Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thanks BLM
(08-07-2016, 07:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So this is what you predict will be the backlash to the BLM movement?

Rolleyes

just observing, but it appeared he suggested that LEOs may begin to react to folks that fail to follow directives, because an element of society have told them it's OK. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-07-2016, 07:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So this is what you predict will be the backlash to the BLM movement?

Asked and answered counselor.  Do try and learn the English language and keep up.
I could see something happening like riots starting again because some dude that was arrested 43 times assaulted a police officer and he got shot and killed. And as a response the cops say F off and watch a town destroy itself.
(08-07-2016, 08:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Asked and answered counselor.  Do try and learn the English language and keep up.

I see that you answered it.  I just don't know how you connect my defense of a pedophile to a backlash from the BLM movement.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
The woman is on the phone with 911 asking for help, because she doesn't feel safe. She doesn't feel safe. If this is your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or aunt, how would you feel? Again, SHE IS ON THE PHONE WITH 911...... 9 1 1.

When the police doesn't feel safe, they WAIT for back up. SMH..... Pray for peace......
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Damn.....She was totally "coming right at him," she's taller than he is so the cop obviously feared for his life and don't get me started on her baggy clothing. ...Oh wait there's video evidence... oh it shows the truth... I was just going off of what cops usually say as to what happens in these cases. Hold on, let me watch the video... ... ... Hmm, a cop poorly performing his duties, this must be a one in million case.
(08-07-2016, 10:37 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: The woman is on the phone with 911 asking for help, because she doesn't feel safe. She doesn't feel safe. If this is your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or aunt, how would you feel? Again, SHE IS ON THE PHONE WITH 911...... 9    1     1.

When the police doesn't feel safe, they WAIT for back up. SMH..... Pray for peace......

What should she do if she's is "afraid" of the back up; cal 9    1     1 again?

Or she could just do what the officer asked, This was not some deserted stretch of highway in a Mississippi night.  The fact that folks approve of what she did and condemn what the officer did is  incredible. 

(08-07-2016, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this could go here as well as anywhere and being it wasn't about Trump I didn't think it needed its own new thread:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article93938557.html

This is one of the more ridiculous that I have seen. Lady gets stopped, gets out of car to approach the police vehicle, doesn't follow officer's commands and "she's scared". So she picks up her phone and dials 911 instead of complying with the officer, while the officer patiently waits. Yet somehow the Officer did something wrong.

The woman was probably in the wrong, but we can't tell from this video.  If the officer really did threaten to arrest her just for a traffic offense then he was wrong.  However, even if the woman was wrong the police officers have to learn how to handle these type of situations better.  He should have waited for the other officer and avoided this big mess.

Citiens have a right to complain about police behavior.  Police have to understand this.  they have to let the complaint go through proper channels to be resolved.  They can't get upset over the request for an investigation.  In fact, if they have done nothing wrong then they should welcome the investigation to prove they were right.  the worst thing to do is arrest someone for trying to complain about their behavior.  That just makes them look guilty.  If this officer had done nothing wrong then why did he act this way when the woman tried to complain about his behavior?

This must be another one of those officers who insists that it is impossible for him to make a mistake that would lead to a wrongful arrest.  We all know that type don't we.
(08-07-2016, 11:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The woman was probably in the wrong, but we can't tell from this video.  If the officer really did threaten to arrest her just for a traffic offense then he was wrong.  However, even if the woman was wrong the police officers have to learn how to handle these type of situations better.  He should have waited for the other officer and avoided this big mess.

Citiens have a right to complain about police behavior.  Police have to understand this.  they have to let the complaint go through proper channels to be resolved.  They can't get upset over the request for an investigation.  In fact, if they have done nothing wrong then they should welcome the investigation to prove they were right.  the worst thing to do is arrest someone for trying to complain about their behavior.  That just makes them look guilty.  If this officer had done nothing wrong then why did he act this way when the woman tried to complain about his behavior?

This must be another one of those officers who insists that it is impossible for him to make a mistake that would lead to a wrongful arrest.  We all know that type don't we.

So a LEO should wait for someone they have rightfully stopped to follow their instructions until they get a 2nd opinion?

(08-07-2016, 10:38 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn.....She was totally "coming right at him," she's taller than he is so the cop obviously feared for his life and don't get me started on her baggy clothing. ...Oh wait there's video evidence... oh it shows the truth... I was just going off of what cops usually say as to what happens in these cases. Hold on, let me watch the video... ... ... Hmm, a cop poorly performing his duties, this must be a one in million case.

All she had to do was not act like a total moron and give the cop her license. It really isnt that hard. 

He probably raised his voice and told her to get back in her car. Anyone that isnt a total ******* knows when you get pulled over you dont get out of your car and walk towards the cop. So because he had to raise his voice and reinforce a common sense issue her feelings got hurt and she had to pull out her phone. Which she was probably on when she committed a violation worthy of pulling someone over.

