Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans missing Reader
Clyde Edwards Helaire feasted on Texans D all night. DJ Reader might become most valuable defensive player on Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 09:10 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Clyde Edwards Helaire feasted on Texans D all night. DJ Reader might become most valuable defensive player on Bengals.

While this is correct, there is also the fact that the Texans (stubbornly) kept two safeties deep all night to avoid giving up deep passes.  This is a perfect example of how having weapons with speed (Hill), versatility (Kelce), and just overall talent (Watkins) in the receiving corps can help open things up for the rushing attack.  

Think the Bengals can do that with Ross, Green, Boyd, Tate, Higgings, and  Uzo/Sample?  I sure hope so.  The bad news is that it is looking like Atkins might miss the opener.  This could become a shootout.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Texans only scored 7 points until less than 7.5 minutes were left in the game and it was essentially over with only garbage time left.

I'm sure they'd like Reader back, but I am more sure the Texans are really missing DeAndre Hopkins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Texans only scored 7 points until less than 7.5 minutes were left in the game and it was essentially over with only garbage time left.

I'm sure they'd like Reader back, but I am more sure the Texans are really missing DeAndre Hopkins.

Yeah, Watson looked like hot garbage last night. Maybe the Chiefs defense is just really good?
Reply/Quote
I think it was less the loss of Reader and more just Clyde Edwards-Helaire being a beast. That chiefs offense could be one of the best of all time.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:35 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think it was less the loss of Reader and more just Clyde Edwards-Helaire being a beast. That chiefs offense could be one of the best of all time.

Me personally it looked much like last years Bengals team. The running back was reaching the 2nd level at will. Then Texans LB's were trying to bring him down with 1 arm tackles. Once the 2nd quarter happened they moved Watt to inside at DT it didn't help
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:57 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Me personally it looked much like last years Bengals team. The running back was reaching the 2nd level at will. Then Texans LB's were trying to bring him down with 1 arm tackles. Once the 2nd quarter happened they moved Watt to inside at DT it didn't help

He was playing inside from the VERY first snap (Collinsworth even pointed this out).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:35 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think it was less the loss of Reader and more just Clyde Edwards-Helaire being a beast. That chiefs offense could be one of the best of all time.

No way.  There were HUGE holes and he was able to get outside (because someone was not setting the edge) almost every carry. When in short yardage, they stuffed him because they were all up on the line.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, Watson looked like hot garbage last night. Maybe the Chiefs defense is just really good?

That's possible, but for me it's hard to not believe that Hopkins is the missing ingredient when you realize that between '18 and '19, Watson completed 70% of the passes attempted for Hopkins.

70%!

QB throwing to Hopkins the last two years are 219-313 (70%) for 2,737 yards and 18 TDs.

Losing a Top-3 WR is huge.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Frank Clark and Chris Jones were giving the right side of the Texans offensive line fits all night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It was a little of everything, there were big holes in the running game for Edwards-Helaire cause the passing game is
so scary. The Defense of the Texans was on the field the entire game getting tired and yeah, the Texans are missing
D-Hop big time. But the Chiefs were also all over Watson so even if he was there it might not of mattered.
Reply/Quote
IDK the Texans did a pretty good job stopping the run i. Short yardage situations last night. I Agree with ShracerX Texans were gearing up to stop the pass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:14 PM)J24 Wrote: IDK the Texans did a pretty good job stopping the run i. Short yardage situations last night. I Agree with ShracerX Texans were gearing up to stop the pass.

They definitely did a good job on the goal line...
Reply/Quote