Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank you Andy
Great player and a great person.

I wish you the best whatever your future brings.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate what did for the team and the city. Expectations were low, but he did well. No, he wasn't a top tier QB but he did seem to get more out of his ability than he should have. Him and AJ were a great duo. He left a lasting impression on the city and team.

I'll continue to follow Andy's career. I'm a fan. I hope he continues to find success on and off the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good thread. The Jaguars might be a good place for him since he's already used to that kind of climate being from Texas. I would like to see him play and succeed for five more years. Minnesota? I think he's better than Kurt Cousins.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:50 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Good thread. The Jaguars might be a good place for him since he's already used to that kind of climate being from Texas. I would like to see him play and succeed for five more years. Minnesota? I think he's better than Kurt Cousins.

I was thinking the same thing about the warmer weather. Also hope he succeeds and plays some more years. He's a classy dude. Truly wish the best for him and his family.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that he will be a patriot. I'm glad we had Dalton. He lead some of the best Bengals teams since I've been alive.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is my all time favorite Cincinnati Bengal.  I can't lie.  Yes, off the field he's a saint and he has a beautiful family, etc. but let's look at all he did on the field.  Few people know this but Andy Dalton and AJ Green are the 12th most prolific quarterback and wide receiver duo in NFL history with respect to touchdowns.  Think about that for a minute.  Twelfth.  In NFL history.  That's crazy.

As a rookie with a shortened off-season Andy took the Bengals to the playoffs.  He did it again for the next four years, compiling a 52-28 record over that period.  If anyone has a list of all the NFL quarterbacks who led their teams to five straight playoff appearances please publish it on here; I bet it's a very short list.  Did Andy struggle in the playoffs?  Sure he did -- but so did the entire team.  Winning is a team effort and unfortunately so is losing.

Think of all the good times:  Beating Carson as a Raider.  Beating Brady in the rain at Paul Brown Stadium.  The unbelievable last three minutes of the game in Miami just last season.  The ultimate Raven killer.  Cleveland's worst nightmare.  The strike to Tyler Boyd to beat the Ravens.  Getting his head torn off by Ndamukong Suh and yelling, "Oh yeah?  That didn't hurt!  You can't hurt me!" at Suh.  Six touchdown passes against the Jets.  The phenomenal fourth quarter comeback against the Seahawks.  Catching a touchdown pass from Mohamed Sanu against the Titans.  The touchdown pass with the flip into the end zone by Jerome Simpson.  Holding every Bengal quarterback record except one.  That's a fine list of accomplishments for a humble second round pick from TCU who lasted longer as a starter in the NFL than every other quarterback taken in the 2011 draft.

Wherever Andy Dalton goes I'm going to follow with great interest.  I won't become a fan of his new team but I'll always be a fan of him.
Reply/Quote
Yes, thanks for all you did here Andy. You are a great man and a class act. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton is my all time favorite Cincinnati Bengal.  I can't lie.  Yes, off the field he's a saint and he has a beautiful family, etc. but let's look at all he did on the field.  Few people know this but Andy Dalton and AJ Green are the 12th most prolific quarterback and wide receiver duo in NFL history with respect to touchdowns.  Think about that for a minute.  Twelfth.  In NFL history.  That's crazy.

As a rookie with a shortened off-season Andy took the Bengals to the playoffs.  He did it again for the next four years, compiling a 52-28 record over that period.  If anyone has a list of all the NFL quarterbacks who led their teams to five straight playoff appearances please publish it on here; I bet it's a very short list.  Did Andy struggle in the playoffs?  Sure he did -- but so did the entire team.  Winning is a team effort and unfortunately so is losing.

Think of all the good times:  Beating Carson as a Raider.  Beating Brady in the rain at Paul Brown Stadium.  The unbelievable last three minutes of the game in Miami just last season.  The ultimate Raven killer.  Cleveland's worst nightmare.  The strike to Tyler Boyd to beat the Ravens.  Getting his head torn off by Ndamukong Suh and yelling, "Oh yeah?  That didn't hurt!  You can't hurt me!" at Suh.  Six touchdown passes against the Jets.  The phenomenal fourth quarter comeback against the Seahawks.  Catching a touchdown pass from Mohamed Sanu against the Titans.  The touchdown pass with the flip into the end zone by Jerome Simpson.  Holding every Bengal quarterback record except one.  That's a fine list of accomplishments for a humble second round pick from TCU who lasted longer as a starter in the NFL than every other quarterback taken in the 2011 draft.

Wherever Andy Dalton goes I'm going to follow with great interest.  I won't become a fan of his new team but I'll always be a fan of him.

