Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist act in Orlando
see, this is why im glad neither my wife or I have any desire to go to bars/clubs.

no one is going to shoot us at our home playing video games
People suck
(06-13-2016, 11:08 AM)Griever Wrote: see, this is why im glad neither my wife or I have any desire to go to bars/clubs.

no one is going to shoot us at our home playing video games

[Image: Boom%2BHeadshot%2B_419556_15013.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-13-2016, 11:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: Boom%2BHeadshot%2B_419556_15013.jpg]

****** cats...lol
People suck
(06-13-2016, 11:35 AM)Griever Wrote: ****** cats...lol

I couldn't decide which game to go with for a headshot image, so I just went with that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-13-2016, 10:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  I'm SAYING that a gun is designed to do damage to...something.  It can not be used for any other purpose.

That doesn't mean people shouldn't have them or can't use them.  Not at all.  I believe in the 2nd ammendment 100%.

However...

A car is not designed to run over things only.
A rope is not designed to  hang people only.

I don't dig the comparisons when they are made.  That's all.

What about poison ?
I guarantee you that with the use of a slow acting poison, the body count would have been much higher.
I suppose there would be a decent likelihood that he may have been caught slipping it in drinks, but we never know the preparation of a madman.
(06-13-2016, 12:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What about poison ?
I guarantee you that with the use of a slow acting poison, the body count would have been much higher.
I suppose there would be a decent likelihood that he may have been caught slipping it in drinks, but we never know the preparation of a madman.

Could you imagine what someone with no concern for their own life and a little forethought could really pull off? Getting a job as a bartender at a club and using a slow acting poison. That would be insane.

im just shocked something hasnt happened at a sporting event
People suck
(06-13-2016, 12:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Could you imagine what someone with no concern for their own life and a little forethought could really pull off? Getting a job as a bartender at a club and using a slow acting poison. That would be insane.

There are literally a dozen "terrorist acts" that could be pulled off all around the country if they were really as organized as everyone says they are.

These events, while horrific, are nothing when it comes to creating true "terror" in this country.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-13-2016, 12:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Could you imagine what someone with no concern for their own life and a little forethought could really pull off? Getting a job as a bartender at a club and using a slow acting poison. That would be insane.

As ridiculous as it sounds, the terrorist attack in the Division. A super virus placed on cash on Black Friday. Woo.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-13-2016, 07:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The FBI can't track that. They could easily just use cash, and go to multiple stores, or have multiple people but it.

Even if someone pays cash, they will still follow up. I'm thinking primarily of the fertilizer. If enough is bought at one store or even in an area, they will start an investigation and interview store owners. They keep track of the normal sales of fertilizer and are aware when a large amount is sold in an area that normally wouldn't have sold. They've done this ever since the Oklahoma bombing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
POTUS still a little fuzzy on the "motivation":
https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-clear-evidence-orlando-attack-directed-abroad-obama-155346495.html

Quote:Obama said 29-year-old Omar Mateen did appear to have been “inspired by various extremist information that was disseminated over the Internet.”

“At this stage we see no clear evidence that he was directed externally,” Obama said.

“It does appear that at the last minute he announced allegiance to ISIL, but there is no evidence so far that he was in fact directed by them,” he said, using an acronym for the Islamic State group.

“There’s also no direct evidence that he was part of a larger plot.”

IS earlier claimed responsibility for the massacre, saying in a radio bulletin that it was carried out by “one of the soldiers of the caliphate.”

He is not aware of a message that ISIL sent to Muslims regarding homosexuals and what they are directed to do? Somebody needs to brief him up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2016, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: POTUS still a little fuzzy on the "motivation":
https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-clear-evidence-orlando-attack-directed-abroad-obama-155346495.html

He is not aware of a message that ISIL sent to Muslims regarding homosexuals and what they are directed to do? Somebody needs to brief him up.

or hes waiting until something is 100% before he says something, because he knows the neckbeards on the right are frothing at the mouth for anything to give them more justification to hate someone a different skin color than them
People suck
(06-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Griever Wrote: or hes waiting until something is 100% before he says something, because he knows the neckbeards on the right are frothing at the mouth for anything to give them more justification to hate someone a different skin color than them

That didn't stop his administration from blaming the Bengazi attacks on a YouTube video did it? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: That didn't stop his administration from blaming the Bengazi attacks on a YouTube video did it? Mellow

touche
People suck
(06-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Griever Wrote: or hes waiting until something is 100% before he says something, because he knows the neckbeards on the right are frothing at the mouth for anything to give them more justification to hate someone a different skin color than them

Motivating someone to kill 50 Americans might do it for some folks and it is not because of skin color. Given it does make folks seem bigoted, so good job.

(06-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: That didn't stop his administration from blaming the Bengazi attacks on a YouTube video did it? Mellow

[Image: th?id=HR.293355276227&pid=15.1&P=0&w=223...=223&h=168]

Exactly.
There is no true way to prevent the actions of someone that is this enthralled in their psychosis.
We need asylums back in full swing.

(06-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Griever Wrote: neckbeards

kek
(06-13-2016, 03:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not looking to ban anything...I'm just wondering why people have such a hard time admitting that certain weapons and things make killing people easier than others.

For the record, I don't think anything should be banned but I've been deemed dangerously liberal in that sense.

I wonder that too as obviously our military admits it as they don't use the Springfield 1855 musket anymore. 

For my record, we as a society should always be looking at ways to decrease the likelihood of the wrong people getting hold of guns and certain kind of guns, especially assault rifles with armor piercing rounds for example. And the goal which will never be achieved but is at least the carrot at end of the stick should be that no one should be able to purchase a gun with any red flags of any kind. Sadly though there are those like the NRA that thinks guns should be purchasable like a candy bar, and we have gone too far as it is with current gun laws. Mindblown.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-13-2016, 05:31 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Obviously we don't ban those things. But if you buy a sufficient quantity of those items within a short time period, you can expect the FBI to come knocking on your door.

Best laid plans take time. Minute amounts or even legit channels (like most terrorists have access to) gets the feds off of you.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-13-2016, 07:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Best laid plans take time. Minute amounts or even legit channels (like most terrorists have access to) gets the feds off of you.

That would be the way to do it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]