Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Ryan Tannihill
It's all D. Henry and an offensive line, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:36 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I think the most we will get is a 3rd round pick for Dalton, we might get a 2nd round for Green if we tag then trade him

Why would someone trade for a receiver who hasn’t played in 20 games, would count over $17 mill toward the cap, be heading to FA the following year, AND give up a 2nd round pick in the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:45 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I wouldn't give more than a 3rd. But i also wouldn't have hire a unproven young qb coach as my head coach but it was the hot thing last year. Just think Tannihills play on a new team will really up Daltons value.

what other young QB coach that never called plays became a HC last year?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Coaching matters. A lot.
It does mean a lot but not as much as having a talented roster.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what other young QB coach that never called plays became a HC last year?

What other first year coach was hired last year that inherited the 26th rated QB and fans expected him to win the super bowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:37 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It does mean a lot but not as much as having a talented roster.

Tell that to the 49ers.

Their QB was another team's backup.
Their two leading rushers are both undrafted players.
Their leading receiver is a 5th round TE.
Their 4th receiver who is tied for the team lead in receiving TDs is an undrafted WR.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We also saw the same thing here when Zimmer was the DC. He would put in old/washed up players like Tank Johnson, Chris Crocker, Roy Williams, Terrence Williams, Nate Clements, Thomas Howard, Dhani Jones, and crank our perennial Top-10 defenses with coaching and scheme rather than simply having more talent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 02:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tell that to the 49ers.

Their QB was another team's backup.
Their two leading rushers are both undrafted players.
Their leading receiver is a 5th round TE.
Their 4th receiver who is tied for the team lead in receiving TDs is an undrafted WR.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We also saw the same thing here when Zimmer was the DC. He would put in old/washed up players like Tank Johnson, Chris Crocker, Roy Williams, Terrence Williams, Nate Clements, Thomas Howard, Dhani Jones, and crank our perennial Top-10 defenses with coaching and scheme rather than simply having more talent.
Garoppolo wasn't just a backup he was the backup to the GOAT QB and future HOF coach. Their d-line has three first rounders. They got Sherman in FAcy . The undrafted RBs benefit from a line with all pro Staley, number 9 overall pick Mc Glinchey, and former first rounder Tomlinson. Trying to cherry pick their talent? They had to bottom feed for a long time but to say they have no talent and is all coaching is short sighted. Shanahan was hired in 2017 and finished with a 6-10 record and finished with a 4-12 record in 2018. I guess they should have fired him last year? Talent makes a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 03:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Garoppolo wasn't just a backup he was the backup to the GOAT QB and future HOF coach. Their d-line has three first rounders. They got Sherman in FAcy . The undrafted RBs benefit from a line with all pro Staley, number 9 overall pick Mc Glinchey, and former first rounder Tomlinson. Trying to cherry pick their talent? They had to bottom feed for a long time but to say they have no talent and is all coaching is short sighted. Shanahan was hired in 2017 and finished with a 6-10 record and finished with a 4-12 record in 2018. I guess they should have fired him last year? Talent makes a huge difference.

Please quote me where I said they had "no talent" and that it is "all coaching".

I'll wait, because last I checked I was arguing the point that just because you have talent if you don't have the coaching to make use of it, it's pointless. Good coaching can fill in gaps with sub-par players and get the best out of their mediocre players with scheme, but even Zimmer had to have a couple good players (Hall, Joseph, Atkins, Nelson) to build around with the other mediocre players.

Coaching matters. A lot. So does reading comprehension.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 04:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Please quote me where I said they had "no talent" and that it is "all coaching".

I'll wait, because last I checked I was arguing the point that just because you have talent if you don't have the coaching to make use of it, it's pointless. Good coaching can fill in gaps with sub-par players and get the best out of their mediocre players with scheme, but even Zimmer had to have a couple good players (Hall, Joseph, Atkins, Nelson) to build around with the other mediocre players.

Coaching matters. A lot. So does reading comprehension.

"Tell that to the 49ers" statement was trying to infer that they didn't have EXTREME talent. The point I was making is that if you inherit a terrible team and your owner won't spend to improve your talent level you will not succeed. If you have watched this team and think they have a roster comparable to the 49ers you need to see your optometrist.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 07:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I can't for the life of me come to terms with MB actually doing anything to help the team, other than just drafting Burrow at #1. I wan't to believe, but I know better. FA will suck again, we will make bad picks after the 1st, etc, etc. I so badly hope I'm wrong and that the franchise see's this as the new beginning. But it's almost like asking an orange to be red, a dog to meow, or a Gwyneth Paltrow candle smelling like beef jerky.

C'mon man! You know you wanna call Mikey the drafting savant.. When has he EVER not been brilliant at it? Ok, there was that one time.... Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 09:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon man! You know you wanna call Mikey the drafting savant.. When has he EVER not been brilliant at it? Ok, there was that one time.... Hilarious

I just wonder, can a candle scent be made to smell like bacon?

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:36 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I think the most we will get is a 3rd round pick for Dalton, we might get a 2nd round for Green if we tag then trade him

Can we bucket them together for a late 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 11:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I just wonder, can a candle scent be made to smell like bacon?

I would say yes. I would hope so. I would hope TVs begin emitting smells to go along with video and audio, soon. Kind of like ink cartridges, refill it. I know some VR headsets were slated to have heat management, so if you were fighting a fire your face would feel hot. Will we live long enough to see these things vs. a Bengals superbowl is the main question to be bet upon if anyone has money.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:34 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we bucket them together for a late 1st round pick.

Not sure if a team would give up a first for both
Reply/Quote