I think i may try to get pulled over on purpose and pull this same trick if she successfully wins a lawsuit.

When you get pulled over and a cop asks for your license... I know this may sound crazy , but give it to them.

Arguing with a cop isnt the time or place. We have a court system. If you believe you were not guilty of swerving , driving drunk , not having a licens plate speeding etc... Take it to court. 

As calm as that cop was. If she didnt act like an ass hat she probably drives away with a warning after he figures out she is not driving around drunk or on drugs swerving all over the road.
(08-08-2016, 01:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: All she had to do was not act like a total moron and give the cop her license. It really isnt that hard. 

You have no idea what happened before the video started.

If the officer really threatened to arrest her for just getting out of her car he was 100% in the wrong and she was justified in being scared.
(08-08-2016, 01:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: As calm as that cop was. If she didnt act like an ass hat she probably drives away with a warning after he figures out she is not driving around drunk or on drugs swerving all over the road.

He was not calm at all.  He physically attacked her even though she was doing absolutely nothing to threaten his safety.

She was talking on a phone.  She was not even subject to arrest for the driving violation.  It wa stotally out of line for him to physically attack her while she was on the phone with the police.
(08-08-2016, 02:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not calm at all.  He physically attacked her even though she was doing absolutely nothing to threaten his safety.

She was talking on a phone.  She was not even subject to arrest for the driving violation.  It wa stotally out of line for him to physically attack her while she was on the phone with the police.
So placing someone under arrest is physically attacking them?

Is not cooperating with a police officer during a traffic stop an arrestable offense? Say doing something like not following a lawful order and/or not having a drivers license?
(08-07-2016, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So a LEO should wait for someone they have rightfully stopped to follow their instructions until they get a 2nd opinion?

Write her a ticket and see her in court. 
(08-08-2016, 03:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is not cooperating with a police officer during a traffic stop an arrestable offense? Say doing something like not following a lawful order and/or not having a drivers license?

No
(08-07-2016, 10:37 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: The woman is on the phone with 911 asking for help, because she doesn't feel safe. She doesn't feel safe. If this is your mother, wife, sister, daughter, or aunt, how would you feel? Again, SHE IS ON THE PHONE WITH 911...... 9    1     1.

Doesn't feel safe = excuse to ignore and not comply. If that's my daughter, I tell her to get off the phone, shut up, and follow the officer's instructions.
(08-08-2016, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Doesn't feel safe = excuse to ignore and not comply. If that's my daughter, I tell her to get off the phone, shut up, and follow the officer's instructions.

I told my daughter if a car tries to pull her over and it's late at night to call 9-1-1 and explain that she sees the car and is driving to a populated area before pulling over.

Especially if it's an unmarked car.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-08-2016, 07:50 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Write her a ticket and see her in court. 

So if she fails to provide identification and a license to operate the vehicle. Officer blitz gives her a ticket, lets her continue to operate the vehicle and hop she comes to court?
What if she won't accept the ticket.

At want point do you feel an officer is justified to place someone under control that is failing to follow their instructions?

https://www.quora.com/If-you-are-pulled-over-by-a-police-officer-what-is-the-minimum-required-level-of-compliance

Quote:4.You must follow all lawful directions of the police officer. If he or she instructs you to exit the vehicle, you must do so. You can raise the windows and lock the doors if you wish, but if you cannot refuse the exit request; attempting to do so will likely result in your being forcibly removed from the vehicle and arrested for obstruction. This would likely be enough to justify a search of the vehicle's interior, as well, depending on the circumstances.

(08-08-2016, 02:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not calm at all.  He physically attacked her even though she was doing absolutely nothing to threaten his safety.

(08-08-2016, 07:54 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: No

Actually, yes.  I'm a little surprised at Fred for not actually telling you guys the truth.  If you are pulled over for a citationable offense you are required to sign the citation, which is not an admission of guilt, merely an acknowledgement that you have been cited to court.  This is legal proof that you are aware of this date and will be held responsible for failing to appear.  If you refuse to sign you can, legally, be detained until you are brought before the court.  Additionally, obstructing, harassing or delaying an LEO is a misdemeanor offense, in CA it's 148(a)(1) PC.  Any LEO who witnesses a misdemeanor take place is lawfully obligated to detain that person, they have no discretion in this regard.  As Fred points out, we didn't see the whole scenario, but if he warned her several times that her failure to comply put her at risk of detention for obstruction then he did absolutely nothing wrong.  Technically a warning isn't even required although it is almost always given. 

I'm actually disturbed that a member of the bar isn't aware of these facts.  I'm equally disturbed that anyone would defend this clearly out of control woman.  Apparently that's how far the termites have spread.
(08-08-2016, 07:54 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: No

Only teach people you want to see arrested that. 

Otherwise dont teach anybody that. 

I thought there was more common sense out there... Well shit. No wonder we have all these issues.