Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans LB Zach Cunningham
It is being reported that the Texans are waiving LB Zach Cunningham. He is 26 years old and has started the majority of his career. He has some team disciplinary issues. He was inactivated last weekend for being tardy for a COVID test and earlier this season for being late to team meetings. So on one hand he could come in and immediately help (or at least against Denver) but his tardy issues are something that Zac won't want to add to the team. Of course, if those are a new thing it could be a reaction to the new coach or losing season. We're pretty far down on the waiver wire now so it is likely even if they wanted him they wouldn't get him. It is possible the Texans would take a conditional low draft pick for him

Oh and he restructured to Vets minimum so his remaining salary is only $220,000. Zac can get some insider information about him from Hargreaves

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sign him. Nobody probably wants to involved with that shite show. If he doesn’t shape up doesn’t cost much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember really liking Cunningham in the draft.
I don't remember there being mention of any red flags off the field.
I would hope it's not because of the bad record with HOU, as he should be used to that playing at Vanderbilt (went 3-9, 4-8, 6-7 when he was there).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
With the run heavy and TE based offenses that the Bengals have left on their remaining schedule, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
get him or any of the other guys out there like Kendricks or Smith....we need the help
I think this guy... if his head is straight could really make an impact, I was impressed with some games I saw..great range and can cover and hit too.
Reply/Quote
the good and the bad of Cunningham in one tweet...run coverage excellent...pass coverage awful

Reply/Quote
We need another run stopper with Wilson out. Bring him in, I don't care if he is bad in pass coverage. Need to shut down
the run and get Offenses in 2nd and 3rd and longs so we can pin our ears back. Cunningham would help Pratt out in this
area. I like Bachie or Bailey on passing downs if Zach has problems against the pass.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need another run stopper with Wilson out. Bring him in, I don't care if he is bad in pass coverage. Need to shut down
the run and get Offenses in 2nd and 3rd and longs so we can pin our ears back. Cunningham would help Pratt out in this
area. I like Bachie or Bailey on passing downs if Zach has problems against the pass.

Since the Titans were the winning claim for Cunningham, obviously Duke and Zac disagreed with the need to bring in another LB.  I can only hope that means we will see Logan Wilson sooner rather than later

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:26 PM)pally Wrote: Since the Titans were the winning claim for Cunningham, obviously Duke and Zac disagreed with the need to bring in another LB.  I can only hope that means we will see Logan Wilson sooner rather than later

Sure hope that is the case, thought Logan was maybe the best young LB in the league this season before that injury.
Reply/Quote
Zac is too smart a coach to bring that kind of dysfunction into his locker room. He just spent the better part of 3 years building a locker room of team players who hold themselves accountable.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:26 PM)pally Wrote: Since the Titans were the winning claim for Cunningham, obviously Duke and Zac disagreed with the need to bring in another LB.  I can only hope that means we will see Logan Wilson sooner rather than later

Cunningham now back in his college town. GO 'DORES!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote