Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Confident
The season started 8-0 and I was confident that the Bengals were the team to beat, that they were going to the Super Bowl and we fans would finally be able to celebrate a great season.

Then the Houston game happened and that game shook my confidence that this team could win a Super Bowl, but that soon went away and while that Primetime/Big Game ineptness lingered, the very next week in Primetime against the Cardinals just reinforced the feeling a little bit more.

Then Dalton gets hurt and the Bengals lose to the Steelers knowing that if the Bengals win, they most likely knock the Steelers out of the playoffs, win the AFC North and have the inside track on at least the number two seed.

Ok, I'm thinking the team will rally around AJ McCarron and handle the 49er's easily and it was sort of like that. They get the win and things are lining up again for the Bengals to secure at least a number two seed and that first round bye that is desperately needed.

Then everything falls into place for the Bengals, the Patriots lose to the Jets, Pittsburgh loses to the Ravens and all the Bengals have to do is go out and beat the Broncos on Monday Night to get that first round bye and much needed rest before their first playoff game. The Bengals come out and light it up in the first half but completely disappear in the second and they end up losing the game.

Now, today we are hoping and praying for a miracle and that the Chargers beat the Broncos giving the Bengals the number two seed, but it didn't happen.

At the end of the day, the Bengals after starting 8-0 go 4-4, end up being the third seed and will play the Steelers next week in the Wildcard round.

If the Bengals finally get that ever elusive first playoff win against the Steelers, I think they have a chance to at least get to the AFC Championship game, but I'm not very confident that the Bengals will beat the Steelers next week.

Crazy to think, just getting any one of those loses turned into a win and the Bengals are the number one seed, get that badly needed bye and the road to the Super Bowl goes through Cincinnati.

Time to win four in a row Bengals, let's get it done
WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:32 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The season started 8-0 and I was confident that the Bengals were the team to beat, that they were going to the Super Bowl and we fans would finally be able to celebrate a great season.

Then the Houston game happened and that game shook my confidence that this team could win a Super Bowl, but that soon went away and while that Primetime/Big Game ineptness lingered, the very next week in Primetime against the Cardinals just reinforced the feeling a little bit more.

Then Dalton gets hurt and the Bengals lose to the Steelers knowing that if the Bengals win, they most likely knock the Steelers out of the playoffs, win the AFC North and have the inside track on at least the number two seed.

Ok, I'm thinking the team will rally around AJ McCarron and handle the 49er's easily and it was sort of like that. They get the win and things are lining up again for the Bengals to secure at least a number two seed and that first round bye that is desperately needed.

Then everything falls into place for the Bengals, the Patriots lose to the Jets, Pittsburgh loses to the Ravens and all the Bengals have to do is go out and beat the Broncos on Monday Night to get that first round bye and much needed rest before their first playoff game. The Bengals come out and light it up in the first half but completely disappear in the second and they end up losing the game.

Now, today we are hoping and praying for a miracle and that the Chargers beat the Broncos giving the Bengals the number two seed, but it didn't happen.

At the end of the day, the Bengals after starting 8-0 go 4-4, end up being the third seed and will play the Steelers next week in the Wildcard round.

If the Bengals finally get that ever elusive first playoff win against the Steelers, I think they have a chance to at least get to the AFC Championship game, but I'm not very confident that the Bengals will beat the Steelers next week.

Crazy to think, just getting any one of those loses turned into a win and the Bengals are the number one seed, get that badly needed bye and the road to the Super Bowl goes through Cincinnati.

Time to win four in a row Bengals, let's get it done
WHO-DEY!!!

Time to say good bye to "the most talented team in the NFL" due to upcoming free agency, leaving a legacy of 5 straight playoff losses.  The upcoming opponent has to be giddy with the prospect of facing the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
This is one of those seasons where the Bengals are not "flying high" in to the postseason. But who cares? Everyone is 0-0 right now. The Bengals are capable of beating every team in the AFC playoffs right now, and they are just as capable of being beat by any of them.

I have been critical of Marvin for his conservative nature in the game plan of many big games, but maybe he wants his team to develop the psyche that will rise up and take the opportunity to make a run to the Super Bowl.

I am very intrigued to watch this playoff game. I have no idea what to expect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Besides Kansas City and Houston. no team is flying sky high into the playoffs.   Steelers loss to Ravens, New England loss last two games, Denver has to roll out the old man to win against a bad Chargers team
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:26 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Time to say good bye to "the most talented team in the NFL" due to upcoming free agency, leaving a legacy of 5 straight playoff losses.  The upcoming opponent has to be giddy with the prospect of facing the Bengals.

Time to say hello to a playoff win.. they have fought through losing their MVP QB.. just set a record for least points allowed and are pretty healthy overall.  I am feeling good good about this weekend
Reply/Quote