Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin is a joke..
This guy is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to call a game defensively,this guy is truly incompetent..He chose to rush 4 all game,and did nothing creative to create any pressure then with the game on the line vs a struggling kicker you choose to send the house something you haven't done not once all game long is really mind boggling...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:22 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This guy is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to call a game defensively,this guy is truly incompetent..He chose to rush 4 all game,and did nothing creative to create any pressure then with the game on the line vs a struggling kicker you choose to send the house something you haven't done not once all game long is really mind boggling...
In total agreement.
Reply/Quote
Yes, the call for an all-out blitz, especially after not touching Ben all day long, is a tough one to understand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Steelers have scored 30 or more points in 3 games this year. We held them to 20 until we sold out on the final play.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Man I thought our defense actually played decent until that final drive. Also thought we played more agressive in coverage then we have. All in all we need to do better taking away the cheap stuff and better job at tackling on underneath routes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steelers have scored 30 or more points in 3 games this year. We held them to 20 until we sold out on the final play.

First they haven't blitzed but once the entire game til that point, second why would you sell out knowing there already in FG range against the wind with a struggling kicker???
Reply/Quote
For as many injuries as they had thought they did ok.

Get the temptation to try and get a sack to take them out of FG range as well.

Now Burfict does not appear to be playing up to speed at all, nor is the OL.

It is what it is and they allowed them to get away with that pick play to pull off win.

Bengals played with a lot of heart, yet came up short. Still in good shape record wise just need to get healthy.

Beat the Chiefs !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
All in all the D played well until the final TD drive. They held the Steelers to a relatively low score and kept us in the game. The lack of pressure and turnovers really hurt. There was around 4 potential INTs that we didn't get and we didn't recover the lone fumble. Hubbard could've had a pick but knocked it in the air, Burfict had a near pick, Dennard should've had a pick on the play he was hurt but Schuster took it away from him, and WJ3 should've had a sure pick. I don't think I'm forgetting any. Even without any pressure, just 1 one of those turnovers could've changed the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:45 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: First they haven't blitzed but once the entire game til that point, second why would you sell out knowing there already in FG range against the wind with a struggling kicker???

To get a sack and get them out of FG range. Do you think we should have played prevent?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
0 sacks. 0 turnovers. Defense is real bad unless they luck into some bad QB play.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To get a sack and get them out of FG range. Do you think we should have played prevent?

Actually I think I’m hindisght it would’ve been great to fake blitz and drop back knowing they do a quick slant or out route
Reply/Quote
It was incredibly obvious they expected a blitz on the last play. I was screaming "DO NOT BLITZ!" And that did they do?? Blitz and lose the game Whatever

F*** Teryl "Chuck Bresnahan 2.0" Austin with an iron stick sideways  Whatever Useless 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It was incredibly obvious they expected a blitz on the last play. I was screaming "DO NOT BLITZ!" And that did they do?? Blitz and lose the game Whatever

F*** Teryl "Chuck Bresnahan 2.0" Austin with an iron stick sideways  Whatever Useless 

The guy is really in over his head,did you see the first blitz he called when he sent tony mcrae???3rd and 8 and he chose to blitz a defender who had to come from 10 yards away smh he didn't even make it to the Los lol...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steelers have scored 30 or more points in 3 games this year. We held them to 20 until we sold out on the final play.

The Steelers could have easily scored more than 28 if it weren't for the goal line stands. They could have easily of had 37 points. They gave up almost 500 yards of offense. Just atrocious. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Austin should have been fired after the Carolina disaster.
Reply/Quote
Why exactly was he hired after watching him coach the Lions defense. Did I miss something?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Steelers could have easily scored more than 28 if it weren't for the goal line stands. They could have easily of had 37 points. They gave up almost 500 yards of offense. Just atrocious. 

Umm...but they didn’t. Because our defense made some big stops. Your post makes no sense.

Reply/Quote
I appreciate that he has emphasized turnovers and going after the ball more aggressively, but otherwise his defensive scheme has been atrocious. A team this bad on third down isn't going anywhere in the post season, and it's not like the post season is even a given at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
"Whyyyyy do they call it D-Fence anyway?

It doesn't keep anyone out.  You have a whole stadium watching...  so, no privacy either.

No-fence should be the name for it.

People haplessly walk into your yard with no problem.  Maybe a dog drops a log... or two."

[Image: th?id=OIP.nlhkEzKa0fy-kW6EZeIqIgHaFd&pid...=212&h=157]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

So what your saying is that they have scored 30 or more points in 3 games this year and we did great by holding them to 28?

Also its unfortunate but the final play counts so yea doesnt really matter what we did up until the final play, it matters what we did the entire game and the end result was not great(Wide open receivers and Missed tackles ALL game). This defense has been pretty terrible basically all year anyway so its not like this game changed anybodies mind, Austin and this D were terrible coming in and they were terrible again today.

(10-14-2018, 09:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Steelers could have easily scored more than 28 if it weren't for the goal line stands. They could have easily of had 37 points. They gave up almost 500 yards of offense. Just atrocious. 

We have plenty to complain about without having to play the what if game.
Reply/Quote