Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin’s focus on turnovers
It’s certainly paying off so far. 5 turnovers (3 INT/2 FUM) thru 2 games.

Yes, we’ve given up back to back 300+ yds in he passing game, but the defense is making big plays (sacks, turnovers, big 4th down stops, etc). Can’t wait to see what Austin can do when he gets Tez and Brown back!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They're definitely giving us all fits dropping all the possible INTs and almost letting both Fake-o and Schmuck back into the games, but it's slowly paying off.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Aggressive play call at the end, blitzing Shawn Williams to end the game. I think this unit will only get better as the season goes on and with Burfict coming back. We haven't even seen much from Lawson if we get him going were in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s certainly paying off so far. 5 turnovers (3 INT/2 FUM) thru 2 games.

Yes, we’ve given up back to back 300+ yds in he passing game, but the defense is making big plays (sacks, turnovers, big 4th down stops, etc). Can’t wait to see what Austin can do when he gets Tez and Brown back!

Bates missed a 49 yard reception by inches, at worst he should have batted down that 3rd down play and ended the drive (resulted in TD for Ravens later) as it was 3rd down. But, he almost picked it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:38 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Aggressive play call at the end, blitzing Shawn Williams to end the game. I think this unit will only get better as the season goes on and with Burfict coming back. We haven't even seen much from Lawson if we get him going were in good shape.

We also need to remember, no Brown and no Burfict last night in the same game. The young LB's are getting better every game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You def have to be impressed with what we have seen so far, from not only the turnovers but the young guys playing well. Bates is the real deal, Glasnow has gotten better, Hubbard looks strong and Jordan Evans has improved.

As stated above can't wait to get Tez back!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
That hit that Jordan Evans laid on Collins had me saying; "That's the guy I remember watching in Oklahoma games on TV"..Jesse Bates is ALWAYS around the ball...I liked Iloka but Bates is just too smoothe out there. Sam Hubbard...Think that's a guy who is really happy to do his thing in front of his home town. Hardy Nickerson Jr. ..That dude is proving to be a lot better that I thought he'd be..Not the greatest in coverage but he makes tackles..The best part about all of this is the team has 9 days off to get everyone healthy and I think they will be a bad match for Carolina..I'm expecting 3-0 coming out of there.. Lastly if you really want to smile...Preston Brown and Burfict are coming back real soon..Hehehehehehe..
Reply/Quote