Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teven Jenkins
This man should be the pick in round 2 if he is there!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jlLUWjwDo
Reply/Quote
The boy looks good
Reply/Quote
I have seen him in the mid to late 1st round in mock drafts for the last month or two. If we can get him in the 2nd, that'd be an ideal scenario.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 04:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have seen him in the mid to late 1st round in mock drafts for the last month or two. If we can get him in the 2nd, that'd be an ideal scenario.

Dude has the strongest hands in the draft.
Reply/Quote
The thing about Teven Jenkins is that he comes from that Air Raid offense that asks him to set horizontally. He will need to rework his technique from the ground up like Andre Dillard from a few years ago.

...but starting him inside at guard would ease that transition and some believe that might be his best fit in the NFL anyway. (Lance Zeirlein has his player comp as Joe Thuney.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Big mean guy with good hand work. Looks like a great candidate to slide in to guard this season and go from there. Could be a potential target if they decide to trade back and get more picks.
Reply/Quote
My latest dream is Sewell in 1 Jenkins in 2 and Dickerson in 3. Start all 3 on the interior and just bully our way to wins
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 05:09 PM)Synric Wrote: The thing about Teven Jenkins is that he comes from that Air Raid offense that asks him to set horizontally. He will need to rework his technique from the ground up like Andre Dillard from a few years ago.

...but starting him inside at guard would ease that transition and some believe that might be his best fit in the NFL anyway. (Lance Zeirlein has his player comp as Joe Thuney.)

He has lower back pain too. Could be nothing could be major. I'm not sure just how far a "mean streak" can carry him. He's another member of this much-ballyhooed OT class who could be a total flop. If it's my money, I'd bet that Cosmi and Eichenberg are better pros over the long haul. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 05:09 PM)Synric Wrote: The thing about Teven Jenkins is that he comes from that Air Raid offense that asks him to set horizontally. He will need to rework his technique from the ground up like Andre Dillard from a few years ago.

This is where I am willing to admit I am a novice on Oline blocking technique.  In that video he looks amazing and excellent at pass blocking technique.  Can you elaborate a little?  

edit-

Draft network agrees with you-

The 6-foot-6, 320-pound fifth-year senior offensive tackle is a top-heavy blocker that has experienced success in the team's Air Raid offense. A quick setter that’s prone to take horizontal pass sets, he’s created a habit of establishing quick wins by striking his hands and controlling defenders.

They also suggest he might be a guard.

They also have him on one Big Board as the 13th best prospect.
Reply/Quote

To be fair, the majority of spread offenses lack vertical sets either wholly or partially.  Oregon has only a few a game and some games zero.  It’s what makes the College-NFL transition so tough on scouts and o-line coaches in general.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 10:19 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He has lower back pain too. Could be nothing could be major. 

Where are you picking that up? 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:33 AM)yang Wrote: This is where I am willing to admit I am a novice on Oline blocking technique.  In that video he looks amazing and excellent at pass blocking technique.  Can you elaborate a little?  

Jenkins is a quick setter he will take a lateral step the shoot out his hands. In a vertical set he will need to open his hips and if he is tight hopped it will cause choppy steps allowing people to beat him outside or balance issues.

(03-31-2021, 10:45 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: To be fair, the majority of spread offenses lack vertical sets either wholly or partially.  Oregon has only a few a game and some games zero.  It’s what makes the College-NFL transition so tough on scouts and o-line coaches in general.

Truth, though I'm less worried about Penei Sewells fluidity than I am Teven Jenkins. I like Jenkins especially at guard in a wide zone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:47 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Where are you picking that up? 

I saw he didn't finish the season because of it on the Draft network. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Jenkins is a quick setter he will take a lateral step the shoot out his hands. In a vertical set he will need to open his hips and if he is tight hopped it will cause choppy steps allowing people to beat him outside or balance issues.

Truth, though I'm less worried about Penei Sewells fluidity than I am Teven Jenkins. I like Jenkins especially at guard in a wide zone.

Agreed. Sewell is a future LT, no surprise there. Jenkins should be able to hang at RT. I’d start them both off at RG - and just about anyone else the Bengals choose.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:17 PM)yang Wrote: I saw he didn't finish the season because of it on the Draft network. 

Thanks. I saw injuries but no specifics. That changes things a bit.

Ced Ogbuehi has back injuries long before his ACL. Someone in the program told me he was never the same after that. It killed in the weight room also. I’ve always thought the Bengals were so focused on the ACL they missed something maybe more important.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:54 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Thanks. I saw injuries but no specifics. That changes things a bit.

Ced Ogbuehi has back injuries long before his ACL. Someone in the program told me he was never the same after that. It killed in the weight room also. I’ve always thought the Bengals were so focused on the ACL they missed something maybe more important.

I suspected injury issues are why Teven was not at the Senior Bowl
Reply/Quote
AGREED
Reply/Quote