Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teryl Austin Next DC of Bengals - Confirmed
(01-09-2018, 01:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Alas the front page fluff also says he doesn't like to blitz a lot or play press man coverage. That sounds like more of letting offenses march up and down the field against our soft one.

He said he is not usually a blitzer but he will if he has to and he will play press if that's what his players do best.  

He doesn't blitz all that much, but he will if he has to. He's not a big man press guy in the back end but he could be if that's what they can do. He did it enough this season his cornerback, Darius Slay, shared the NFL lead with eight interceptions. As Austin says, “I’ll do what they do.”
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Luckily, with our line, if it's playing to it's ability we won't have to blitz a lot....
(01-08-2018, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: I know it's not a popular way of thinking these days but I'm willing to see what happens before I condemn the man.

Yeah, and Austin has had success in the past. I guess i don't mind this, Guenther wasn't getting it done, happy we moved
on to a new DC. Wasn't impressed with the Lions Defense this year but they were really good a couple years ago under
Teryl Austin. Just thought Del Rio fit exactly what we needed here. Oh well.
He had 2 crucial plays on 3rd downs in close games last season 1 with 10 players and another with 9. the 9 he gave up 27 yards the 10 a touchdown. Don't know if he was ultimately responsible or Caldwell. either way makes me less than enthused.
I like the addition of Matt Raich, it’s nice to see Austin bringing in his people.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-12-2018, 03:46 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I like the addition of Matt Raich, it’s nice to see Austin bringing in his people.

Was is his position?
(01-12-2018, 03:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Was is his position?

Assistant DL Coach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23