Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood
(12-30-2015, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the paradox of man's view on faith:

Man says "Show me and I will believe you"

God says "Believe me and I will show you"

Some put their faith in man. Some put their faith in God. 

I only believe in me.  Yoko and me...but mostly me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-30-2015, 05:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thanks to my faith the tornado didn't come within 1,500 miles of my neighborhood.

You are blessed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-30-2015, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well lets say she keeps from doing things safety wise because she has faith that all she has to do is pray.  So she doesn't have her family seek shelter in a storm...and they die.  Or she drives recklessly because her faith tells her she will be OK.  Or any other scenario where she avoids logic and relies on her faith and it results in the death or injury of other people or herself.

I don't hope she loses her faith.  I want her (and people like her) to realize that life is more than "faith" that bad things won't happen to them.

Sure, we could make up scenarios or we could roll with the one that happened. 

(12-30-2015, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are blessed. 

Aeolus hath smiled upon me, once again.  Sorry Texas, Jesus is great but he isn't the god of wind. Maybe next time.
(12-30-2015, 04:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It might prove it to you and to others it might prove that prayer works. Your numbers and science just might be all the proof people need to believe that God changed the direction of that tornado. 

You can't prove that her prayer didn't change the direction of the tornado. Was it a coincidence? I don't know, it could have been her prayer. Who am I to say it wasn't?

Just because you don't believe it happened doesn't mean that it didn't. 

I think it would be very easy to prove prayer didnt do anything in almost every situation. What wont be easy is getting the people that actually believes it does something to accept the findings.

But if you believe praying harder will get you want you want... Then more power too you.
(12-30-2015, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why "should" you?

Because ridicule is the only appropriate response to inane claims.

Quote:The woman credits her faith for saving the lives of her family, as well as others. 

Alternatively, she credits her faith with killing other people.  One of my favorite quotes of all time is, "When someone says, 'There but for the grace of god go I', what they're really saying is, 'There by the grace of god goes someone else'.  There's something very sinister in this claim and it doesn't shock me at all that you don't get this.
(12-30-2015, 05:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, we could make up scenarios or we could roll with the one that happened. 

Sure.  Let's go with that.

She prayed and other people died..because she prayed for the tornado to go somewhere else.

So..yay?

Next time?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-30-2015, 04:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Just because you don't believe it happened doesn't mean that it didn't. 

I believe a band of miniature flying unicorns flew above the tornado and redirected it with their pretty little tails.  Just because you don't believe that, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

(12-30-2015, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: God says "Believe me and I will show you"

Would you like your pie in the sky, or would you like to eat it down here with both feet on the ground?
(12-30-2015, 06:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I believe a band of miniature flying unicorns flew above the tornado and redirected it with their pretty little tails.  Just because you don't believe that, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I said a prayer asking God to have you say something stupid to try and make a point after my last post and BAM!!! Here it is. LOL.

Then again, it could have been I knew you would say something stupid as well.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-30-2015, 06:59 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I said a prayer asking God to have you say something stupid to try and make a point after my last post and BAM!!! Here it is. LOL.

Then again, it could have been I knew you would say something stupid as well.

So he is a vengeful god?

Well, you probably shouldn't piss off my pony squad and say they are stupid.  Its written in this book I have.
(12-30-2015, 05:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively, she credits her faith with killing other people.  One of my favorite quotes of all time is, "When someone says, 'There but for the grace of god go I', what they're really saying is, 'There by the grace of god goes someone else'.  There's something very sinister in this claim and it doesn't shock me at all that you don't get this.

(12-30-2015, 05:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: She prayed and other people died..because she prayed for the tornado to go somewhere else.

So..yay?

Next time?
The article says she prayed for the winds to go to an unpopulated place. Given, it does make a Christian seem much more evil if you suggest she wanted to kill other people.

Sometimes our point is so feeble that we must make up things to try to prove it.

But the point is asserted that we should ridicule those with whom we do not agree with their beliefs. The "open-mindedness" of the liberal is boundless. 

