Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin is a joke..
They need to fire Austin RIGHT NOW. Get anyone else in here and tell the defense they until the end of the bye week to shape up or players get cut.

Scheme wise ditch the soft zones and go to press man at the line. All of our CBs are MUCH better in Man than in Zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...but they didn’t. Because our defense made some big stops. Your post makes no sense.

Our defense gave up 500 yards offense .That's awful. It  makescomplete sense. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Our defense gave up 500 yards offense .That's awful. It  makescomplete sense. 

The part that made no sense was you saying they could have easily scored more points than they did.

You ever hear the old saying if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Reply/Quote
I wish Austin would emphasize tackling instead of turnovers at this point. Maybe our players are just too busy thinking about getting some kind of strip or ball-knocking hit to wrap up and tackle.

If we didnt have the talent we have, I'd be ok with the results we've had to this point, but our defense is loaded in a way where they should be the strength of the team and at least a top 10 defense. They just dont seem play well in this scheme. Very inconsistent and soft.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:30 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I wish Austin would emphasize tackling instead of turnovers at this point. Maybe our players are just too busy thinking about getting some kind of strip or ball-knocking hit to wrap up and tackle.

If we didnt have the talent we have, I'd be ok with the results we've had to this point, but our defense is loaded in a way where they should be the strength of the team and at least a top 10 defense. They just dont seem play well in this scheme. Very inconsistent and soft.

I agree.  What is with all of these silly attempts at high, twisting tackles on behemoth TEs, that shake them off like rain on a dog's back?  Everyone knows that the way to take down a building is to destroy the foundation..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:22 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This guy is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to call a game defensively,this guy is truly incompetent..He chose to rush 4 all game,and did nothing creative to create any pressure then with the game on the line vs a struggling kicker you choose to send the house something you haven't done not once all game long is really mind boggling...

everyone on here needs to tweet,e-mail and social media and whatever it takes to let these bums know this is so unacceptable to lose to the stinkin stoolers and do not let up,hammer them all week,you just know they are going to get killed when they play them in their house.How in hell can you lose to the stinkin stoolers at your house,you so suck and I just hate losing to their ass,especially at home,this is why I NEVER go down their anymore as they always lose to the stoolers and Marvin needs to go NOW. He can never beat the stoolers and they so called team is going nowhere.the stoolers will win the division AGAIN,mark it down
Reply/Quote
They lost four core players during the course of that game. Defense has been below average, but major pieces have been out at various points throughout each game. That deserves some observation.

But he has been less than advertised.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I know people will blame Austin. But the personnel on the Bengal's defense is limited at safety and linebacker. I am baffled that the Bengals remain horrible on coverage of TE. The safety position is a serious problem as is backers.

The Austin plan is for the 4 studs at defensive line to get pressure if given adequate coverage. The big hole in Austin's plan is the failure at backer to cover TE and post routes. Then there are inexplicable down the middle plays. The Defense gives up too many big plays.

I just think the Personnel lacks talent outside of defense line.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:45 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So what your saying is that they have scored 30 or more points in 3 games this year and we did great by holding them to 28?

Also its unfortunate but the final play counts so yea doesnt really matter what we did up until the final play, it matters what we did the entire game and the end result was not great(Wide open receivers and Missed tackles ALL game). This defense has been pretty terrible basically all year anyway so its not like this game changed anybodies mind, Austin and this D were terrible coming in and they were terrible again today.

We have plenty to complain about without having to play the what if game.

The point is is that total points given up is not always the best indicator of just how well a defense is playing. This defense is third last in the league in yards given up and in the bottom 10 in points given up. This defense is not good. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The part that made no sense was you saying they could have easily scored more points than they did.

You ever hear the old saying if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

That game on Sunday could have very well been a blow out. 
Reply/Quote
They actually played well enough to win in the 2nd half up until the final drive.

Not sold on Austin yet, but he didn't do anything to make his standing worse yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That game on Sunday could have very well been a blow out. 

And aliens could have landed at midfield, but they didn’t...

Reply/Quote
Dumb call at the end of the game to Biltz everybody. I’m fine with Blitzing but bring one or two guys and try to disguise the blitz so Big Ben dosent know where it is coming from. No element of surprise what so ever we basically showed our cards to the Steelers and went all in. At least make the think a little and draw up a creative blitz.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:26 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know people will blame Austin.  But the personnel on the Bengal's defense is limited at safety and linebacker.   I am baffled that the Bengals remain horrible on coverage of TE.  The safety position is a serious problem as is backers.  

The Austin plan is for the 4 studs at defensive line to get pressure if given adequate coverage.  The big hole in Austin's plan is the failure at backer to cover TE and post routes.  Then there are inexplicable down the middle plays.   The Defense gives up too many big plays.  

I just think the Personnel lacks talent outside of defense line.

My biggest problem with Austin is his lack of adjustments. The Steelers were stacking the line and playing 5 wide at receiver, looking to get quick passes to neutralize our pass rush. It worked and they were eating us up. Austin failed to make any kind of adjustment to counter this. 

The lack of pass rush on Sunday was due to scheming by Pitt, not a lack of talent on the offensive line. Its hard to pass rush when the ball is out of the QBs hand in less than 3 seconds. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My biggest problem with Austin is his lack of adjustments. The Steelers were stacking the line and playing 5 wide at receiver, looking to get quick passes to neutralize our pass rush. It worked and they were eating us up. Austin failed to make any kind of adjustment to counter this. 

The lack of pass rush on Sunday was due to scheming by Pitt, not a lack of talent on the offensive line. Its hard to pass rush when the ball is out of the QBs hand in less than 3 seconds. 

LMAO...Did you even watch the game?The guy sat back there for 4-5 seconds on at least 15 plays. You act like they're a dink and dunk spread team. BR had all day and it's inexcusable...
Reply/Quote
This is the Detroit D that never was any good. It's either a turnover or they can't make a stop when it counts. Nothing in between. Anytime Austin couldn't stop the 2017 Bengals Offense when the playoff's were on the line, you know it's a bad scheme.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:22 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This guy is absolutely clueless and has no idea how to call a game defensively,this guy is truly incompetent..He chose to rush 4 all game,and did nothing creative to create any pressure then with the game on the line vs a struggling kicker you choose to send the house something you haven't done not once all game long is really mind boggling...

It seems pretty obvious that his defense cannot win without turnovers.  He is just not capable of scheming a way to stop an offense. 

It seems to me that one LB parked in the middle of the field, six to eight yards behind the LOS,  would go a long way toward closing the open gate in the middle of our defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My biggest problem with Austin is his lack of adjustments. The Steelers were stacking the line and playing 5 wide at receiver, looking to get quick passes to neutralize our pass rush. It worked and they were eating us up. Austin failed to make any kind of adjustment to counter this. 

It seemed every time  he tried to blitz, he got burned.  What counters should he had made?  dime zones?  he lacked personnel.  They were banged up bad in the secondary.  Hell, they put Phillips in at CB on one play.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote