SPEED.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 06:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think the Bengals are going to look for a quicker smaller type WR especially if looking in rounds 2-4 that adds something different in schemes than Boyd, Higgins and  Marshall. 

Ala Toney,Stevenson,Darden,Moore,Schwartz etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 08:17 PM)pulses Wrote: Ala Toney,Stevenson,Darden,Moore,Schwartz etc.

Everyone hyping Pitts made me start watching Florida games... and now I really want Kadarius Toney. Damn it he is fun to watch
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Everyone hyping Pitts made me start watching Florida games... and now I really want Kadarius Toney. Damn it he is fun to watch
That dude is electric and makes plays all over the field. He is gonna be special if he can stay healthy and get in the right system.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt be surprised if the Bengals drafted 2 pass catchers
In this draft. Either TE/WR or WR/WR.
I could live Marshall and field stretcher like that kid
From North Texas St.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wouldnt be surprised if the Bengals drafted 2 pass catchers
In this draft. Either TE/WR or WR/WR.
I could live Marshall and field stretcher like that kid
From North Texas St.

Yeah Jaelon Darden is one of my fav WR's in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Toney and then Darden later on.
Reply/Quote
He reminds me of Chris Henry! Would love to get him in the second!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:26 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah Jaelon Darden is one of my fav WR's in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Toney and then Darden later on.

I think a  Kyle Pitts and Jaelon Darden haul.in this draft could
Really put some electricity in this offense.
That would be a huge upgrade over Drew Sample and Alex Erickson
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think a  Kyle Pitts and Jaelon Darden haul.in this draft could

People keep pushing Kyle Pitts, like Zac Taylor is somehow going to re-engineer the Bengals offense to utilize the TE as a featured, down field, pass catching weapon.  I don't see it happening.  They chose Drew Sample for a reason, they like his skill set for the role a TE plays in Zac's offense.  If Uzomah is going to be phased out, then I would look for a TE selection like that Long from Boston Coll.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: People keep pushing Kyle Pitts, like Zac Taylor is somehow going to re-engineer the Bengals offense to utilize the TE as a featured, down field, pass catching weapon.  I don't see it happening.  They chose Drew Sample for a reason, they like his skill set for the role a TE plays in Zac's offense.  If Uzomah is going to be phased out, then I would look for a TE selection like that Long from Boston Coll.

Zacs offense has proven to be a failure over the last 2 years.
If he isnt willing to admit that to.himself is not make changes
Regarding scheme and philosophy he is fooling himself
Do you really like the offense ZT has showcased the last
2 seasons? 
They are already changing the run game scheme according
To Callahan. Why not change the passing game.?
Wake up Zac....its 2021. Not 1994. Time to get a TE that can
Doninate the seams and get the attention of a safety.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 10:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zacs offense has proven to be a failure over the last 2 years.
Zac's offense has only appeared to be a failure for the past two years, because they have had not had a quality OL for the offense to execute behind.  Changing dynamics, adding more "weapons" won't do jack shit to improve the Won/Loss column, until they address and fix the real problem, the offensive line.

We got a glimpse of Zac's intended offense in the win against Tennessee this season.  The OL produced solid blocking;  and then the running game flourished, and the passing game wasn't distressed.

There's nothing wrong with Zac's offensive scheme that a proper OL won't fix.  You can bet money on that.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 10:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zacs offense has proven to be a failure over the last 2 years.
If he isnt willing to admit that to.himself is not make changes
Regarding scheme and philosophy he is fooling himself
Do you really like the offense ZT has showcased the last
2 seasons? 
They are already changing the run game scheme according
To Callahan. Why not change the passing game.?
Wake up Zac....its 2021. Not 1994. Time to get a TE that can
Doninate the seams and get the attention of a safety.

Well I believe as most do, without a better Oline the offense is not going to perform well.. so instead of drafting TE/WRs, how about we draft some Oline in early rounds instead .. we have a decent base of skilled players with Boyd, Higgins, Mixon and CJ.. im all in adding some depth to WRs/TE just not early rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 11:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zac's offense has only appeared to be a failure for the past two years, because they have had not had a quality OL for the offense to execute behind.  Changing dynamics, adding more "weapons" won't do jack shit to improve the Won/Loss column, until they address and fix the real problem, the offensive line.

We got a glimpse of Zac's intended offense in the win against Tennessee this season.  The OL produced solid blocking;  and then the running game flourished, and the passing game wasn't distressed.

There's nothing wrong with Zac's offensive scheme that a proper OL won't fix.  You can bet money on that.
This offense needs philosophical changes 
And yes I can understand the oline was a problem.
But its not the only problem.
Getting rid of Turner is huge. 
But last year I saw very hope that told me Zac is this offensive 
Genius. Burrow's ability to move the sticks helped disguise 
Taylors flawed scheme. 
This offense had a good showing vs the Titans.
Burrow had a clean pocket. Time to go.through reads.
But its the Titans. Their defense was a issue all year.
I want to.see ZT actually out scheme a good defense.
I havent seen it in 2-years
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: People keep pushing Kyle Pitts, like Zac Taylor is somehow going to re-engineer the Bengals offense to utilize the TE as a featured, down field, pass catching weapon.  I don't see it happening.  They chose Drew Sample for a reason, they like his skill set for the role a TE plays in Zac's offense.  If Uzomah is going to be phased out, then I would look for a TE selection like that Long from Boston Coll.

AJ’s 100+ targets have to go to someone next season. Maybe that’s a Josh Reynolds, but if they don’t bring in a decent WR3 they’re going to have to feature the TE more.

And if a mediocre player like Uzomah saw 11 targets in 1.5 games then I’m pretty sure Taylor would use an elite weapon like Pitts even more.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 12:27 AM)impactplaya Wrote: This offense needs philosophical changes 
And yes I can understand the oline was a problem.
But its not the only problem.
Getting rid of Turner is huge. 
But last year I saw very hope that told me Zac is this offensive 
Genius. Burrow's ability to move the sticks helped disguise 
Taylors flawed scheme. 
This offense had a good showing vs the Titans.
Burrow had a clean pocket. Time to go.through reads.
But its the Titans. Their defense was a issue all year.
I want to.see ZT actually out scheme a good defense.
I havent seen it in 2-years

Well actually Seattle was a good defense in our first game in 2019 that we schemed well. I just don;t think you can just separate ZT and Burrow.. Burrow made some plays for sure but ZT improved I felt overall this year especially with Mixon out must of year and Allen did improve .  Fix the Oline and if Burrow can get better with throwing out of pocket and both ZT and Burrow grow and improve in Red Zone this offense should score points
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 12:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ’s 100+ targets have to go to someone next season. Maybe that’s a Josh Reynolds, but if they don’t bring in a decent WR3 they’re going to have to feature the TE more.

And if a mediocre player like Uzomah saw 11 targets in 1.5 games then I’m pretty sure Taylor would use an elite weapon like Pitts even more.

A WR3 isn't hard to find, weather through the draft or on the FA market, they are a plenty.  A WR3 is a minor detail compared to the real issue of fixing the OL.

This team has a franchise QB, 2 high quality WRs, a strong feature back and a good 2nd back.  They are hurting at OL, that's the source of all the offensive misery, the reason why our QB and RB went down with season ending injuries.  The answer isn't adding more weapons, it's building it's blocking wall.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think a  Kyle Pitts and Jaelon Darden haul.in this draft could

Yeah I'd be surprised if Erickson is back.  Pitts and Darden would be a great haul for sure!
Reply/Quote