Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Hold 'Em Books On iTunes?
(06-09-2016, 01:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

Seriously?!

Brad, SCS made a life out of readin' people's faces.  Knowin' what the cards were, by the way the held their eyes.
Reply/Quote
I can ask my buddy if you want me to. He's kind of good.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 09:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone know of the best Texas Hold 'Em books for tournament strategy on iTunes?

I'm alright and have finished top ten or top five in a lot of big tournaments, but I've also sucked in a lot, and I'm thinking that having better strategy and thought process could hopefully help me do a lot more.  

Looking for one by Daniel Negreanu just because I think he's an incredible player, but I'll listen to whatever the best is or any suggestions.

Hoping for something between an hour and two hours just because I could listen to it in segments, but my attention span doesn't last too long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

where you get all this money for BIG texas holden tourneys?
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 11:04 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Are you telling me you have no idea why my post is funny to everyone in this thread?  How is this even possible?  
I knew your post was part of the song, but just hadn't heard the part that he posted.

Given his recent posts in response to me, along with the fact that the other lyrics to the song that were posted were poker related, my skepticism is justified.
(06-09-2016, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad is making some progress.  By asking for forgiveness he is admitting that he made a mistake.  

Good job Brad.
You should try it, given the many times that I've proven you wrong.

You'd make progress  ThumbsUp

(06-09-2016, 01:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: where you get all this money for BIG texas holden tourneys?

Not big in the sense of big buy-ins, just in things like the Indiana State Poker Championships, the World Series of Poker events at Horseshoe in Cincinnati, and things like that.

Few hundred dollars usually.  The biggest was $1,500.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I knew your post was part of the song, but just hadn't heard the part that he posted.

Given his recent posts in response to me, along with the fact that the other lyrics to the song that were posted were poker related, my skepticism is justified.
You should try it, given the many times that I've proven you wrong.

You'd make progress  ThumbsUp

Not big in the sense of big buy-ins, just in things like the Indiana State Poker Championships, the World Series of Poker events at Horseshoe in Cincinnati, and things like that.

Few hundred dollars usually.  The biggest was $1,500.

gotcha,,, when you said big my mind went straight to 10,000$ buy ins... I guess I watch to much espn poker lol
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 05:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: gotcha,,, when you said big my mind went straight to 10,000$ buy ins... I guess I watch to much espn poker lol

I'm thinking of saving up and playing in a main event satellite for $1,500, but I'm not that kind of high roller yet to just toss out 10 grand because I'm bored lol

They were big buy-ins for Greater Cincinnati and Southern Indiana, but not in terms of the big WSOP events.

One event did have a decent-size buy-in and I played with one dude that was at the featured table in the Main Event (might have even been the final table).  I remember because one guy had made a bet (in the WSOP Main Event), and then this guy asked "what is it?"  The dealer tells him and he says "no, it's this," and shoves all-in like a total d bag, and even the guy who made the original bet starts ripping on him!
Reply/Quote
Only bet on things that you already know the outcome otherwise there is no such thing as a sure bet.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote