Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank you for a Great Draft Season
Just wanted to thank everybody on here for making this draft season so great to follow. I learned alot, changed my mind alot, but no matter who we draft, thanks for the experience.

Now, is there anybody on the boards who has stuck with their player for our pick at 9 throughout the entire draft season? I started with Foster. Who did you start with? What made you reconsider your pick?

I think Voch Lombardi's video scared me a little, but I'd still be fine with the pick. Lots of people still think he's the real deal, including Ray Lewis. The character stuff didn't concern me too much. Hell, Burfict and Pacman manage to stay employed here.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I started with Corey Davis, now thinking John Ross.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been all over the board. And on both sides of the ball. Excited to get started and see how it pans out.
Reply/Quote
Started with Barnett, and still want him. I'd also be pretty excited if it was Howard.

Reply/Quote
John Ross was my first choice. Not because it seemed like a Bengals type of pick given his size, but it was definitely my "sexy" pick lol. I still stand by Ross seeing as that Lapham has spoken, but I have bounced around a little bit with other mocks.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Minter-Mock

I'm excited about draft season every year. I almost look forward to the draft more than I do watching the games which seems weird, but I'm just being honest.

Here's to hoping we come away with as much immediate talent as possible so we can be playoff bound again Cheers
Reply/Quote
Thank You Shady for your input as well. Like you I started with Foster. I'm kind of leaning towards Howard now that I'm a little more informed.
Reply/Quote
Quote:1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Johnathan Allen DE
3 Derek Barnett DE
4 Mike Williams WR
5 Corey Davis WR
6 Cam Robinson OT
7 Rueben Foster LB
8 Tim Williams DE
9 Dalvin Cook RB

Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker would be nice, but I honestly don't see this team drafting a safety. They have both safeties locked up long term with a decent prospect sitting behind both of them. The player would have to be a truly transcendent talent in order to make the Bengals move away from players they've already paid.

Also, look for Charles Harris and Solomon Thomas to begin rising in the ranks as the off season progresses as well. I may like them more than Tim Williams, as Tim would be forced into a situational role whereas  Harris and Thomas, while not being quite as explosive, can be every down players who played as a down linemen in college and have been productive there.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-9-favorites-for-first-round?pid=330320#pid330320

Back on January 5th, this was my list.

Honestly, not much has changed for me. The only real change in terms of my #1 priorities is that Allen may be a realistic possibility for us, which I didn't think he was back in January.

Like I thought back then, my #1 fall back would be Derek Barnett. If I were to rate my preferred WRs after that now, I think I'd go Ross then Williams. Then Corey would probably fall out of my top 9.

I also accurately predicted Thomas beginning to rise through the ranks. I didn't anticipate he'd go from a 2nd round pick to a top 5 pick, but what are you gonna do?
Same for Harris, who is getting some significant first round buzz as well.

Cam Robinson probably falls off the list today, as he is not really a LT, which is what we need most. Barnett abused him in the Alabama Tennessee game consistently because he is not fast enough to meet a lot of DEs at the corner. His kick step is weak.

Foster remains on the list, but he's still low. I wouldn't love the pick, but I'd understand the pick.

I think I'd add O.J. Howard to the list as well. He is actually a very good prospect that was just underutilized at Alabama. His blocking skill is truly elite though and that really shows on film. The number of times you see him seal the edge on a big run is just...ridiculous.

Williams was thrown on there because he had a good chance of blowing up the combine and being drafted high, but he just never caught fire so I'd drop him too.

Finally, I'd drop Cook off the list and put Fournette somewhere in the top 5. He is definitely a good player and I'd be interested in him going forward if he were available.

1 Myles Garrett DE
2 Johnathan Allen DE
3 Leonard Fournette RB
4 O.J. Howard TE
5 Derek Barnett DE
6 Solomon Thomas DE
7 John Ross WR
8 Mike Williams WR
9 Rueben Foster LB
Reply/Quote
Don't you kind of have to figure the Bengals top 5 talent may fall to the Bengals at 9 if QB and CB needy teams take two of those in the first nine. I believe a team may approach the Bengals for a trade if Watson was not selected by the time the ninth pick rolls up.
Reply/Quote
I went from Peppers to Foster and right now, I still want Foster even with the Minter signing. That said, I think it will be Barnett (which I'm also cool with).

Apparently it looks like it will be Ross if he's there. Not sure if I like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:06 AM)Shady Wrote: Just wanted to thank everybody on here for making this draft season so great to follow. I learned alot, changed my mind alot, but no matter who we draft, thanks for the experience.

Now, is there anybody on the boards who has stuck with their player for our pick at 9 throughout the entire draft season? I started with Foster. Who did you start with? What made you reconsider your pick?

I think Voch Lombardi's video scared me a little, but I'd still be fine with the pick. Lots of people still think he's the real deal, including Ray Lewis. The character stuff didn't concern me too much. Hell, Burfict and Pacman manage to stay employed here.

This is a cool topic, Shady.

I liked Dalvin Cook early, before I got wind of the character issues.  No first round pick for me, even if we slid to the lower half of the first round.  He's supremely talented, but I am done with headaches.  

I always liked Ross.

Never liked Foster.  I don't think I would like any of this draft class of LBs in Rd 1, but I sure don't want a damaged goods guy from Bama with a serious attitude and potentially drug problem.

I also hated the idea of Mixon from day 1.  I understand he broke four bones in that girl's face three years ago, but it was almost a "hidden punishment".  He never really had to deal with the media and face the music until this year and his camp says "well, that was three years ago".  And after he ripped up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of a female campus parking monitor, it just shows me that he has aggression towards women and thinks he is above everyone else.  I don't even want this shitbag in the 7th round.  
Reply/Quote
I started with Tim Williams, but think his off the field issues with weed make him too much of a risk at #9 now.

For me, the risk might be worth the reward if he is still there in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  And after he ripped up a parking ticket and threw it in the face of a female campus parking monitor, it just shows me that he has aggression towards women and thinks he is above everyone else.

....why does it matter it was a female campus parking cop? You ever deal with them before? I knew plenty of guys who got into arguments and did similar things to campus parking enforcement. They may actually be the most hated group on any college campus haha.
Reply/Quote
Started with Reuben Foster...

Probably Derek Barnett now... Did you guys know that Derek Barnett had more sacks than Myles Garrett and more percentage of Derek Barnett's sacks, hits, and hurries were against elite competition?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:06 AM)Shady Wrote: Just wanted to thank everybody on here for making this draft season so great to follow. I learned alot, changed my mind alot, but no matter who we draft, thanks for the experience.

I started with Foster also and have gone with several players. I have landed with OJ Howard at #9. But, he may not be there. If we trade back beyond pick #13 I like either Corey Davis or Foster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals get a new player tonight.... Who-Dey....

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out

ive seen several mocks now where Alabamas Jonathan allen falls to us at 9
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals get a new player tonight....  Who-Dey....

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out

ive seen several mocks now where Alabamas Jonathan allen falls to us at 9

At this point, honestly, that is the pick that excites me most. I would love to see Allen in Orange and Black.

Him, Geno and Dunlap all in a row...

We'd probably need to draft a DE in the 3rd or 4th round to rotate with Johnson and Clarke, but the impact Allen would have on this defense could be truly incredible.
Reply/Quote
I started with Flopped, then leaned on Bust, but finally settled on that ot Shakemyhead.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

I started with Foster too, but I moved away from that after Minter was picked up and Maualuaga was cut.
I've then focused on a pass catcher either John Ross or OJ Howard. I've stuck with that for awhile now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Thank you Shady, you are awesome bro. :andy:

Started out with Derek Barnett, then went OJ Howard and am now leaning John Ross for tonight.

Barnett is just not a good enough run stopper to be a 3 down lineman which is what we should be getting at 9. If Solomon
Thomas or Johnathan Allen fall to us would be very happy with either of them.

OJ Howard i still think would be a very solid pick as insurance in case Eifert never plays again and if he does we could have
one of the best TE duos in the NFL. His size, speed and hands to go along with his good blocking would really help this team
immediately. This is what you want in a top 10 pick.

John Ross is who Lapham is leaning toward and i have been high on this guy for awhile, i just thought Howard was more
likely until Lap spoke. John Ross would be the gamebreaker of all gamebreakers for us if he can stay healthy. He is not just
speed, he goes up for the ball like Steve Smith, but changes speeds like Antonio Brown. We all know how these two have
killed us in the past, well lets return the favor to the Ratbirds and Stealers.
Reply/Quote
Honestly D-line and O-line are the needs I would approach the draft with. But I don't think that is where the 1st pick happens with

I expect it to be Howard, Fournette, or a WR. I'll gulp if it is Foster.
Reply/Quote