Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tez, biggest Villian in the NFL this year?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-villains-entering-2016-nfl-season/ar-BBvt79N#page=10

Found this link this afternoon portraying Burfict as the biggest villain in the NFL in 2016, usurping the cheater in New England, even!

Thought it was worth sharing since he is probably my favorite Bengal currently on the roster, certainly on defense anyway!

It cites his injury-causing hits to Rapelesburger and multiple injuries caused to their pothead running back as reasons for his villain status.  And no Stoolers on this list, not even rapists.  Figured this would be good fodder for conversation.  Though I must say, I LOVE having the #1 villain in the NFL on our defense!  Especially in our division, though it does suck that every ref's eyes will be on him an awful lot and I anticipate some flags getting thrown at him that wouldn't be penalties for ANYONE else in the NFL...

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
amendment to the comment about there being no Stoolers, forgot they did have James Harrison on there...  forgot he still played in the NFL...  my bad on that one
Reply/Quote
I love it! Embrace the hate!

Reply/Quote
It's hilarious and also aggravating that this guy is the most hated player in the league.

You have an abundance of players that are drinking and driving, players that are beating women, players that are using substances (both for recreation and for cheating purposes). You have guys that have been put in prison for murder and rape, yet here is Burfict.

You have guys that have allegedly deflated balls to gain an advantage and coaches that run on the field and trip people during kickoffs. You have hissy fits between players like Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan, or the most recent OBJ and Norman, yet here is Burfict.

The worst thing this guy has done is have poor grades in school and have a bad showing at the combine. The rest of his problems come on the field. He plays hard and gets personal fouls here and there, yet he is the most hated person in the league by fans, and it makes no sense to me.

(I will say, twisting baby boy Cam's ankle early in their careers didn't give him a good image... He seems to find a way to pick on the fan favorite lol)

It seems so much easier to hate a Suggs (beating wife/child) or Vick (dog fighting ring) or Ben (accused rapist) or Hardy or Rice or blah blah blah the list goes on. It's popular to hate Vontaze though, he is just such a monster! Whatever
Reply/Quote
Also, author of this article must be a Steeler homer... who really thinks Burfict deserves a longer suspension than Brady? Cmon man.

"That’s one game shorter than Tom Brady’s suspension even though Burfict deserves a longer suspension than Brady."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:05 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-villains-entering-2016-nfl-season/ar-BBvt79N#page=10

Found this link this afternoon portraying Burfict as the biggest villain in the NFL in 2016, usurping the cheater in New England, even!

Thought it was worth sharing since he is probably my favorite Bengal currently on the roster, certainly on defense anyway!

It cites his injury-causing hits to Rapelesburger and multiple injuries caused to their pothead running back as reasons for his villain status.  And no Stoolers on this list, not even rapists.  Figured this would be good fodder for conversation.  Though I must say, I LOVE having the #1 villain in the NFL on our defense!  Especially in our division, though it does suck that every ref's eyes will be on him an awful lot and I anticipate some flags getting thrown at him that wouldn't be penalties for ANYONE else in the NFL...

Thoughts?

In my best 'Honey Badger video' impression - "Vontaze don't give a shit!" 

[Image: 0153051001450031220_filepicker.jpg]

In all seriousness though, Tez knows he will be watched closely (targeted in his words)...so while I love his physical style and aggressive nature, he has to be smart about it this year. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Also, author of this article must be a Steeler homer... who really thinks Burfict deserves a longer suspension than Brady? Cmon man.

"That’s one game shorter than Tom Brady’s suspension even though Burfict deserves a longer suspension than Brady."

Yeah and I like how he says a real punishment would be subjecting him to the Pittsburgh crowd. Why does he think Vontaze would care about those slack-jawed hillbillies?

Reply/Quote
Personally, I love when people hate the Bengals. Better than being laughed at or ignored.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Blurb on a Vikings site earlier today throwing stones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:05 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-villains-entering-2016-nfl-season/ar-BBvt79N#page=10

Thoughts?
Accuracy, be damned, I guess.  Vontaze only hurt Bell once.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 05:20 AM)McC Wrote: Accuracy, be damned, I guess.  Vontaze only hurt Bell once.

