Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Texas in process of fixing Biden immigration fiasco
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-immigration-bill-allowing-local-police-arrest-migrants-clears-state-house

It appears Texas is on the verge of passing legislation to arrest and send migrants back to Mexico immediately. Someone has to do something to stop the flow of allowing illegal immigrants into the USA/Texas. Will Biden bring a lawsuit or allow Texas law to be implemented once it is approved?

In the past, Biden has worked against border states to stop illegal immigration. Let's hope Biden lets states attempt to stop people from crossing the border and then being released nto the US until their hearing (which will be years away).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-immigration-bill-allowing-local-police-arrest-migrants-clears-state-house

It appears Texas is on the verge of passing legislation to arrest and send migrants back to Mexico immediately. Someone has to do something to stop the flow of allowing illegal immigrants into the USA/Texas. Will Biden bring a lawsuit or allow Texas law to be implemented once it is approved?

In the past, Biden has worked against border states to stop illegal immigration. Let's hope Biden lets states attempt to stop people from crossing the border and then being released nto the US until their hearing (which will be years away).

Texas is the only state that borders Mexico that Biden didn't win, so this should at least stop everyone from bitching about the border quite so much.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Not addressing the point of the post and only attacking the source?  I thought you disapproved of that?
Reply/Quote
Texas will never do this.

Faux News if stretching truth o outright lying again.

Why do I say this? I live in texas. Houston specifically. Have been here for nearly 30 years. Due ot believing lies and, the hispanic community (1/3 of Houston's population) started voting more Repuc in the last two elections. However, treatment of immigrant (their family members) has swung that hard away from Repubs and Trump. Because of the tight familial connections within the hispanic community in Texas, this kind of abuse, will cause the Hispanic community to take a hard left turn.

I cannot begin to describe to you how disgusted the Hispanic community is with the Texas leaders and their treatment of immigrants. If they do this, which I doubt, you'll see many more blue seats coming out of Texas in 2024.

And I really hope Abbot isn't anyone's hero His is a fuking disgrace.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Texas is the only state that borders Mexico that Biden didn't win, so this should at least stop everyone from bitching about the border quite so much.

Why should that change anything?
1. Let's see if the Texas legislation is passed, then if Biden sues Texas to stop it.
2. I could be wrong but I believe more illegal immigrants have enter Texas than in California and Arizona combined.

You would think the POTUS would do everything in their power and not put the job on states to push illegals back to Mexico, but he is asking for money, not for border enforcement, but to add more judges to hear cases while allowing them into the US. They rareley show back up for asylum hearings so in essence enter the US and stay here in sanctuary cities and states.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just read what the Texas House was trying to do (not on Fox). They are trying to go around ICE and allows locals law to deport, which of course is illegal and against federal law. As Texas gets sued and loses caes every 2-3 months for enacting illegal laws in regard to migrants, i expect that this will be shot down quickly by the DOJ for violations of federal law.

Of course all the lawsuits texas continually loses for its illegal actions never gets reported by Faux News, but what else is new.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: Texas will never do this.

Faux News if stretching truth o outright lying again.

Why do I say this?  I live in texas.  Houston specifically.  Have been here for nearly 30 years.  Due ot believing lies and, the hispanic community (1/3 of Houston's population) started voting more Repuc in the last two elections.  However, treatment of immigrant (their family members) has swung that hard away from Repubs and Trump.  Because of the tight familial connections within the hispanic community in Texas, this kind of abuse, will cause the Hispanic community to take a hard left turn.

I cannot begin to describe to you how disgusted the Hispanic community is with the Texas leaders and their treatment of immigrants. If they do this, which I doubt, you'll see many more blue seats coming out of Texas in 2024.

And I really hope Abbot isn't anyone's hero  His is a fuking disgrace.

It is headed to Texas Senate, if approved to Abbott's desk. It amazes me you think politicians shoud do things for votes versus doing things in this case for the state of Texas and for the US.

BTW..you are in the minority, Texans love Abbott and his border policies. 

The attack on Fox? Why? All they reported was facts. You and your fellow liberals have a lot of problems with facts. I guess we could read the liberal NYT or watch liberal CNN who both had to retract stories that still may cause a World War. And your issue is Fox reporting the facts? Did you even read the article?

