Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Marshall LSU WR
(02-16-2021, 06:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: According to NFLDraftDataBase's Consensus Big Board, Slater is ranked 13th on average based on big boards and mock drafts around the web.  Besides, you aren't drafting a T with physical concerns that may force him to G at 5.  Talking trade down is nice and all, but you can't count on it, and trading down and hoping a player at a position of need is still on the board is a set up for failure.

Jonah showed enough last year to think he is the LT of the future.  Johnson and Adeniji are serviceable backups who are still on rookie contracts and early in the development curve.  The elephant in that room is Hart at RT, but the fact of the matter is he's better than any G we have on the roster and outplayed Hopkins last year.  Plus Hopkins will likely be PUP'd to start the year.  IOL is the priority.  T is a position that would be nice to upgrade if there's value.  They honestly have a pretty solid 2 deep at T.  People just have a target fixation on Hart because he was so terrible when he first came here, but he developed into a serviceable starting T last year.

I should Slater as an example since he is considered in the 2/3 Tackle after Sewell.. Darrisaw is also in the top 10 range.. Pete Prisco has him going with #6 pick.  If the need is there and Bengals have a Oline  in their top 10.. you draft them...  i will say the trend in most expert mocks before FA is Sewell falls in us.. that would be awesome. I agree with you on Hart.. he actually played above average for tackles in sacks, pressures and penalties..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d be down for terrace marshal after we draft an offensive tackle a guard a corner and dtackle and pass rusher. Until that’s been done honestly I can’t even think receiver. Protect this Our franchise first and foremost in Burrow especially after we didn’t and let him get killed which most of us with a brain knew was gonna happen. Then on defense they need to do a much better of getting after the passer and then we have zero depth at corner. We have a Trae Wayne’s who will be coming off injury and Darius Phillips. Really hoping we retain Alexander but that’s essentially all we have at that position as well. All this wide receiver talk cracks me up it’s almost as if y’all still think we have dalton under center and we need to throw as many weapons around him to succeed. We have Burrow who is elite... and elite QBs don’t need to be swarmed with weapons to succeed they just need to be protected and then anyone on the roster the sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 06:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: According to NFLDraftDataBase's Consensus Big Board, Slater is ranked 13th on average based on big boards and mock drafts around the web.  Besides, you aren't drafting a T with physical concerns that may force him to G at 5.  Talking trade down is nice and all, but you can't count on it, and trading down and hoping a player at a position of need is still on the board is a set up for failure.

Jonah showed enough last year to think he is the LT of the future.  Johnson and Adeniji are serviceable backups who are still on rookie contracts and early in the development curve.  The elephant in that room is Hart at RT, but the fact of the matter is he's better than any G we have on the roster and outplayed Hopkins last year.  Plus Hopkins will likely be PUP'd to start the year.  IOL is the priority.  T is a position that would be nice to upgrade if there's value.  They honestly have a pretty solid 2 deep at T.  People just have a target fixation on Hart because he was so terrible when he first came here, but he developed into a serviceable starting T last year.

Bobby hart is absolute garbage so to see u say he turned into a serviceable starter at right tackle honestly should get u kicked as a Bengal fan. Bobby hart is bad. Bad bad bad. You’ve been bungled saying that. Ur soo used to horrible play in our oline you have now started to say things like Bobby hart and serviceable starter in the same sentence. Sewell is a better tackle than hart darrisaw as well slater as well Alex leatherwood also Vera tucker too and Teven Jenkins as well . If ur plan is to upgrade the tackle spot and Sewell isn’t there at 5 there is no question u could trade back to mid teens to early 20’s collect a few more picks maybe and still get one of the top tackles who will come in and be immediately better than our excuse for a right tackle in hart....
Reply/Quote