Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terron Armstead Visiting Dolphins.
Sounds like Dolphins changed their pursuit from Collins to Armstead.

Did dolphins catch wind of contract demands and decide to move another direction?
Did dolphins get tired of waiting?

I guess we will see how this all plays out, but if Armstead ends up in Miami their is one less musical chair for collins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sounds like Dolphins changed their pursuit from Collins to Armstead.  

Did dolphins catch wind of contract demands and decide to move another direction?

I guess we will see how this all plays out, but if Armstead ends up in Miami their is one less musical chair for collins.

That or they're sincerely interested and/or leverage.  If Collins likes Cincy but not the offer his agent could get him to sign a short term deal in Hope's of a bigger next deal. He will be over 30 at that point, so maybe he and Cincy bridge the gap.  This could be their best chance at getting a RT signed for more than 2 yrs.  No guarantee on signing Jonah long term and we are historically bad at drafting tackles.  Really looking forward no surprise team, Cincy talking to another tackle and Collins and co. giving in.
Reply/Quote
They are high on Jonah, I suspect they will keep him right where he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sounds like Dolphins changed their pursuit from Collins to Armstead.  

Who knows, maybe Bengals are in talks also with Armstead (FO is very good about secrecy) because Collins is demanding close to same money. We don't know, but is interesting best LT available has had little conversation in the news since Monday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pollack said it isn't out of the question that Jonah moves.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: Pollack said it isn't out of the question that Jonah moves.

Interesting, can you link it?
Reply/Quote
As someone who wouldn't know an Armstead from an Armchair, I'd like to know how this guy compares to Collins . I know they play different positions but as far as quality linemen, who's regaarded as better? I've heard this Armstead guy's name bandied about a lot but have the Bengals showed any interest in him?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: As someone who wouldn't know an Armstead from an Armchair, I'd like to know how this guy compares to Collins . I know they play different positions but as far as quality linemen, who's regaarded as better? I've heard this Armstead guy's name bandied about a lot but have the Bengals showed any interest in him?

When healthy armstead may be the best LT in the NFL today. But he can’t stay healthy. I’m sure he is commanding top dollar and that is risky.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: As someone who wouldn't know an Armstead from an Armchair, I'd like to know how this guy compares to Collins . I know they play different positions but as far as quality linemen, who's regaarded as better? I've heard this Armstead guy's name bandied about a lot but have the Bengals showed any interest in him?

Armstead is a top 3 to 5 LT who is beast protecting the QB. I have not heard us show any interest, but if we did J. Williams would likely move to RT
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Armstead is a top 3 to 5 LT who is beast protecting the QB. I have not heard us show any interest, but if we did J. Williams would likely move to RT

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: When healthy armstead may be the best LT in the NFL today.  But he can’t stay healthy.  I’m sure he is commanding top dollar and that is risky.

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:05 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Thank you.

In my opinion, if they were going to move Jonah to the right side and pick up a LT, Duane Brown (36 years old) would be a nice get on a 2 year deal.

Brown has only missed 4 games over the last 3 years, and played every game in 3 out of the last 4 years.

Armstead has missed 18 games over that same period, and has never played a full season.

Brown is probably 10-12/year
Armstead is probably closer to 16-20/year
Reply/Quote