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just read what the Texas House was trying to do (not on Fox).  They are trying to go around ICE and allows locals law to deport, which of course is illegal and against federal law.  As Texas gets sued and loses caes every 2-3 months for enacting illegal laws in regard to migrants, i expect that this will be shot down quickly by the DOJ for violations of federal law.

Of course all the lawsuits texas continually loses for its illegal actions never gets reported by Faux News, but what else is new.

Wrong again. Fox reports them all the time and why I mentioned I will be curious to see if Biden again forces Texas to bear the brunt of the illegal immigrant crisis in the US.

As for Fox reporting, you agree after reading it from another source it was 100% factual article. Fox is right again.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just read what the Texas House was trying to do (not on Fox).  They are trying to go around ICE and allows locals law to deport, which of course is illegal and against federal law.  As Texas gets sued and loses caes every 2-3 months for enacting illegal laws in regard to migrants, i expect that this will be shot down quickly by the DOJ for violations of federal law.

As much as I decry the refusal to actually enforce the law, as Stewy points out here, going outside the law to supposedly do so is a horrible work around.  Circumventing the law to enforce the law does not make you a law and order administration.  Sue the shit out of those who aren't enforcing the law, use the system.  But going outside it to score cheap political points is garbage, regardless of who's doing it or why.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 11:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As much as I decry the refusal to actually enforce the law, as Stewy points out here, going outside the law to supposedly do so is a horrible work around.  Circumventing the law to enforce the law does not make you a law and order administration.  Sue the shit out of those who aren't enforcing the law, use the system.  But going outside it to score cheap political points is garbage, regardless of who's doing it or why.

Agreed. But I do want to say that one of the big issues we see here is the underfunding of border protection efforts. We need resources to hire more people, including those that process the claims of those requesting asylum. Those shortages are the biggest hurdle we face when it comes to the direct border issues. Indirectly, well, that has a lot to do with the issues in the countries from where these immigrants come.

Personally, I am a firm believer that people need to look to the House of Representatives for this. They don't want to fix the problem because much like many of the hot topics that have come before it is more useful as a political talking point than it is to actual resolve the issue.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed. But I do want to say that one of the big issues we see here is the underfunding of border protection efforts. We need resources to hire more people, including those that process the claims of those requesting asylum. Those shortages are the biggest hurdle we face when it comes to the direct border issues. Indirectly, well, that has a lot to do with the issues in the countries from where these immigrants come.

Personally, I am a firm believer that people need to look to the House of Representatives for this. They don't want to fix the problem because much like many of the hot topics that have come before it is more useful as a political talking point than it is to actual resolve the issue.

I have said it before and will keep saying it. The only way to fix the illegal immigration problem is to fix our broken legal immigration issue. And you are absolutely right that the reason it hasn’t been addressed is because too many politicians want to use the problem to batter the other side.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 08:29 AM)pally Wrote: I have said it before and will keep saying it.  The only way to fix the illegal immigration problem is to fix our broken legal immigration issue.  And you are absolutely right that the reason it hasn’t been addressed is because too many politicians want to use the problem to batter the other side.

Well to be fair, that could and usually is ANY issue these days.  Everything is getting weaponized.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 08:29 AM)pally Wrote: I have said it before and will keep saying it.  The only way to fix the illegal immigration problem is to fix our broken legal immigration issue.  And you are absolutely right that the reason it hasn’t been addressed is because too many politicians want to use the problem to batter the other side.

This is usually met with the "just throwing money at it won't work" argument because the gop doesn't understand you also have to WORK at making it work. It's not just money its planning preparation and improving systems. 

They don't get elected to do the job...just to make it look like government doesn't work.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
It would also go a long way if Biden's administration would enforce border laws on the books and stop deterring states from doing feds job, stopping illegal immigrants to ever step foot into the US.

Huge victory for Texas, they sued the government for cutting wire to allow illegal immigrants into Eagle's Pass, Tx. Texas won the case. It would be nice if Democrats would help and deter illegal immigration versus aiding and abetting it.

Reply/Quote