This.  Couldn't have said it better myself.  Dalton wasn't perfect, but like I always said:  When he is protected, he is a surgeon.  Sadly, his career was derailed by the loss of Whit and Zeitler that had turds drafted to replace.  What Dalton did his first five years should be what we remember, and how he took over a team considered by many to go 0-16 to the playoffs his rookie season.

Dalton is one of the last of a seemingly dying breed.  The pocket QB.  Since Wilson and Mahommes came in and set the league on fire, pocket QBs are seemingly just a thing of the past.  Heck, even Tom fricking Brady was signed for $25 million this year.  Before you say age, that guy looks like he is 30 years old and hasn't taken the pounding of, say, Piggy.

Look at Jacob Eason:  Huge, tall, pocket QB with a rocket arm.  Almost went undrafted.  Jordan Love?  Drafted in the first round by the Packers, who have Aaron Rogers (dumbasses).  

Andy has decent mobility, but I fear that NFL teams would rather spend on a mobile QB than a good offensive line.  

I still have no idea what Jacksonville is thinking other than just flat out tanking for Lawrence.

New England makes all the sense in the world, and he could sign for cheap and have the opportunity to start.

Thank you, Andy, for all you did for the Bengals and the City of Cincinnati.  It is deeply disturbing that a thank you thread to you has all but 7 replies, but an insult thread has 9 pages of replies.  Hopefully, they are people defending you.  Regardless, you always handled yourself with class and, frankly, you deserved better than you got here.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  Couldn't have said it better myself.  Dalton wasn't perfect, but like I always said:  When he is protected, he is a surgeon.  Sadly, his career was derailed by the loss of Whit and Zeitler that had turds drafted to replace.  What Dalton did his first five years should be what we remember, and how he took over a team considered by many to go 0-16 to the playoffs his rookie season.

Dalton is one of the last of a seemingly dying breed.  The pocket QB.  Since Wilson and Mahommes came in and set the league on fire, pocket QBs are seemingly just a thing of the past.  Heck, even Tom fricking Brady was signed for $25 million this year.  Before you say age, that guy looks like he is 30 years old and hasn't taken the pounding of, say, Piggy.

Look at Jacob Eason:  Huge, tall, pocket QB with a rocket arm.  Almost went undrafted.  Jordan Love?  Drafted in the first round by the Packers, who have Aaron Rogers (dumbasses).  

Andy has decent mobility, but I fear that NFL teams would rather spend on a mobile QB than a good offensive line.  

I still have no idea what Jacksonville is thinking other than just flat out tanking for Lawrence.

New England makes all the sense in the world, and he could sign for cheap and have the opportunity to start.

Thank you, Andy, for all you did for the Bengals and the City of Cincinnati.  It is deeply disturbing that a thank you thread to you has all but 7 replies, but an insult thread has 9 pages of replies.  Hopefully, they are people defending you.  Regardless, you always handled yourself with class and, frankly, you deserved better than you got here.  

I agree with you, FiK nailed it. 

You did too. As for the quitter thread, there is A LOT of people in there stating how ridiculous the thread is. Not necessarily defending Andy (some are), but mainly attacking the premise of the thread. 

I posted my thanks in the Dalton is released thread, but I'll say a simple thanks here too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with you, FiK nailed it. 

You did too. As for the quitter thread, there is A LOT of people in there stating how ridiculous the thread is. Not necessarily defending Andy (some are), but mainly attacking the premise of the thread. 

I posted my thanks in the Dalton is released thread, but I'll say a simple thanks here too.

Good to know...when I saw the OP, I just clicked out of it and thought to myself:  "Damn, the Bengals do something Andy wanted and free up $17 million cap space to try and help extend AJ or Mixon and some people are STILL drawn to the negative".

Oh well.  
Reply/Quote
I typically don't do Thanks, athlete threads. And I'm not sure I want to do one here. I only reserve those for things that go Above and Beyond. But...

I will say that I appreciate Andy's effort in giving to great cause in and being actively involved in the Cincinnati charitable setting. For that type of thing I have appreciation and respect. I will tip my cap. He is one among many other Bengals who have participated this way, and IIRC, Peko, and others have also. Since I didn't comment on their Thanks threads, I guess I will send a shout out to all of those guys who have participated well in the community that I both know and don't know about.

