Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texans game was a trap game - change my mind
(11-13-2023, 05:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll say this, I think the loss to the Texans will give the team extra motivation and will come out laser focused against the Ravens. 

That come from behind loss the Stains just pulled off on the Rat Turds will motivate Baltimore as well.

Highly doubt Harbaugh gets embarrassed like that twice in a row at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 08:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: A trap game? Fans sleeping in the Texans is on them not the team. Shroud had arrived and every team was long put on notice. Fans just wasn't paying attention. This was going to be a tough game, given his play this season. That's a SB team they just played.

Maybe the Texans are a SB team, but I still believe their time to shine is in the upcoming years when they add some better weapons to Strouds arsenal and not this year.

My evidence that it was a trap game is that the Texans played very good football and the Bengals played half assed and still could have won the game if Boyd catches that ball. They were tied with seconds left despite one team basically dominating. 

The Bengals were the better team but did not have their head or heart into the game until it was almost too late imho. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Trap game. Overlooking the current non-divisional game because the game next week is against a divisional rival. That is the basics of it. Bettors use it as an angle. And it happened, no matter what anyone says.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't that the game where the short-lived legend of Antwan Odom was forever dashed?

It was Sad

On an illegal chop block that wasn't called, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 07:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: My evidence that it was a trap game is that the Texans played very good football and the Bengals played half assed and still could have won the game if Boyd catches that ball. They were tied with seconds left despite one team basically dominating. 

The Bengals were the better team but did not have their head or heart into the game until it was almost too late imho. 

This is why I think it was a trap game (that the Bengals were overlooking the Texans). There was no urgency to the Bengals till late in the 4th when it looked like they were thinking, "Shit, we may actually lose this game" then found a way to claw back and win, er, tie the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, I know the Texans are a good team. When I say this was a trap game, I'm thinking more along the lines of the Bengals overlooking the Texans to the Ravens game on Thursday.

Prior to the game, there were some on here that considered this a trap game and were worried (turns out, rightfully so). There was some "discussion" about whether or not this was even a trap game, but it's clear to me that it was. The offense disappeared after the opening drive until the 4th QTR and the defense being largely ineffective all game are evidence of that. I'm not saying the coaches didn't gameplan for the Texans, but it seems to me that they didn't put much thought into the gameplan and didn't seemingly make any adjustments until the 4th QTR.

It looks to me like the Bengals went in with a we'll beat them because we're better so we spent more time looking to the Ravens game attitude which maybe would've worked if the Texans were actually a bad team.

I just hope beating the Ravens on Thursday was worth the loss yesterday because losing to Baltimore means we may not even make the playoffs this season.

The Texans are a good team and they are in the AFC where we desperately need to win the rest of our games.

I still cannot think of this game as a trap game because of these factors. Cannot overlook any team, let alone one with a player
that just had the best game ever by a rookie QB.
Reply/Quote