Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teryl Austin Next DC of Bengals - Confirmed
Josina Anderson

Verified account

@JosinaAnderson
8m8 minutes ago
More
I'm told Teryl Austin is going to accept the #Bengals offer to become their defensive coordinator, per source.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Is "as told per source", really confirmed?

Has the team or Austin put anything out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'll wait for the official announcement, but I like the hiring if true. I know a lot of people were dead set on Del Rio, so I imagine this will spawn a lot of disappointment, but it sounds like he's a good coach with a lot of love from players and fans alike.
(01-08-2018, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is "as told per source", really confirmed?

Has the team or Austin put anything out?

I never post anything unless I'm sure its confirmed!

[b]Paul Dehner Jr.Verified account [/b]@pauldehnerjr
FollowingFollowing @pauldehnerj

More importantly, #Bengals are set to hire Detroit Lions DC Teryl Austin for the defensive coordinator position. Via @enquirer

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/08/cincinnati-bengals-hire-teryl-austin-defensive-coordinator/1012060001/
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/08/cincinnati-bengals-hire-teryl-austin-defensive-coordinator/1012060001/

https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Seems official and not sure it is the right move. Time will tell though.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Austin is a 4-3 guy, right?
I like the move, seems to bring something we need turnovers by defense
Decent move i suppose but won't move the needle one way or another in the overall scheme of things.
I like we got a guy who has been getting a lot of head coaching job interviews in recent years. Shows he has a lot of respect around the league.
Well, he's coached on 3 different Super Bowl teams, so there's that.....
(01-08-2018, 06:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like we got a guy who has been getting a lot of head coaching job interviews in recent years. Shows he has a lot of respect around the league.

Or that he’ll be gone to one of those jobs in a few short years & we’ll be back in the same position as we have been.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(01-08-2018, 06:13 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Or that he’ll be gone to one of those jobs in a few short years & we’ll be back in the same position as we have been.

When you lost coaches to other teams, it's because you are winning.
I can see Atkins really benefiting a one gap style. I know Austin has been a one gap guy in the past, not sure what the plan is for here.

WhoDey2
(01-08-2018, 06:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When you lost coaches to other teams, it's because you are winning.

Must be why PG is gone Ninja
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(01-08-2018, 06:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Must be why PG is gone Ninja

He's gone because Gruden wanted him. I didn't hear of a bunch of other teams beating down his door.....
(01-08-2018, 06:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Must be why PG is gone Ninja

LOL! Touché. And Paul Alexander Ninja Ninja Ninja
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
(01-08-2018, 06:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's gone because Gruden wanted him. I didn't hear of a bunch of other teams beating down his door.....

I want to believe we told his a** to beat it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
I know it's not a popular way of thinking these days but I'm willing to see what happens before I condemn the man.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-08-2018, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: I know it's not a popular way of thinking these days but I'm willing to see what happens before I condemn the man.

That sums up about where I am with this team in general