Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Ryan Tannihill
Just wanted to thank Tannihill for his play after looking like Daltons clone in Miami. I firmly believe with his going to the Titans and looking awesome it will take Daltons trade value up 1 to 2 rounds. Look for someone to give us a 1st or 2nd now for Andy. This league is what worked this year for building for next year and someone will bite.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the most we will get is a 3rd round pick for Dalton, we might get a 2nd round for Green if we tag then trade him
Reply/Quote
Lol. No to a first. Wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't give more than a 3rd. But i also wouldn't have hire a unproven young qb coach as my head coach but it was the hot thing last year. Just think Tannihills play on a new team will really up Daltons value.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is probably looking at Tannehill and thinking he should ask for at least a 1st for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:28 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Just wanted to thank Tannihill for his play after looking like Daltons clone in Miami. I firmly believe with his going to the Titans and looking awesome it will take Daltons trade value up 1 to 2 rounds. Look for someone to give us a 1st or 2nd now for Andy. This league is what worked this year for building for next year and someone will bite.

Clearly you haven't actually watched any of their games. Their offense begins and ends with Derrick Henry. He doesn't try to make the offense about him throwing and is willing to hand it off 30+ times a game. That's why he's starting over Mariota. He's still a below average QB.

He was barely over 50% in both playoff wins and didn't top 100 yards passing. Not sure GMs are going to think a new make will cause a miraculous turn around.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown is probably looking at Tannehill and thinking he should ask for at least a 1st for Dalton.

Or he's thinking of trading the first pick for Tannehill.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:24 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Clearly you haven't actually watched any of their games. Their offense begins and ends with Derrick Henry. He doesn't try to make the offense about him throwing and is willing to hand it off 30+ times a game. That's why he's starting over Mariota. He's still a below average QB.

He was barely over 50% in both playoff wins and didn't top 100 yards passing. Not sure GMs are going to think a new make will cause a miraculous turn around.

Well last week Tannehill was chucking it early to build a lead, and then they were pounding it with Henry. Bottom line is Ryan Tannehill is playing the best football of his career at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:28 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Just wanted to thank Tannihill for his play after looking like Daltons clone in Miami. I firmly believe with his going to the Titans and looking awesome it will take Daltons trade value up 1 to 2 rounds. Look for someone to give us a 1st or 2nd now for Andy. This league is what worked this year for building for next year and someone will bite.

If Dalton were going into his 5th, 6th, hell maybe even 7th season I might agree a little more ? Dalton is going into his 10th season with a career 62% comp. % and a career 87.5 passer rating. There's not a lot of doubt what Dalton is. I'm not saying he won't have some success elsewhere and I hope he does !

But I highly doubt we get a 1st unless we find a totally desperate team, not sure how ? If somebody offers a 2nd they better jump all over it. I'd say a 3rd is way more realistic.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: Well last week Tannehill was chucking it early to build a lead, and then they were pounding it with Henry. Bottom line is Ryan Tannehill is playing the best football of his career at the moment.

"Chucking it"...I swear lol He had 7 complete passes for a grand total of 88 yards in the whole game. Not sure what game you were watching. 

In games where he threw more than 25 times they're only 3-3.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:31 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: "Chucking it"...I swear lol He had 7 complete passes for a grand total of 88 yards. Not sure what game you were watching. 

In games where he threw more than 25 times they're only 3-3.

I was watching the game where Tannehill threw 2 TD passes to put Tennessee up 14 to nothin'... That's not an offense starting and ending with Derrick Henry.

Stat boy.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the Tannehill success is more demoralizing than something I want to be thankful for. It just goes to show how awful their offensive coaching has been the last 4 years, and now Burrow will be subjected to the same coach who was a horrible failure at OC in Cincinnati both at the college level and now the pro level. (Don't bother replying he's not the OC for the Bengals. If you call the offensive plays, you're the OC and the guy titled OC is just an assistant.)

Coaching matters. A lot.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:38 PM)jason Wrote: I was watching the game where Tannehill threw 2 TD passes to put Tennessee up 14 to nothin'... That's not an offense starting and ending with Derrick Henry.

Stat boy.

7 out of 14. 

Guess Bortles is a top tier QB too because of the one year had an elite run game and defense. 
Reply/Quote
I can't for the life of me come to terms with MB actually doing anything to help the team, other than just drafting Burrow at #1. I wan't to believe, but I know better. FA will suck again, we will make bad picks after the 1st, etc, etc. I so badly hope I'm wrong and that the franchise see's this as the new beginning. But it's almost like asking an orange to be red, a dog to meow, or a Gwyneth Paltrow candle smelling like beef jerky.

Reply/Quote
Surprise season from Tannehill to be sure, mostly since I remember joking that ZT was going to do something crazy and try to bring him to Cincy to replace Dalton. Then again in only 4 years since our last winning season we've seen post-season rookies/underachievers like Tannehill, Blake Bortles, Case Keenum, and Carson Palmer all come up short in their respective championship games, so there always seems to be a one-year-wonder making a push. It's almost baffling that we could make the post-season 6 times in 7 years and make absolutely no impact while someone like Bort Bortles can come within an insultingly small margin of making the Super Bowl.

As far as the Dalton trade and his value goes, I can see Mike Brown playing hardball and holding onto Dalton holding out for a QB injury or other sort of panic-induced over-payment scenario because IF it happens he cashes in and if it doesn't happen it's not like he's going to lose his job. Or maybe he just lets Dalton go since he was such a good soldier all these years and didn't leave on sour terms like Boomer and Palmer.

Bummer side note, Tanehill and Dalton both look a lot better at football when they don't have ZT as a coach...hopefully he's got his act together this year. If anything, Dalton's value could improve by potential trade partners saying "Hey, look how much better Tannehill is post-ZT, maybe Dalton will have the same uptick."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 08:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bummer side note, Tanehill and Dalton both look a lot better at football when they don't have ZT as a coach...hopefully he's got his act together this year.  If anything, Dalton's value could improve by potential trade partners saying "Hey, look how much better Tannehill is post-ZT, maybe Dalton will have the same uptick."

Pretty harsh for a 1yr HC.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty harsh for a 1yr HC.

I'd agree normally and I thought we'd go 8-8 and bought into the whole "gotta be better than Marvin...hopefully" mantra.  The problem is the guy started 0-11 and matched a franchise low win total.  This is the NFL and if you the HC of the last place team and you weren't starting your 4th string QB all year you're going to have to deal with the backlash.

I'm open to ZT getting it together, but it also wouldn't floor me if we go into 2021 saying "Burrow's rookie year didn't really count because ZT was still there."

But back to my note, you can't deny that Dalton and Tannehill both looked a lot better when ZT wasn't coaching them. I'm not making any bold conclusions based upon two players, but Dalton looked better pre-ZT and Tannehill looked better post-ZT. That's just a stanky ol' fact and it doesn't really warm my cockles to admit it.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:24 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Clearly you haven't actually watched any of their games. Their offense begins and ends with Derrick Henry. He doesn't try to make the offense about him throwing and is willing to hand it off 30+ times a game. That's why he's starting over Mariota. He's still a below average QB.

Clearly you have only watched the 2 playoff games. The guy is playing some great ball this year. And the topic was about it helping Daltons value not if Tannihill is an elite qb or not. I see you are new to the board so welcome but please do be like so many on here and just spin the topic to complain about something. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 10:09 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Clearly you have only watched the 2 playoff games. The guy is playing some great ball this year. And the topic was about it helping Daltons value not if Tannihill is an elite qb or not. I see you are new to the board so welcome but please do be like so many on here and just spin the topic to complain about something. 

Not new, just couldn't remember the old information and the board doesn't send an email to recover password even though it's supposed to. 

And I've seen other games, their run game was the reason they could do anything on offense pretty much the whole year. Then he could do play action and everyone was man to man because teams would focus stopping the run. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 10:44 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Not new, just couldn't remember the old information and the board doesn't send an email to recover password even though it's supposed to. 

And I've seen other games, their run game was the reason they could do anything on offense pretty much the whole year. Then he could do play action and everyone was man to man because teams would focus stopping the run. 
This is what we should be doing with Mixon. Play actuon frees up a lot.
Reply/Quote