Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teryl Austin Next DC of Bengals - Confirmed
(01-08-2018, 06:36 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: That sums up about where I am with this team in general

Right.  There will be plenty of time for wailing and wringing of hands later, after the bad shit happens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-08-2018, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Austin is a 4-3 guy, right?

I believe so..

this guy could be our next Heir Apparent to the lewis throne..
I'm all for a ball hawking defense. Its been awhile since we had one around here. Who was the DC here when Deltha O'Neal and Tory James led the NFL in INTs? Think 3 separate times we had 5 INTs in 1 game. Would be nice to get that back and we have the CBs to make it happen.
would love to get the Lions LB Whitehead as a FA.
Early prediction: the very first TD given up by the Bengals there will be more than a few cries for his head on a platter.. First dropped pass by a Bengals receiver the same will happen for Bicknell...same for first sack, etc.,etc.,and so on and so forth..
I'm not saying that some Bengals fans jump to conclusions, but......
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-08-2018, 06:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When you lost coaches to other teams, it's because you are winning.

When Zimmer was here, yah.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(01-08-2018, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: I know it's not a popular way of thinking these days but I'm willing to see what happens before I condemn the man.

Whether it is popular or not, I agree with you. I'd like to think a DC that can create more turnovers, is being aggressive as opposed to what we have seen the last couple of years.
(01-08-2018, 06:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe so..

So apparently Marvin is going to grow more hair? That's the next take away from the hiring.. hair apparent..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

I'm not excited by this hire - Then again Marvin is back - so does it really matter anyways?

"Detroit’s defenses under Austin weren’t not as good after his first season, ranking second, 18th, 18th and 27th in yards allowed from 2014-17."
(01-08-2018, 06:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe so..

Did you say Lewis clone ?......That is unfortunately probably what got him the job.
(01-08-2018, 06:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like we got a guy who has been getting a lot of head coaching job interviews in recent years. Shows he has a lot of respect around the league.

Yep, Zimmer was same, was in line for an HC job, but just couldn't land one.

Anyways, seems like the Bengals went proactive and got the man they wanted instead of waiting around and settling with what's left.
Does he use more man coverage? Our zone defense would always get picked apart. Besides, Dennard and WJ3 have been playing great man defense
(01-08-2018, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, he's coached on 3 different Super Bowl teams, so there's that.....

That sounds good,who was the teams and what was his job.i think one was the cardinals.has he ever won a superbowl?
(01-08-2018, 07:32 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That sounds good,who was the teams and what was his job.i think one was the cardinals.has he ever won a superbowl?

I think that he was DB coach with the Ravens, when they beat the Niners, a few years back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Did this new guys numbers drop after losing Suh among other talent and not replace with up and coming talent to be developed?

I'm just wondering why he went from good to bad since I know absolutely nothing about the Lions.
Did the team even interview anyone else? The guy might be good, but it seems odd the Bengals only ever interview one guy and then give him the job.
(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Did the team even interview anyone else? The guy might be good, but it seems odd the Bengals only ever interview one guy and then give him the job.

Seems like Marv already had his mind made up and the interview was more of a formality. Who did they interview when they gave Paulie the job?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(01-08-2018, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Did the team even interview anyone else? The guy might be good, but it seems odd the Bengals only ever interview one guy and then give him the job.

Plane tickets don’t grow on trees bro.
This feels weak and lazy. Kinda like the Zampese hire. They were passive, wanted Guenther back, then hired the first guy they interviewed? I mean, Austin can't be the greatest candidate out there, right? Why not interview someone else?

People are trying to spin things as so different, but it sure looks pretty status quo to me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(01-08-2018, 08:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This feels weak and lazy. Kinda like the Zampese hire. They were passive, wanted Guenther back, then hired the first guy they interviewed? I mean, Austin can't be the greatest candidate out there, right? Why not interview someone else?

People are trying to spin things as so different, but it sure looks pretty status quo to me.

Marv made up his mind who he wanted and that was that.  This is how it's always been.  There's an opening and then it's filled.  When has there ever been an interview process for replacing coaches?  It's always just been an announcement of who was hired.

Alexander is the only thing different.

He made a good call on Zimmer.  What else can we do but hope he is right on this one?