Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans vs. Colts
CJ Stroud is back with the Texans, so I expect them to win the first playoff game of the season. I say this b/c the winner goes on the loser watches from their couch next weekend.

I was in attendance at both games and Houston had half their team out and Burrow was playing and they still beat us. Texas is the better team and I except them to win.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 04:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: CJ Stroud is back with the Texans, so I expect them to win the first playoff game of the season.  I say this b/c the winner goes on the loser watches from their couch next weekend.

I was in attendance at both games and Houston had half their team out and Burrow was playing and they still beat us.  Texas is the better team and I except them to win.

Stroud plays so poised. Wasn't expecting that from him as a rookie. His processing speed is really impressive. Already feels like he can win any game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 04:45 PM)tms Wrote: Stroud plays so poised. Wasn't expecting that from him as a rookie. His processing speed is really impressive. Already feels like he can win any game. 

If they win today, and I believe they're the better team, I'll be cheering for him and the Texans in the postseason.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 05:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: If they win today, and I believe they're the better team, I'll be cheering for him and the Texans in the postseason.

Yeahhhhhh I wouldn't go quite that far lol. I'm still haunted by our playoff losses to the Texans, and even our rivalry with the Oilers back in the day. 

I'm pulling for the Lions myself. They've been doormats for so long that we can relate to what they're going through. And on the AFC side... maybe the Bills, actually. Kinda the same thing. Our paths have crossed so many times that it feels like there's a bond now. 

I guess I just like the perennial underdogs. It'll be fun, tho. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 05:21 PM)tms Wrote: Yeahhhhhh I wouldn't go quite that far lol. I'm still haunted by our playoff losses to the Texans, and even our rivalry with the Oilers back in the day. 

I'm pulling for the Lions myself. They've been doormats for so long that we can relate to what they're going through. And on the AFC side... maybe the Bills, actually. Kinda the same thing. Our paths have crossed so many times that it feels like there's a bond now. 

I guess I just like the perennial underdogs. It'll be fun, tho. 

I'm cheering for the Lions on the NFC side.  Plus, any former Ohio State Buckeyes now that Cincy is finished.  Except for Hayward and the Squeelers.  I just cannot ever bring myself to do that.

I was just a kid but I remember the rivalry with the Oilers with Earl Campbell.

Reply/Quote
I guess if I HAD to care about a team NOT NAMED the Bengals this post season, it would be Houston. I'm a huge Buckeye and Bearcat fan, and I wanted CJ and Desmond R in ATL to do well. CJ sure did! Desmond..not so much. I hope CJ wins a playoff game or two..hell, go win the SB so the Rats and the Frowns don't!
Reply/Quote