Wasn't it also Burfict that hurt bell in 2014 also? or 2013?  I thought he knocked him out of the game/season twice the last few years?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 09:57 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: Wasn't it also Burfict that hurt bell in 2014 also? or 2013?  I thought he knocked him out of the game/season twice the last few years?

Nah Reggie hit Bell low in 2014 because they flagged him every time he would hit high. Tomlin list his shit over that.

Burfict didn't hurt Bell. He tackled him. Bell got hurt. Burfict didn't hurt Ben. He sacked him. Ben got hurt. I guess Burfict hurt AB.... So that makes him the dirtiest, most reptilian villain ever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 10:48 AM)jason Wrote: Nah Reggie hit Bell low in 2014 because they flagged him every time he would hit high. Tomlin list his shit over that.

Burfict didn't hurt Bell. He tackled him. Bell got hurt. Burfict didn't hurt Ben. He sacked him. Ben got hurt. I guess Burfict hurt AB.... So that makes him the dirtiest, most reptilian villain ever.

That's right!  It was Reggie the year before.    I wasn't implying that Burfict hurt Bell or Ben purposely (though if he ever did admit to trying to hurt them on purpose, I'd just love him even more for it!)   But it was Burfict making the play that resulted in their injuries, guess I should have worded that differently.  But thanks for reminding me it was Reggie who jacked Bell up the year before.  ThumbsUp   I'd love to see Burfict knock both guys out of their second game again this year.  People in Shittsburg would lose their minds!  It'd be awesome!  (not that I would ever root for other human beings getting hurt - assuming you classify Bell or Rapist as human beings Shocked )
Reply/Quote
It just shows how biased the media is. James Harrison was the same type of player in his prime. Known for his vicious/dirty hits and the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines he received. The league got on him about head hunting, so he started targeting knees.

I do remember some talk of him being a dirty player, but he was never flat-out demonized the way Burfict is. Some of the things Simms (and especially) Nantz said during the wild card game was ridiculous. Like when Nantz said Burfict used a "pile drive move" on Ben, while calling the Shazier hit on Gio "unfortunate". I think it just boils down to which team he suits up for and how big the fan base is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 10:51 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: That's right!  It was Reggie the year before.    I wasn't implying that Burfict hurt Bell or Ben purposely (though if he ever did admit to trying to hurt them on purpose, I'd just love him even more for it!)   But it was Burfict making the play that resulted in their injuries, guess I should have worded that differently.  But thanks for reminding me it was Reggie who jacked Bell up the year before.  ThumbsUp   I'd love to see Burfict knock both guys out of their second game again this year.  People in Shittsburg would lose their minds!  It'd be awesome!  (not that I would ever root for other human beings getting hurt - assuming you classify Bell or Rapist as human beings Shocked )

I know you weren't. The media seems to be implying that he has injured those guys, when in fact he was playing football, and they got injured.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 11:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It just shows how biased the media is. James Harrison was the same type of player in his prime. Known for his vicious/dirty hits and the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines he received. The league got on him about head hunting, so he started targeting knees.

I do remember some talk of him being a dirty player, but he was never flat-out demonized the way Burfict is. Some of the things Simms (and especially) Nantz said during the wild card game was ridiculous. Like when Nantz said Burfict used a "pile drive move" on Ben, while calling the Shazier hit on Gio "unfortunate". I think it just boils down to which team he suits up for and how big the fan base is.
These are both unfortunate (to steal Nantz's descriptive wording) realities in the NFL.  Having such a glaring double standard is frustrating.  Your illustration from that game last year made me equally sick to have to sit and listen to.  And I lost some respect for Nantz (never had much for Simms to begin with, so not much lost on that end) for commenting on the involved players the way he did.
Reply/Quote