Having said that, I will also say this. I'm not interested in throwing shade at Andy, and I don't want this to be taken that way. But I personally don't put Andy above anybody else (including Palmer) as a person (mainly in terms of conduct around the team, not off the field) or a player (especially as a player). That's just my opinion and if others feel differently, no issues. However, I simply don't feel that Andy needs to be put on a pedestal as a saint. IMO, he definitely hasn't done anything to warrant that. Just like many players that have come and gone in the NFL and Cincinnati, Andy fulfilled his obligations. Nothing less and also nothing more. IMO, he's just like most athletes who play hard and enjoy playing for their teams, but also have an ego and a selfish component. Once their time on the field ends, their objective is what's best for "me" and mostly I don't hold it against them. It's a violent sport where one never comes back fully healthy. So, I feel Andy has fulfilled his obligations to the team in a professional manner and that's what I expect out of an NFL player. I don't feel he is "classy" and I don't feel he is something that is "not classy". He's like any decent professional person in any walk of life, and like any decent professional athlete in sports. There are certainly many athletes who I can think of that are not classy, and very petty, and lack good qualities in how they conduct themselves. Andy is not one of those people. But having said that, I don't necessarily think he's "classy" either. I will just repeat: he went about his job like expected. No above or beyond. And that's how I rate him.

I will end this with best of luck to Andy, but hope he never beats the Bengals or helps a team to do so in his life.
Reply/Quote
Great comments by OP and everyone else.

Thank you Andy.

And God bless you and your wife. Both of you are awesome.
Reply/Quote
The guy had a solid NFL career. He didn’t have the talent to be great but he was always middle of the pack and that gives you a chance to win.
Reply/Quote
Go get em Ginger Tarzan.

God I wish I knew of that nickname years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My nephew was treated for cancer at Cincinnati Children's Hospital from the age of 3 to his recent diagnosis of "cancer free" at the age of almost 10. The Daltons donated a lot to help the kids at Cincinnati Children's and I'll always be grateful for that. They are generous and kind. Dalton always exemplified great character in his treatment of others. I am excited for the Burrow era, but I want to honor the Dalton era because Andy Dalton is a kind and generous person who used his good fortune to help others, especially children.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 02:50 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I typically don't do Thanks, athlete threads. And I'm not sure I want to do one here. I only reserve those for things that go Above and Beyond. But...

I will say that I appreciate Andy's effort in giving to great cause in and being actively involved in the Cincinnati charitable setting. For that type of thing I have appreciation and respect. I will tip my cap. He is one among many other Bengals who have participated this way, and IIRC, Peko, and others have also. Since I didn't comment on their Thanks threads, I guess I will send a shout out to all of those guys who have participated well in the community that I both know and don't know about.

Having said that, I will also say this. I'm not interested in throwing shade at Andy, and I don't want this to be taken that way. But I personally don't put Andy above anybody else (including Palmer) as a person (mainly in terms of conduct around the team, not off the field) or a player (especially as a player). That's just my opinion and if others feel differently, no issues. However, I simply don't feel that Andy needs to be put on a pedestal as a saint. IMO, he definitely hasn't done anything to warrant that. Just like many players that have come and gone in the NFL and Cincinnati, Andy fulfilled his obligations. Nothing less and also nothing more. IMO, he's just like most athletes who play hard and enjoy playing for their teams, but also have an ego and a selfish component. Once their time on the field ends, their objective is what's best for "me" and mostly I don't hold it against them. It's a violent sport where one never comes back fully healthy. So, I feel Andy has fulfilled his obligations to the team in a professional manner and that's what I expect out of an NFL player. I don't feel he is "classy" and I don't feel he is something that is "not classy". He's like any decent professional person in any walk of life, and like any decent professional athlete in sports. There are certainly many athletes who I can think of that are not classy, and very petty, and lack good qualities in how they conduct themselves. Andy is not one of those people. But having said that, I don't necessarily think he's "classy" either. I will just repeat: he went about his job like expected. No above or beyond. And that's how I rate him.

I will end this with best of luck to Andy, but hope he never beats the Bengals or helps a team to do so in his life.

For me it's not so much about who's a good person, who is selfish or whatever. I've had a lot of good times watching the Bengals over the last decade. Whether it was at home or at the stadium... I watched games with dear friends, my dad, and people who are no longer here, or are no longer in my life. Andy Dalton was part of that. That's why I thank him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 09:16 PM)jason Wrote: For me it's not so much about who's a good person, who is selfish or whatever. I've had a lot of good times watching the Bengals over the last decade. Whether it was at home or at the stadium... I watched games with dear friends, my dad, and people who are no longer here, or are no longer in my life. Andy Dalton was part of that. That's why I thank him.

Sounds like you're saying you thank all (or most) Bengals players who entertained you. And you enjoyed (and are grateful for) the times you spent watching the Bengals with various people in your life. Which I fully understand. I appreciate the entertainment that I got out of watching games at home or the stadium too. But that's a different discussion.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to the Bengals team and the community, which you served both equally great. Best of luck to you in all of your future ventures, if they include football, may you lead a team to the top.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gonna bump the Thank you Andy thread.
Reply/Quote