Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test your utterly useless knowledge
What one hit wonder made the band, Shocking Blue famous? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 01:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: What one hit wonder made the band, Shocking Blue famous? 

Hint: I like the Bananarama version also.

I can't remember her name but she was stunning in the late 60s.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Mariska Veres. I knew that they were a Dutch band but I had to google her pic. Programming a radio station, I know a bit more than most about Rock, so I'll still leave the title of the hit for someone else.

[Image: Mariska-Veres.jpg]
[Image: 1568921807-20190919_213221-COLLAGE_1568921807.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I heard that song on the radio yesterday. And it is far more famous for its use in a long-term commercial campaign for a certain product

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: I heard that song on the radio yesterday.  And it is far more famous for its use in a long-term commercial campaign for a certain product

I don't remember seeing this thread when he made it, until now, and coincidentally i was watching "i want my 80s" on MTV last night and this song came on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hint: I like the Bananarama version also.

I can't remember her name but she was stunning in the late 60s.

I knew it was Bananarama when I was younger, but somehow as I've aged I managed to convince myself it was The Bangles instead. When I saw your post, it clicked in my head that I kept thinking it was the wrong band.
Reply/Quote