Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Judge James R. DePiazza Has Bizarre New Wedding Requirement
(07-17-2015, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps the issue is that you are confusing discrimination with censorship. He threatened to stop services to ANYONE who failed to follow his instructions during the ceremony. He also threatened to not provide services to ANYONE that did not pay on time or was late for their appointment.

He is merely protecting himself. Imagine if he did not make this disclaimer known prior to the ceremony and during a SSM ceremony a blushing groom asks "So Judgie, what do you think of the beautiful thing Rupert and I are doing?" Now imagine if he is performing a heterosexual wedding and the eager groom asks "So judge what do you think about all these queers getting married?" He is just ensuring that no one feels "emotionally raped" on their big day. If you want his optional services and your equal protection he will provide it; if you want someone to chit-chat with you about SSM during your ceremony; you may have to look elsewhere. 

Once again I have stated no one lied. However, this board does not own a monopoly on slack-jawed liberals that love to run their Johnson holsters about discrimination, when there is none.

Outside of that I have nothing more to offer you. We'll just let this conversation survive on its own merit.

So you agree that he threatened to discriminate against anyone who spoke about his views, you would just prefer we use the word "censorship" to avoid Fred being correct.

That's all you had to say.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-17-2015, 03:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're trying to suggest that he didn't threaten to refuse service to those who freely spoke about his views?

And this is all one big lie being reported on by numerous media outlets?

http://images.dallasobserver.com/media/pdf/dentoncountypdf.pdf

After thinking about it a bit, why should sexuality be spoken about in any public place, let alone in front of an honored official ?
Where I work, I can be fired and sued if I speak a word about sex or even innuendo.
So why is speaking about anything sexual in a court of law so special ?
For the record, I've turned into a prude and even despise ANY public displays of affection, by anyone.
I can tolerate hugs and quick little smooches, but people making out should be arrested.
So.... I see no reason why people cannot just shut their face in public and do whatever it is they need to do.
That goes for everyone.
Nobody needs to know exactly what you think it is that makes you special, in a public setting.
Just go take care of business.
That being said, everyone on a professional level need to maintain the same level of service for EVERYONE.
If they see two dudes together, they need to be just as kind and helpful.
Customers are customers.

[Image: f20a6ce6958413418d998ffa597f088d.jpg]
(07-17-2015, 05:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: After thinking about it a bit, why should sexuality be spoken about in any public place, let alone in front of an honored official ?
Where I work, I can be fired and sued if I speak a word about sex or even innuendo.
For the record, I've turned into a prude and even despise ANY public displays of affection, by anyone.
I can tolerate hugs and quick little smooches, but people making out should be arrested.
So.... I see no reason why people cannot just shut their face in public and do whatever it is they need to do.
That goes for everyone.
Nobody needs to know exactly what you think it is that makes you special, in a public setting.
That being said, everyone on a professional level need to maintain the same level of service for EVERYONE.
Customers are customers.

[Image: f20a6ce6958413418d998ffa597f088d.jpg]

Its not even sexuality...it is (was) ANYTHING about SSM.  So if two women were getting married and one said to the other "Isn't it great we can finally legally do this!" the judge would say they broke the contract and end the ceremony.

Kinda idiotic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-17-2015, 05:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Its not even sexuality...it is (was) ANYTHING about SSM.  So if two women were getting married and one said to the other "Isn't it great we can finally legally do this!" the judge would say they broke the contract and end the ceremony.

Kinda idiotic.

Ok.
I'll admit, I was too lazy to go read the entire thing.
I still stand by my crotchety old man rant though.
Get off of my lawn !
 Rant
(07-17-2015, 05:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: After thinking about it a bit, why should sexuality be spoken about in any public place, let alone in front of an honored official ?
That goes for everyone.
Customers are customers.

It was the fact that they couldn't discuss his views on the marriage he was performing. In this case the "sex" in "same sex" is referring to the biological determination between males and females, not the act.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-17-2015, 05:21 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ok.
I'll admit, I was too lazy to go read the entire thing.
I still stand by my crotchety old man rant though.
Get off of my lawn !
 Rant

Eh, I've found that a lot of the folks who think SSM is "icky" are really talking about sex...not marriage.  So I like to point it out when I can.

Now can I have my football back mister?  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-17-2015, 05:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, I've found that a lot of the folks who think SSM is "icky" are really talking about sex...not marriage.  So I like to point it out when I can.

Now can I have my football back mister?  Smirk

*wrenches football away from dust-farting dog*

Ok kid.....just no smoochin' your momma around here, got it ?
:snark: