Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Andy
(10-30-2019, 12:30 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think it is a form of farewell though, maybe dragged out.  Dalton very well may will be back in a transitional role next year depending on what happens with Finely or if the Bengals draft a start ready QB in the first round.   But we might as well be saying goodbye to him as a long term starter as it seems his time is coming to a close via the benching.  Of course there is always the chance Finely sucks, gets benched, and Dalton finishes the season as a top 5 QB.  Who knows at this point?

Dalton will never play for the Bengals again. You can't start him later after benching him. He's not a rookie, he's a 9 year ex franchise QB for this team, getting benched for a 4th round pick (not a 1st round pick, or your future franchise QB). That's only happened to Eli, and it got the whole coaching staff and GM fired.

There's no going back. Once this move was made, it was the end.

Name another 9+ year Franchise QB that got benched and then given their job back?

Time to face the facts, the era is over. Dalton has been freed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, we're talking like we are at the guy's funeral.  Finley still has to start for 8 games and we still have to cut Dalton a year before his contract is up before we can wish him well and say farewell.  I'm just saying.

In some people's minds, he's been gone since 2015.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Did he die? What is this thread?
Reply/Quote
I hope BB picks him up and he wins a super bowl with the pats.
Reply/Quote
Not that I believe it possible, but Andy could in theory do what Kenny Anderson did after getting benched and have another MVP type season.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, we're talking like we are at the guy's funeral.  Finley still has to start for 8 games and we still have to cut Dalton a year before his contract is up before we can wish him well and say farewell.  I'm just saying.

And Finley surviving behind this line is not a given in the least.....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton will never play for the Bengals again. You can't start him later after benching him. He's not a rookie, he's a 9 year ex franchise QB for this team, getting benched for a 4th round pick (not a 1st round pick, or your future franchise QB). That's only happened to Eli, and it got the whole coaching staff and GM fired.

There's no going back. Once this move was made, it was the end.

Name another 9+ year Franchise QB that got benched and then given their job back?

Time to face the facts, the era is over. Dalton has been freed.

Ken Anderson???
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: Not that I believe it possible, but Andy could in theory do what Kenny Anderson did after getting benched and have another MVP type season.. 

I agree, it just won't be in Cincinnati. If I were AD, I will request to be place on the inactive list the rest of the year. It owes this franchise nothing, hh owes the fans who hated on him for years nothing.

Then, I would demand a trade when in 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Over-react much?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:11 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Over-react much?

I don’t think so. Andy Dalton bled orange and black for nine seasons. Like Carson Palmer, he did everything possible to try to win. I’ll never fault a man for that and he deserves some gratitude from the fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Andy ain't gone yet.

True. This season is shot so there is no reason to play him anymore.  Got to see what we've got.  For example, can Findley be the next Bengal QB or good enough to be a back up of the future?

The Bengals have options to trade or resign Dalton.  If they resign they can go after a game changer like Chase Young.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of Mike Brown!  
Reply/Quote