Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thaddeus Moss available
Washington “WTF’s” waived Moss today. The Bengals did call him after the draft, let’s see if they’re still interested.
Reply/Quote
They waived him with an injury designation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 08:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They waived him with an injury designation.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be claimed and heal on the Bengals PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 08:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Doesn’t mean he can’t be claimed and heal on the Bengals PS.

All for it Yo. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 08:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Doesn’t mean he can’t be claimed and heal on the Bengals PS.

I just don't know if the Bengals are interested or in a place right now to claim injured players and hope for the best in the future. I mean it isn't like the Bengals have not already had to deal with injuries.  Those practice squad spots are probably better filled with players that can actually practice. Especially with all this Covid stuff and not knowing when other players might test positive and have to be held out. But that's just my opinion. Plus from what I have read he didn't really impress the WFT before he got waived. I mean I get it, he played with Burrow so I can understand the appeal. I was one of the ones actually hoping the Bengals signed him after he went undrafted. But he isn't looking like a promising prospect at the moment and we don't even know the extent of his injury.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 08:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just don't know if the Bengals are interested or in a place right now to claim injured players and hope for the best in the future. I mean it isn't like the Bengals have not already had to deal with injuries.  Those practice squad spots are probably better filled with players that can actually practice. Especially with all this Covid stuff and not knowing when other players might test positive and have to be held out.  But that's just my opinion.  Plus from what I have read he didn't really impress the WFT before he got waived.   I mean I get it, he played with Burrow so I can understand the appeal.  I was one of the ones actually hoping the Bengals signed him after he went undrafted.  But he isn't looking like a promising prospect at the moment and we don't even know the extent of his injury.

All great points George.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to know what the injury is. My line of thinking is having a friendly face in the locker room for Burrow, try to make his first season as comfortable as possible.

Update: Just did some searching on his injury and the team has not disclosed it. Found some team insiders suggesting it’s still his foot injury lingering, but the move was procedural because the team wants to sneak him on to the IR to allow it to finish healing.
Reply/Quote
He has a lengthy injury history. When we didn’t sign him I went digging and the injuries were so concerning I wasn’t too pissed we didn’t get him as an UDFA. Bad start for a guy with his type of injury history. Won’t be mad if we pass again.
Reply/Quote
Pull
The
Trigger
Reply/Quote
The Washington Football Team making moves. Im all for having Moss, if he can be healthy. I wonder what happened and how long he is out? Dude was a beastly blocker for LSU and he can catch a few balls too. Besides, who wouldnt want Randy Moss becoming a new Bengal fan and hanging around games? We are pretty question marky at TE. Wouldnt be bad if whatever happened isnt too serious.
Reply/Quote
The dude can barely walk. I wonder if there's some message board somewhere saying "We should sign Rodney Anderson".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 09:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It would be nice to know what the injury is. My line of thinking is having a friendly face in the locker room for Burrow, try to make his first season as comfortable as possible.

Update: Just did some searching on his injury and the team has not disclosed it. Found some team insiders suggesting it’s still his foot injury lingering, but the move was procedural because the team wants to sneak him on to the IR to allow it to finish healing.

His best friend is Sam Hubbard.  He played with Vonn Bell, Billy Price, and Michael Jordan at OSU.  Through Hubbard he has been hanging out with Drew Sample. I seriously doubt the addition of Moss would add significantly to his comfort level.  It isn't as if Moss was a go-to receiver for him at LSU.  
He would be a major longshot to make the Bengals in the best of times.  Uzomah, Sample, and Carter will make the roster.  Franks and Schrek can go on the PS.  TE just isn't a major need right now

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:08 AM)pally Wrote: His best friend is Sam Hubbard.  He played with Vonn Bell, Billy Price, and Michael Jordan at OSU.  Through Hubbard he has been hanging out with Drew Sample. I seriously doubt the addition of Moss would add significantly to his comfort level.  It isn't as if Moss was a go-to receiver for him at LSU.  
He would be a major longshot to make the Bengals in the best of times.  Uzomah, Sample, and Carter will make the roster.  Franks and Schrek can go on the PS.  TE just isn't a major need right now

Well sure, when you have Jefferson and Chase, but Joe did like to throw to him. 47 receptions for Moss.

Reply/Quote
The injury came at a really bad time for him. And then there's the question of what he really is. Is he a small TE or a big slow wideout?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well sure, when you have Jefferson and Chase, but Joe did like to throw to him. 47 receptions for Moss.

With 0 drops.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: With 0 drops.

Think we need to check him out at the very least with those hands.

Too bad he can't walk as Bfine said lol
Reply/Quote

Only to be picked off by another team when he heals? No thanks.
Reply/Quote