Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Terror in Turkey
(06-30-2016, 05:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: USA Today reported from a source in Turkey in the last hour they are Nationals of the countries I mentioned. All of which are former USSR countries not ME countries.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/30/islamic-state-suspects-arrested-after-istanbul-airport-attack/86543080/

"Turkish authorities say the three suicide bombers who carried out the deadly attack on Istanbul's main airport were nationals of Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan."

Larry is reading "other reports".  No links for them yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-30-2016, 05:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Larry is reading "other reports".  No links for them yet.

Here is another....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/chechen-islamic-state-fighter-named-as-one-of-istanbul-airport-s/

"One of the bombers was named by officials as Chechen Osman Vadinov, who crossed into Turkey from Raqqa, the Islamic State’s stronghold in northern Syria, last month. "

From Chechnya went to Syria to get in.  Also interesting to point out....

"There are estimated to be as many as 2,000 jihadists from Russia’s North Caucasus fighting with Isil in Syria and Iraq, many of whom veterans of the separatist Chechen war. They have a reputation as being some of their most fearless, battle-hardened fighters."

So as I said we better block all Russian immigrants too!
(06-30-2016, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The reports I have read (nothing final) is they came from Raqqa. I don't see whether they are from there or migrated to there before crossing into Turkey matters in the least unless folks are trying to deflect from the issue of Terror originating from the ME.

Hmm. I took it as they physically came from Raqqa (like if I'm in Georgia coming home, I'm physically coming to Kentucky via Tennessee, not that I'm a Tennessean).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
What is wrong with restricting immigration from the ME while those in question here are fully vetted? The same folks that say we can't help everyone are the same that say we can let in everyone. Kinda conflicts.
[/quote]

The problem is that it will used by our enemy to portray the United States as an enemy of Islam.

Lot's of people don't get this.  The harder we crack down on innocent Muslims the more of them see us as an enemy.
(06-30-2016, 05:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Hmm. I took it as they physically came from Raqqa (like if I'm in Georgia coming home, I'm physically coming to Kentucky via Tennessee, not that I'm a Tennessean).

Yep, that's the same.

[img=400x300] http://www.youreuropemap.com/europe_map_political.gif[/img]
[Image: Southeastcolor.jpg]

As anyone can plainly see it makes as much sense as going to KY to GA through TN, as it does to go from Russia to Turkey through Syria. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-30-2016, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is wrong with restricting immigration from the ME while those in question here are fully vetted? The same folks that say we can't help everyone are the same that say we can let in everyone. Kinda conflicts.

Fredtoast Wrote:The problem is that it will used by our enemy to portray the United States as an enemy of Islam.

Lot's of people don't get this.  The harder we crack down on innocent Muslims the more of them see us as an enemy.

Why do you give Islam so little credit?

(06-30-2016, 06:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, that's the same.

[Image: europe_map_political.gif]
[Image: Southeastcolor.jpg]

As anyone can plainly see it makes as much sense as going to KY to GA through TN, as it does to go from Russia to Turkey through Syria. 

Ah, I wasn't aware Turkey and Syria don't border each other anymore. I appreciate the update.

ThumbsUp
(06-30-2016, 06:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Ah, I wasn't aware Turkey and Syria don't border each other anymore. I appreciate the update.

ThumbsUp

Ah, but you left the point of origin out of the equation. See if I can use your analogy to make is a little more clear:

Let's say KY proposes not allowing anyone from OH to come to KY. You come from GA to KY, but you travel through OH instead of TN. When stopped at the border in Covington you say I should be able to come in because I'm simply coming from GA. What would your next question as the border guard be? 

(06-30-2016, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah, but you left the point of origin out of the equation. See if I can use your analogy to make is a little more clear:

Let's say KY proposes not allowing anyone from OH to come to KY. You come from GA to KY, but you travel through OH instead of TN. When stopped at the border in Covington you say I should be able to come in because I'm simply coming from GA. What would your next question as the border guard be? 

My next question as the boarder guard would be: Are you talking about travel or immigration?

The Russian terrorists traveled to Turkey via Syria. They were not immigrants to Syria (not that I'm aware of at least). Nor were they Syrian immigrants to Russia (that I'm aware of).

Immigration and where someone has recently been are two entirely different issues.

So, I'm still not clear on what restricting immigrants from the Middle East has to do with terrorists that, for us, are almost entirely home grown.
(06-30-2016, 07:00 PM)Benton Wrote: My next question as the boarder guard would be: Are you talking about travel or immigration?

The Russian terrorists traveled to Turkey via Syria. They were not immigrants to Syria (not that I'm aware of at least). Nor were they Syrian immigrants to Russia (that I'm aware of).

