Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin might go to the Raiders as DB coach
Austin is going Bengals. Picked us over Raiders.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's true. He's a Bengal. Certainly a downgrade. One of the few DC's that couldn't stop the Bengals this year. Matter of fact, his D didn't even come close. With the playoffs on the line and needing just one win, he let the 32nd ranked run defense run all over his D.

Fitting he's a Bengal. Probably the cheapest option given his defense the last 3 years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's true. He's a Bengal. Certainly a downgrade. One of the few DC's that couldn't stop the Bengals this year. Matter of fact, his D didn't even come close. With the playoffs on the line.

Valid point, but he has been close to getting a head coaching gig a few times.  I'm ok with the hire, I was never a Paul fan...glad we have a fresh outlook.  I like what he did with the Seahawks secondary from 2003-whenever.  Lots of experience with defensive backs.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
He hasn't been close to getting a head coaching gig. He's been the token Rooney rule candidate.

With the playoff's on the line and needing to stop the 32nd ranked Offense and 32nd ranked Run Offense in the league........ And we're hoping he can help us win a playoff game? Wake me in 2021.

Maybe Dalton can give us all the 4th quarter comebacks Stafford had to to pull off wins because the D couldn't stop anyone with the game on the line. Doubt it. But I'm sure we'll blame Dalton.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: He hasn't been close to getting a head coaching gig. He's been the token Rooney rule candidate.

With the playoff's on the line and needing to stop the 32nd ranked Offense and 32nd ranked Run Offense in the league........ And we're hoping he can help us win a playoff game? Wake me in 2021.

Maybe Dalton can give us all  the 4th quarter comebacks Stafford had to to pull off wins because the D couldn't stop anyone with the game on the line. Doubt it. But I'm sure we'll blame Dalton.

It's hard not to agree with you, but we also beat the Ravens just the same.  We played better than 32 the last few games.  Just my opinion, which isn't worth much...I like Austin.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Wake me in 2021.

Get this man some cheese....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Fair enough for me. I'm one of the few, maybe only one,  that wasn't a fan Jon Gruden.

Oh no. You'd be surprised how many people bash Gruden or say he's overrated.

(01-08-2018, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's true. He's a Bengal. Certainly a downgrade. One of the few DC's that couldn't stop the Bengals this year. Matter of fact, his D didn't even come close. With the playoffs on the line and needing just one win, he let the 32nd ranked run defense run all over his D.

Fitting he's a Bengal. Probably the cheapest option given his defense the last 3 years.

Check his results against the entire AFCN. They all put up major yards and/or points against him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:44 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Austin is going Bengals.  Picked us over Raiders.

Mike musta sprung for the Baconator. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Check his results against the entire AFCN. They all put up major yards and/or points against him.

Are we the only ones associated with this inept shit show that looks at pertinent numbers such as these?  FML.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote