Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood
Because: "Screw those people there!" Tongue

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-christian-claims-she-diverted-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-god-had-given-us-authority-over-the-winds/

‘God had given us authority over the winds’

Quote:A Texas woman says her Christian faith gave her the power to redirect a tornado away from her home.

Sabrina Lowe, of Rowlett, said 10 family members were visiting her apartment Saturday when they heard the distinctive train noise of the approaching tornado, reported NPR.

“We actually went outside and started commanding the winds, because God had given us authority over the winds, the airways,” Lowe said. “And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We spoke to the storm and said, ‘Go to unpopulated places.’ It did exactly what we said to do, because God gave us the authority to do that.”

The EF4 tornado, with wind speeds up to 180 mph, was among nine confirmed tornadoes that swept through the Dallas area, killing 11 people and destroying more than 1,000 buildings.

The tornado killed eight people and destroyed about 600 buildings in nearby Garland as the storm barreled north from Sunnyvale to Rowlett, where Lowe lives.

No one was killed in Rowlett, but the tornado damaged or destroyed about 450 buildings.

Listen to the entire report posted online by NPR:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why didn't this moron just make the tornado just stop and dissipate if "god gave her control over the winds"?

Because if you believe that a god is giving you control over things you aren't thinking logically in the first place.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-30-2015, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because: "Screw those people there!"  Tongue

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-christian-claims-she-diverted-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-god-had-given-us-authority-over-the-winds/

Snowflake
[Image: snowflake-1.jpg]
Apparently god gave her authority to kill 11 other people. What about "thou shalt not kill"?
(12-30-2015, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because: "Screw those people there!" Tongue

[Image: polls_Monty_Python_Spot_The_Looney_FC_15...large.jpeg]
(12-30-2015, 01:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: Apparently god gave her authority to kill 11 other people. What about "thou shalt not kill"?

Misinterpretation

It's actually "Murder" and this has been know for a long time, it's never been changed since the 1600's.

I don't know why it's never been changed, it just hasn't been.

So, would what this woman did be considered kill or murder?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-30-2015, 02:10 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Misinterpretation

It's actually "Murder" and this has been know for a long time, it's never been changed since the 1600's.

I don't know why it's never been changed, it just hasn't been.

So, would what this woman did be considered kill or murder?

Neither. She didn't do jack ***** shit. She's just been blinded by a Christian industrial complex and a complete willful ignorance of science.  Sad. 

Surprised those pinko communists over at NPR aired this story of gods greatness. 
Don't let the tragedy in the next town take away from what is clearly a miracle.
(12-30-2015, 03:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Don't let the tragedy in the next town take away from what is clearly a miracle.

What is the basis for a miracle again?  I'm confused. Can I just pray for any event I have absolutely no control over and call it a miracle when it comes true?  If that is the case it must be very comforting, but ultimately completely useless.
(12-30-2015, 01:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why didn't this moron just make the tornado just stop and dissipate if "god gave her control over the winds"?  

Because if you believe that a god is giving you control over things you aren't thinking logically in the first place.

Ya big goof, there was more than one tornado that swept thru the area, and I'm sure she was directing it towards Irving, but it just ran out of air.
(12-30-2015, 02:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Neither. She didn't do jack ***** shit. She's just been blinded by a Christian industrial complex and a complete willful ignorance of science.  Sad. 

Surprised those pinko communists over at NPR aired this story of gods greatness. 

Can you prove that she didn't or are you assuming that she didn't pray for the tornado to change direction?

Just wondering.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-30-2015, 04:10 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Can you prove that she didn't or are you assuming that she didn't pray for the tornado to change direction?

Just wondering.

I can prove that thoughts and/or speech of humans have no bearing on atmospheric pressures and weather patterns.  It would require numbers and science which are difficult for some to accept. 
Well let's make fun of her and hope she loses her faith because.......
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-30-2015, 04:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I can prove that thoughts and/or speech of humans have no bearing on atmospheric pressures and weather patterns.  It would require numbers and science which are difficult for some to accept. 

It might prove it to you and to others it might prove that prayer works. Your numbers and science just might be all the proof people need to believe that God changed the direction of that tornado. 

You can't prove that her prayer didn't change the direction of the tornado. Was it a coincidence? I don't know, it could have been her prayer. Who am I to say it wasn't?

Just because you don't believe it happened doesn't mean that it didn't. 
(12-30-2015, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well let's make fun of her and hope she loses her faith because.......

Yes, we should absolutely make fun of a person making such a baseless, spurious and flat out insane claim.  If our well deserved ridicule causes her to "lose her faith" then she didn't have much to begin with. 
(12-30-2015, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, we should absolutely make fun of a person making such a baseless, spurious and flat out insane claim. 

Why "should" you?

The woman credits her faith for saving the lives of her family, as well as others. 

(12-30-2015, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why "should" you?

The woman credits her faith for saving the lives of her family, as well as others. 

Thanks to my faith the tornado didn't come within 1,500 miles of my neighborhood.
(12-30-2015, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well let's make fun of her and hope she loses her faith because.......

Well lets say she keeps from doing things safety wise because she has faith that all she has to do is pray.  So she doesn't have her family seek shelter in a storm...and they die.  Or she drives recklessly because her faith tells her she will be OK.  Or any other scenario where she avoids logic and relies on her faith and it results in the death or injury of other people or herself.

I don't hope she loses her faith.  I want her (and people like her) to realize that life is more than "faith" that bad things won't happen to them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-30-2015, 04:10 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Can you prove that she didn't or are you assuming that she didn't pray for the tornado to change direction?

Just wondering.

It is the paradox of man's view on faith:

Man says "Show me and I will believe you"

God says "Believe me and I will show you"

Some put their faith in man. Some put their faith in God. 

(12-30-2015, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well lets say she keeps from doing things safety wise because she has faith that all she has to do is pray.  So she doesn't have her family seek shelter in a storm...and they die.  Or she drives recklessly because her faith tells her she will be OK.  Or any other scenario where she avoids logic and relies on her faith and it results in the death or injury of other people or herself.

I don't hope she loses her faith.  I want her (and people like her) to realize that life is more than "faith" that bad things won't happen to them.

That's just all the sooner she gets to see Jesus.