Immigration and where someone has recently been are two entirely different issues.

So, I'm still not clear on what restricting immigrants from the Middle East has to do with terrorists that, for us, are almost entirely home grown.

What the hell kind of question would that be for a Border Guard to ask? Mine would most likely be Why did you travel through Ohio to get the Kentucky from Georgia. Not sure travel or migration is relevant.  

But let's say the person said I was only traveling through Ohio from Georgia to get to Kentucky. What would your next quest......

Never mind, When I say stop immigration from the Middle East I include anyone from any country that went out of their way to visit the Middle East before they came here. Doesn't really seem that hard. You want to come here from Ireland: sure, just don't come via Syria.  

You wanna come here from the Middle East: Not right now. Get your shit straight over there and then we'll see. Given what i say doesn't brief well at the love in.  

(06-30-2016, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is wrong with restricting immigration from the ME while those in question here are fully vetted? The same folks that say we can't help everyone are the same that say we can let in everyone. Kinda conflicts.

The problem is that it will used by our enemy to portray the United States as an enemy of Islam.

[/quote]

Kinda like the Iraqi's did when Obama put a 6 month hold on their applications so we could improve the vetting of them?

Nah, you're only up in arms about it cause Trump said to do that same thing, except he used a religion instead of 1 country.
(06-30-2016, 07:00 PM)Benton Wrote: My next question as the boarder guard would be: Are you talking about travel or immigration?

Hmm since some of these terrorists are 2nd generation, are you trying to say that they don't count anymore as immigrants?
Who are you kidding? If the 1st Generation wasn't allowed to enter, then there wouldn't have been a 2nd generation of people that are struggling with trying to balance American Values that conflicts with their Holy upbringing in order to find their own identity.
(06-30-2016, 08:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hmm since some of these terrorists are 2nd generation, are you trying to say that they don't count anymore as immigrants?
Who are you kidding? If the 1st Generation wasn't allowed to enter, then there wouldn't have been a 2nd generation of people that are struggling with trying to balance American Values that conflicts with their Holy upbringing in order to find their own identity.

I suppose we could let them in and let our children deal with it. 

I still think we need a buffer zone, for all immigrants and anyone that leaves the country for over a year (or whatever time that people smarter than I decide to be a concern).
Training and observation is necessary.
Looks like things are picking up in Bangladesh as well:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/attackers-hostages-bangladesh-restaurant-172917779.html

Quote:As many as nine gunmen attacked a restaurant popular with foreigners in a diplomatic zone of the Bangladeshi capital on Friday night, taking dozens of hostages and exchanging gunfire with security forces, authorities and a witness said.

One police officer died of his wounds at a hospital, according to his nephew Mishu Hasan. Authorities had not yet reported the death......

At least 35 people, including about 20 foreigners, were still trapped inside the restaurant, according to kitchen staffer, Sumon Reza, who was among more than 10 people who managed to run to the rooftop and escape.

He said the attackers chanted "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great) as they launched the attack around 9:20 p.m. Friday, initially opening fire with blanks.

(07-01-2016, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like things are picking up in Bangladesh as well:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/attackers-hostages-bangladesh-restaurant-172917779.html

Probably had something to do with a YouTube video.
(06-30-2016, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you give Islam so little credit?

Why do you deny reality?

All religious people are hyper-sensative and take offense at even the smallest slight.  Just look at all the Christians freaking out over the "War on Christmas".
(07-03-2016, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Kinda like the Iraqi's did when Obama put a 6 month hold on their applications so we could improve the vetting of them?

[/quote]

Yes, exactly.  Muslims used this as propaganda against the Uited States.

So what is your point?  Or are oyu one of those people who has not clue what we are talking about, but just likes to throw in random anti-Obama comments from the right-wing echo chamber?
(07-03-2016, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you deny reality?

All religious people are hyper-sensative and take offense at even the smallest slight.  Just look at all the Christians freaking out over the "War on Christmas".

How many mass killings have resulted in the War on Christians? Or am I to understand that you give Christian much more credit that the Muslim. "We can restrict practices of the Christian because they will just get mad, we cannot restrict the Muslim because they will kill folk." While perhaps true; it does seem condescending to suggest. 

(07-03-2016, 12:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many mass killings have resulted in the War on Christians? Or am I to understand that you give Christian much more credit that the Muslim. "We can restrict practices of the Christian because they will just get mad, we cannot restrict the Muslim because they will kill folk." While perhaps true; it does seem condescending to suggest. 

I know you won't respond but who is "restricting the practices of Christians"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.