Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thaddeus Moss
For those who thought we should try to get him, he is available.....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/09/bengals-target-joe-burrow-teammate-thaddeus-moss-waived/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKaila&fbclid=IwAR37H5xHFK5_JqyPGK91z5_Ei_40OhO6WvM8ywzG35QPSnftbwXCENyXBrY
Reply/Quote
He grew up and started high school at Boone County High School in Florence.

he is practically from Cincinnati,
Reply/Quote
This seems like it should happen with little to no thought.

1) We need TE help
2) Big target
3) Can be had free
4) Is affordable

Not sure what is on the list that would keep Cincy from being interested.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 08:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He grew up and started high school at Boone County High School in Florence.

he is practically from Cincinnati,

He caught the td pass from Burrow that broke the NCAA single season record.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 08:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This seems like it should happen with little to no thought.

1) We need TE help
2) Big target
3) Can be had free
4) Is affordable

He could be too hurt.

I think it's a no-brainer too; have him compete in camp and if he's good-enough, he sticks on the roster as TE3.

Works for me.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems like a clear “why the hell not” type move. We lose nothing by at least giving him a look.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 11:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He could be too hurt.

I think it's a no-brainer too; have him compete in camp and if he's good-enough, he sticks on the roster as TE3.

Works for me.

Even if he is hurt, claim him and stash him on PuP or IR. The guy can catch, and especially if you get him for nothing?! Yup, make that claim.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 08:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This seems like it should happen with little to no thought.

1) We need TE help
2) Big target
3) Can be had free
4) Is affordable

except they guy was injured coming out of college then injury that keep him out 1st year and Washington really does not have much at TE especially depth.  Logan Thomas has a solid year last year.. but he had only 30 something catches total the previous 5 years and no one that stands out behind him... We actually are in better shape than Washington at TE... so 1,2,3,4 could have applied to Washington also and they let him go, which to me means pass and look for someone at least healthy the past year or more. 
Reply/Quote
He's about as good as any other Day 3 TE you'd find in this year's draft class, so might as well take a flier on him to compete for TE3.
Could save the Bengals from spending a late round pick on TE (assuming they were planning to) and instead use it on another position of interest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He's about as good as any other Day 3 TE you'd find in this year's draft class, so might as well take a flier on him to compete for TE3.
Could save the Bengals from spending a late round pick on TE (assuming they were planning to) and instead use it on another position of interest.

Actually to me I rather draft a TE (day 2/3) that the Bengals like and is healthy instead of signing what seems like a  waste of time and some cash on someone undrafted and has been injured since being signed in 2020
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 11:46 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually to me I rather draft a TE (day 2/3) that the Bengals like and is healthy instead of signing what seems like a  waste of time and some cash on someone undrafted and has been injured since being signed in 2020

You can do both.

If we claim him, it costs us nothing. He is a camp body like the 10 or so UDFA that come in.

Can still draft a day 3 TE but maybe the guy surprises playing with Joe again. It certainly is worth the roster spot.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You can do both.

If we claim him, it costs us nothing. He is a camp body like the 10 or so UDFA that come in.

Can still draft a day 3 TE but maybe the guy surprises playing with Joe again. It certainly is worth the roster spot.

Yep. Literally no reason not to.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Literally no reason not to.

What is concerning is that there is no reports of the Bengals being interested.

This is so weird. I mean even if you were planning to draft Pitts at 5, why would you not bring in a guy that you did try to bring in after the draft??

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What is concerning is that there is no reports of the Bengals being interested.

This is so weird. I mean even if you were planning to draft Pitts at 5, why would you not bring in a guy that you did try to bring in after the draft??

you would think at least bring him in and kick tires?
especially considering what we have at TE at the moment. Uzi rehabbing friom achilles and ..um...well....Sample  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What is concerning is that there is no reports of the Bengals being interested.

We made an offer before he chose WFT. He said he chose WFT because they offered first.

A name doesn't always make you good. Not even sure the kid can walk without a limp
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We made an offer before he chose WFT. He said he chose WFT because they offered first.

A name doesn't always make you good. Not even sure the kid can walk without a limp

So bring him in and find out.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We made an offer before he chose WFT. He said he chose WFT because they offered first.

(04-12-2021, 04:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So bring him in and find out.

Watched him play a lot with Burrow.  He looked good.
Reply/Quote
We did it
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: We did it

did what?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 06:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: did what?

Claimed Moss.
Reply/Quote