Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Andy
I know the past couple of seasons have been rough but thank you for all of the good times we’ve had with you. I remember the joy I had the day the Bengals drafted you along with AJ and how you took the team to a playoff birth your first season. It sucks what happened in 2015 because Andy was in the running for MVP that season. Thanks for all the memories red rifle.
Reply/Quote
68-58-2. Not too bad!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes thank you very much.

To bad MB was to cheap to build a team around you.
Reply/Quote
Andy ain't gone yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes thank you very much.

Really sucks because he was amazing in 2015 when he had a team. This one kind of hurts a little but I’m not gonna lie
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Andy ain't gone yet.

Not in body but in mind I think he's been gone for quite some time.

In more ways than one.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really sucks because he was amazing in 2015 when he had a team. This one kind of hurts a little but I’m not gonna lie

Same. I’m going to miss all those touchdown passes to AJ Green. Those two had beautiful on-field chemistry. It just worked — like Carson and Chad. I hope Ryan Finley and all his receivers develop great chemistry too.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not in body but in mind I think he's been gone for quite some time.

In more ways than one.

IF thats true, I can't say I blame him!!!

Reply/Quote
Andys regression is solely on the front office. As soon as he started getting to be a decent qb they started being cheap with the whole needing team friendly deals thing and letting key players walk. Then drafting terrible for 3-4 years and being cheap un free agency and you get this where Andy, Brady, Montana or Mahomes would never succeed. After signing a team friendly deal MB screwed him. He should have taken him to the wood shed at contract time like any other qb would have.
Reply/Quote
Would have loved to see Andy in the parallel universe where the Obueghi, Fisher and Price picks were all hits instead of misses.

Andy's an underrated QB who played for a subpar franchise. Not a world beater by any means, but very much a Joe Flacco or Eli Manning where if he's put in the right situation and gets hot he can win it all. But that wasn't happening here.
Reply/Quote
I'll always support Dalton for the way he came in under the lockout and played far beyond his 2nd round pedigree. It's a shame to see it end on such a bad note, but Dalton will never play another down for the Bengals and we've reached that moment. A "NewDay".

Dalton will be fine no matter what. He'll be on a team for 7 more years. Probably getting paid more than he got paid here. Hell even as a backup.

The Dalton/Green era may be the best run for the next couple generations. Hopefully we aren't still wishing for the days of 5 straight playoff runs 25 years from now.

Dalton like Marvin (and Carson) will be sippin tea watching this team the next couple years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 68-58-2.  Not too bad!

With this organization? That's F'ing miraculous. I'm going to miss Andy. He wasn't the best, but he was solid and always was at least trying. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say for a certain quitter of a QB we had before him.

Notable Bengals QB's and their W/L record: 
Ken Anderson 91-81 (52.9%)
Boomer Esiason 62-61 (50.4%)
Palmer 46-51 (47.4%)
Andy Dalton 68-58-2. (53.1% best of the bunch even with the two ties)

Say what you want, when the Bengals have a guy wearing #14 under center they win more than they lose.

I know how badly a bunch of y'all wanted Andy gone or benched, I was never in that camp. I don't have enough confidence in our front office or coaching staff to go out and draft the right QB at the top of round 1. Nor do I have confidence in the coaches to coach up a rookie. And I certainly don't have confidence in any of them in performing a tear-down and re-build. Some of you think (with no evidence whatsoever) that they can pull it off, I see decades of evidence that that isn't the case and choose to side with history.

There's a ton of blame to go around for this disaster of a season, but save for that 5 play span in the Jacksonville game, Andy wasn't the problem (he wasn't the solution either, but he wasn't the problem). That O-Line is the worst I've ever seen, on any NFL team, including our 2017 line. When the defending AFC rushing leader gets 2 yds on 10 carries you know the line is beyond bad. The defense plays like it's flag football by outright refusing to tackle, & the LB's couldn't cover a dead body let alone a TE, HB, or WR in the slot.

I don't think they're truly that far off from being competitive again, it's really all in the O-Line and LB core. Those two units are so catastrophically bad on their respective sides of the ball that it makes everything else around them look pitiful just by being associated with them. But hey...we're going to get a new QB come April who doesn't block, tackle, or cover! That'll fix everything! And if the last 6 years are any indication, that shiny new QB'll be on IR before the pre-season even starts! WOO!

OK, ranting over. Godspeed #14 (part deux), may you land on or find a team in the off-season that'll bother to give you actual NFL caliber linemen to block for you! 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not in body but in mind I think he's been gone for quite some time.

In more ways than one.

I think this season, especially when everything went downhill, his body language, face and demeanor changed. I think in a lot of ways he regressed because not a lot of help was installed around him (primarily the offensive line). I think he eventually began to not trust the process (or the offensive line). That QB clock was just all over the place. It's a shame because I think he is a great guy and capable of being a great player in this league. I'm just not sure if he will ever be successful here. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Oh, Andy. The QB that has been unfairly known in the media as the Dalton Line. I don't think we have seen the last of Andy. He has been a trooper. Playing for an owner that seems to think average is like winning the Super Bowl. I've never seen him be less than a class act. Despite popular perception he always seemed to put it all on the field and tried his best to give the Bengals a win. There are several current Bengals players that I don't think offer the same.

He isn't done in the NFL. In fact I think we will see him do even more in the next few years.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Good by 3 years too late.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Andy. You never complained or threw your teamates
Under the bus.
You are a total class act and just a good human being
You did your best.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Andy for making Finley possible!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes thank you very much.

Too bad Andy was so deficient, he required an entire team to be built singularly around him, to attempt to mask his many shortcomings. 
Reply/Quote
Geez, we're talking like we are at the guy's funeral. Finley still has to start for 8 games and we still have to cut Dalton a year before his contract is up before we can wish him well and say farewell. I'm just saying.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, we're talking like we are at the guy's funeral.  Finley still has to start for 8 games and we still have to cut Dalton a year before his contract is up before we can wish him well and say farewell.  I'm just saying.

I think it is a form of farewell though, maybe dragged out.  Dalton very well may will be back in a transitional role next year depending on what happens with Finely or if the Bengals draft a start ready QB in the first round.   But we might as well be saying goodbye to him as a long term starter as it seems his time is coming to a close via the benching.  Of course there is always the chance Finely sucks, gets benched, and Dalton finishes the season as a top 5 QB.  Who knows at this point?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote