Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas governor is demanding people report transchildren
(02-25-2022, 02:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: The mental gymnastics being done in this thread as an effort to generate outrage is borderline ridiculous.  

It's simple....nobody gives a flying f*ck what sexual orientation you want to be as an adult.  When you are making sexual orientation decisions on behalf of a child...which includes transgender therapy/procedures, then some intervention is needed.

So we do need to co parent with the government?

It seems like wishful thinking to assume that we can just put an 18+ age limit on stuff like this as if it were a pack of lucky strikes, or something.  Though, I guess I do know people who just shut up about their sexuality until they were out of the house, so maybe that's just what we do with this one, but we mandate it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So many fun posts to respond to so I won't quote them all. And welcome to the newcomers to this part of the forum who think they know me. There are some folks here who will gladly tell you ALL about me and they think their always right too! LOL

The governor of Texas wants/demands people report their fellow citizens so they can be investigated for child abuse.

[Image: FMStLNfXMAE-rDS?format=jpg&name=large]

Small government and all that.  Cool

And that people still think gay people WANT that kind of attention or abuse is laughable.

That doesn't make you homophobic.  That makes you someone who doesn't understand how humans work.

Ask a few gay people when they knew they were gay.  Talk to actual people.

Then ask yourself when you decided you were NOT going to be gay.  When you started liking the opposite sex.  And did your parents push you into that?  

Then ask yourself if you want your neighbor reporting you for allowing your girl to dress like a boy.  Or for going to a doctor with your teen to ask about medical resources for them.

If you're good with all of that then good on you.

I'm not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 02:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: So there are still people thinking that people choose to gay and can be influenced to be gay? Or transgender?

That's amazing.

Well I mean..... grown ass adults read WebMD every day and convince themselves they have cancer.
Reply/Quote
Ben Carson at CPAC gets into the nitty gritty of the indoctrination of our children!

It was the worms all along! 

Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:23 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: The amount of passive aggressive, proselytizing comments that you've made in this thread is transparent. You really can't hear a difference in opinion without twisting the truth of others can you? To me, that is amazing.

Don't post touchy subjects if you're not prepared for the aftermath. Not everyone shares the same opinion(s) as you. Insinuating that people are homophobic, and/or anything else without proof is a childish thing to do. 

Welcome to P&R!

(02-25-2022, 06:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: So many fun posts to respond to so I won't quote them all.

I.E. I have no response to those posts.

Quote:And welcome to the newcomers to this part of the forum who think they know me.  There are some folks here who will gladly tell you ALL about me and they think their always right too!  LOL

We can only know you from the content of your posts. So...
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:23 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: The amount of passive aggressive, proselytizing comments that you've made in this thread is transparent. You really can't hear a difference in opinion without twisting the truth of others can you? To me, that is amazing.

Don't post touchy subjects if you're not prepared for the aftermath. Not everyone shares the same opinion(s) as you. Insinuating that people are homophobic, and/or anything else without proof is a childish thing to do. 

You'll learn that there are two people that you essentially have to ignore in this forum......GMDino on the liberal side and Brad on the conservative side.  But you probably already know that if you've looked through several threads.  If you really want to engage in topics, I wouldn't respond to them if I were you.

Also I find it amusing (not in a negative way toward you), that you find manipulation of words and thoughts in a political forum "amazing" because that seems like a common tactic for a select few (not most, but certainly a select few).

Anyway, welcome to P&R.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

They've already been before the judge and gotten their TRO.

Side note:  Texas is in trouble now......the ACLU is involved.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: You'll learn that there are two people that you essentially have to ignore in this forum......GMDino on the liberal side and Brad on the conservative side.  But you probably already know that if you've looked through several threads.  If you really want to engage in topics, I wouldn't respond to them if I were you.

Also I find it amusing (not in a negative way toward you), that you find manipulation of words and thoughts in a political forum "amazing" because that seems like a common tactic for a select few (not most, but certainly a select few).

Anyway, welcome to P&R.

I appreciate the advice. Noted.

I guess it amazes me simply because we're not having verbal conversations with each other here. Everyone can see what was said. I think it's a waste of time even arguing with people who put words in your mouth when everything is wrote down for the world to see. I will be taking your advice lol. 

Thanks for the welcome. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:42 AM)Stewy Wrote: They've already been before the judge and gotten their TRO.

Side note:  Texas is in trouble now......the ACLU is involved.

I did some reading on this and setting my personal opinions aside, it appears the goal here is to ensure parents are not forcing kids through these transgender processes.  Paxton seems to imply there needs to be consent for any therapy.  That seems to make sense to me.  Now whether or not that was always the angle on his published legal opinion is open to interpretation. I have no desire to read it so I can't say.

