Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrifying potential in 2018.
(07-17-2018, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth mentioning that Mixon, Bernard, and Hill did combine for 1200 rushing yards and 692 receiving yards (1892 total yards) on 943 offensive snaps. While none of them reached that ideal 1000 yard metric, they did do well if you compare their combined workload to a typical workhorse RB.

For reference, those three combined were near identical to what Le'Veon Bell put up (1291 + 655 = 1946) on 943 offensive snaps.

Good stuff Ocho, i don't want us giving Mixon that many snaps and wasting him anyways the way the Steelers
have with Bell. They still have failed to come up with another contract to his liking too for heck sake. Could be
Conner is their next Bellcow.

Who knows how the diva show in Pitt ends up...

(07-17-2018, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The potential to be dangerous is there, but unless the blocking and tackling are on par, they may not make much noise.

True, true as usual Sunset.

(07-17-2018, 09:00 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I believe our offense should be better. Not sure how much better -- we may be buying into our own hype on how improved the OLine will be. We'll know pretty soon though -- if the RBs are getting more YPC we'll know it is legit. And that could be huge not just for the offense but the defense as well (time of possession).

I believe the Left side of the Line right now - Glenn - Boling - Price should be good but if teams just know that and
stack to that side it could hurt us. We will need two of Westerman, Fisher, Redmond, Perkins, Taylor, Hart or Hopkins
to show up and play decent to really make us menacing.
Reply/Quote
On the one hand, we've actually made some changes to our 32nd ranked offense. BUT on the other hand, it wouldn't be a Bengal off-season without us wondering how we're ever going to fit all our offensive talent on the field at the same time, either.

PA being gone certainly makes me optimistic, but I have this nagging feeling that Bill Lazor may have had more to do with our offensive lull than we want to admit. I get it, it's his time to fully implement his offense and so on so here is hoping the entire 16 game slate that was 2017's offense was Zampese's fault. I'll admit I wasn't blown away with Lazor when we hired him, mostly because the most noteworthy thing I ever remembered him for was being the OC the Dolphins fired before they finally had a winning season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 09:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the one hand, we've actually made some changes to our 32nd ranked offense.  BUT on the other hand, it wouldn't be a Bengal off-season without us wondering how we're ever going to fit all our offensive talent on the field at the same time, either.

PA being gone certainly makes me optimistic, but I have this nagging feeling that Bill Lazor may have had more to do with our offensive lull than we want to admit.  I get it, it's his time to fully implement his offense and so on so here is hoping the entire 16 game slate that was 2017's offense was Zampese's fault.  I'll admit I wasn't blown away with Lazor when we hired him, mostly because the most noteworthy thing I ever remembered him for was being the OC the Dolphins fired before they finally had a winning season.

Well Tannehill had his best year with Lazor and so did the running game under him in a long time.

I mean, it is not a terrible resume. Look at Belicheck with the Stains before he got with the Pats. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Tannehill had his best year with Lazor and so did the running game under him in a long time.

I mean, it is not a terrible resume. Look at Belicheck with the Stains before he got with the Pats. Mellow

They fired Lazor during the 2015 season and Tannehill had his best (though still ho-hum) season in 2016.  Lazor doesn't have a terrible resume, but it doesn't exactly fill me with hope that we're going to go from 32nd to "terrifying" either.  
Reply/Quote
There's lots of potential, but then I remember Mike Brown still runs the team and Marv still coaches it and Andy Dalton is still the QB and Ogbuehi is still hoping he'll be able to block somebody some day, and then my excitement sort of calms down.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They fired Lazor during the 2015 season and Tannehill had his best (though still ho-hum) season in 2016.  Lazor doesn't have a terrible resume, but it doesn't exactly fill me with hope that we're going to go from 32nd to "terrifying" either.  

Well you have to start somewhere and i am willing to give Lazor the benefit of the doubt after inheriting that
Frankenstein playbook that was a mixture of Gruden's, Hue and Zamp's. Should give anyone problems not being
comfortable in the playbook and running stuff a failure of an OC wanted to run.

Heck, we had a badass Offense in 2005 with Bratkowski as the OC, a big reason? A good O-line.

Hoping this O-line gets good cause it doesn't matter who the OC is if the QB has no time and there are no holes
in the running game.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 11:28 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well you have to start somewhere and i am willing to give Lazor the benefit of the doubt after inheriting that
Frankenstein playbook that was a mixture of Gruden's, Hue and Zamp's. Should give anyone problems not being
comfortable in the playbook and running stuff a failure of an OC wanted to run.

Heck, we had a badass Offense in 2005 with Bratkowski as the OC, a big reason? A good O-line.

Hoping this O-line gets good cause it doesn't matter who the OC is if the QB has no time and there are no holes
in the running game.

I hear ya . Lazor had 14 games though and we had some real offensive stinkers late in the season. We've seen other teams fire their oc and then have an offensive uptick or even win the SB that year (Baltimore, right?)  

I hope all of 2017 was Zampeses fault .
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 11:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya . Lazor had 14 games though and we had some real offensive stinkers late in the season. We've seen other teams fire their oc and then have an offensive uptick or even win the SB that year (Baltimore, right?)  

I hope all of 2017 was Zampeses fault .

... And Alexander's fault.
Reply/Quote
.... "potential" is something we haven't lacked in a long time. we just haven't produced
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 11:49 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ... And Alexander's fault.

Him too .
Reply/Quote