(12-30-2015, 06:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Would you like your pie in the sky, or would you like to eat it down here with both feet on the ground?

My feet are firmly on the ground. 

In the spirit of what I would say when a certain poster makes a thread "Muslims does (insert something bad that people of all religions do)", why does it matter the fact that she's Christian?

"Crazy religious woman thinks her god gave her to power to control tornadoes".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-30-2015, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The article says she prayed for the winds to go to an unpopulated place. Given, it does make a Christian seem much more evil if you suggest she wanted to kill other people.

LOL, persecution much?  I don't think chrisitians are evil.  I think the bible has a lot of evil things in it and I think a lot of evil is done with only religion to justify it but I do not think being religious makes someone evil.  Can we just revisit the thought that the tornado diverted because this woman prayed?  Seriously?

Quote:Sometimes our point is so feeble that we must make up things to try to prove it.

Uhm, the tornado did kill people did it not, or am I making that up?

Quote:But the point is asserted that we should ridicule those with whom we do not agree with their beliefs. The "open-mindedness" of the liberal is boundless. 

Ridicule a different opinion? No.  Ridicule someone saying a tornado diverted because they prayed?  Sure.  Did the people who were killed by the tornado not pray hard enough?  Maybe the ate meat on a Friday recently or mixed different kinds of cloth on their body?  Who can say why god chose to kill those other people and spare this lovely pious woman?
(12-30-2015, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The article says she prayed for the winds to go to an unpopulated place. Given, it does make a Christian seem much more evil if you suggest she wanted to kill other people.

Sometimes our point is so feeble that we must make up things to try to prove it.

But the point is asserted that we should ridicule those with whom we do not agree with their beliefs. The "open-mindedness" of the liberal is boundless. 

Ah, ah... I didn't say she "wanted to kill people".

But if she did indeed pray for it to go to an unpopulated place her god failed her.  Mellow

I have no problem with her believing that...I have no problem with suggesting it makes her slightly crazy.  

To paraphrase: I may not believe in what you have to say but I will defend to my death the right of me to make fun of you for it.

But perhaps that is too nuanced for some.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ridicule a different opinion? No.  Ridicule someone saying a tornado diverted because they prayed?  Sure.  
Because coddling these dumb ***** and encouraging their psychosis is working so well.

(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who can say why god chose to kill those other people and spare this lovely pious woman?

She can say why.  Because she bought a newer bible and goes to a fancier church with a better sound system.  Why the **** do you think they have a better sound system?  Because they did the ***** acoustic upgrade dance bro.     
(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, ah... I didn't say she "wanted to kill people".
Neither of us did, but that's a classic bfine tactic.  He likes to deliberately misquote, or misrepresent, you.  It's a sure sign that he's getting his ass handed to him.  Oddly, all the posters like him do it; Lucie, luvnit, woodley, GA9, TommyC, dabo.  It's kind of sad really.
(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Uhm, the tornado did kill people did it not, or am I making that up?

(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: But if she did indeed pray for it to go to an unpopulated place her god failed her.  Mellow

According to the article the Tornado(s) in her vicinity cause no deaths.

You can decide what you made up or if she was failed.

(12-30-2015, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have no problem with her believing that...I have no problem with suggesting it makes her slightly crazy.  

You'll notice with people like her the extreme levels of narcissism.  God listens to them, they have a special relationship with god.  As I stated above the strong implication, no **** that, the outright claim, is that she is more deserving of god's grace than others.  Kayne is the biggest asshat on the planet, but even he's never claimed to have diverted a tornado with his mind.
(12-30-2015, 08:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll notice with people like her the extreme levels of narcissism.  God listens to them, they have a special relationship with god.  As I stated above the strong implication, no **** that, the outright claim, is that she is more deserving of god's grace than others.  Kayne is the biggest asshat on the planet, but even he's never claimed to have diverted a tornado with his mind.

She was speaking to the storm, on gods authority.  And on the xx day, god gave storms ears and a grasp on a dumbed down version of the english language.