Side Note: Texas is just fine.  Always will be :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 11:02 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I appreciate the advice. Noted.

I guess it amazes me simply because we're not having verbal conversations with each other here. Everyone can see what was said. I think it's a waste of time even arguing with people who put words in your mouth when everything is wrote down for the world to see. I will be taking your advice lol. 

Thanks for the welcome. 

This is literally the second time I've responded to you.  The first time was to ask if your stance that "Minors shouldn't even be worried about this sort of stuff" extended to all sexuality/attraction/self-discovery, and then to say they were ALWAYS transgendered people whether you ever heard the word or not.

Without the help of hearing tone your words are taken at face value.  Same as mine.

And trust me that in my time here there are plenty of people who actually, honest to god think they know me better than I know myself.  Smirk

I'm ok with that.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 10:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: You'll learn that there are two people that you essentially have to ignore in this forum......GMDino on the liberal side and Brad on the conservative side.

I have many differences with Dino, but I do not think he should be ignored and I certainly do not hold him as the same troll level as Brad.
When we shut people out, we cease to expand our understanding of the world.
I'm not suggesting that anyone has to accept someone's position, I'm merely asking folks to take a moment to understand how they may have arrived at it.
We need more people strong enough to do so, so they might provide example to the self-righteous chest-pounders demanding lockstep from others.

Full disclosure... I have many more things in common with Dino than differences and consider him a friend (even outside of this forum).

Regardless, welcome to those of you who have just popped into P&R !
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Texas has over 300k teachers and they choose this rando to try and make their point?  

What's the goal in showing this tweet?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/25/1088743717/texas-pride-week-paxton-lgbtq-rights

Quote:Texas attorney general says Austin school Pride Week celebration breaks state law
March 25, 202210:54 AM ET
DEEPA SHIVARAM
Twitter

[Image: gettyimages-1236278878-847a3bc3f75262975...00-c50.jpg]

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton says a weeklong celebration of Pride events in Austin schools this week violates state law. Here, he speaks outside the U.S. Supreme Court on Nov. 1.
Drew Angerer/Getty Images

An annual Pride Week celebration in Austin schools is breaking state law, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said this week, marking the state's latest move to confront LGBTQ rights. Austin's school district said the events will nevertheless continue.

Every year, the Austin Independent School District plans a series of events to celebrate LGBTQIA+ students, highlighting "the district's commitment to creating a safe, supportive and inclusive environment."
[Image: bc6a1640_websize_sq-9693ec230296066ce0a3...00-c85.jpg]
LAW
Texas governor calls gender affirming care 'child abuse.' This family fights back

The events this year started Monday and culminate Saturday with a "PRIDE OUT!" party. Each day of the week is assigned a theme, including knowing your rights, creative expression and Pride history. Pride and ally stickers and flags are handed out as well. The events line up with National LGBTQ Health Awareness Week.

But on Tuesday, Paxton sent a letter to Stephanie Elizalde, the superintendent of the Austin Independent School District.

"The Texas Legislature has made it clear that when it comes to sex education, parents—not school districts—are in charge," he wrote.

[Image: trans-texas-1_sq-f6c1edd8aad92ce9f1e2dd9...00-c85.jpg]
EFFORTS TO RESTRICT RIGHTS FOR LGBTQ YOUTH
In Texas, an unrelenting assault on trans rights is taking a mental toll

Paxton said the school district must obtain parental permission before any student is subject to instruction regarding human sexuality.

"By hosting 'Pride Week,' your district has, at best, undertaken a week-long instructional effort in human sexuality without parental consent. Or, worse, your district is cynically pushing a week-long indoctrination of your students that not only fails to obtain parental consent, but subtly cuts parents out of the loop," Paxton said.
 "Either way, you are breaking state law."

Paxton said that parents can file complaints against the school district with the school board and the Texas Education Agency.
[Image: gettyimages-1235388963_sq-a57006e8bfae9a...00-c85.jpg]
SHORT WAVE
Parents Of Transgender Youth Fear Texas' Anti-Trans Orders

On Thursday, Elizalde released a statement to the school community, noting that Pride month takes place in June, when schools are on summer break.

"Here at Austin ISD, we celebrate Pride during every school year so our LGBTQIA+ students know how much they are valued and loved. This year, it's important to me personally that they know they are respected and safe, too, and lest anyone have any doubt, that absolutely goes for our trans kids," she said. "We are ALL Austin ISD. We embrace diversity."

The school district says the Pride events will continue as scheduled through the rest of the week.

In recent months, the Texas legislature, Paxton and Gov. Greg Abbott have doubled down on restricting LGBTQ rights and have particularly targeted trans youth.
Reply/Quote