Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre
What a slimy POS. I used to like this guy until he got caught sending his "Pics" out like some pervert. He's on Sirius now and is as big an arrogant ass as they have on there. Now with the latest welfare fraud revelations, people are calling in demanding he be fired. I wonder how big a POS someone can be before they get removed from the HOF? He's going to be lucky not to go to prison on this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What a slimy POS. I used to like this guy until he got caught sending his "Pics" out like some pervert. He's on Sirius now and is as big an arrogant ass as they have on there. Now with the latest welfare fraud revelations, people are calling in demanding he be fired. I wonder how big a POS someone can be before they get removed from the HOF? He's going to be lucky not to go to prison on this one.

We seem to live in a society that you are guilty first and retribution is ban them from everything .. how about we let the process play out.. also if we remove Brett but keep Ray Lewis.. that does not seem morally correct, does it ??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 12:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We seem to live in a society that you are guilty first and retribution is ban them from everything .. how about we let the process play out.. also if we remove Brett but keep Ray Lewis.. that does not seem morally correct, does it ??

Jis text messages saying "If we take all this welfare money and use it to build a soccer stadium at S. Miss (where his daughter plays) are pretty damning evidence, but don't get me wrong, I highly doubt he would be removed. After all, they are about to put Fat Rapistboy in. I just wonder how low you have to go before the NFL says no.
Reply/Quote
Agree I always liked Favre as a player. A gritty gunslinger. I'll always remember that game he played after his father died. Now he just seems shady. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

As for the question about the HoF, they do not have bylaws to kick someone out. There are a few other people I can think of , and I'm sure most know as well, that probably should have been removed from Canton based on their post NFL career criminal activity but the rules are rules I guess. Now if those bylaws change at some point who knows? And if the rules change would it be retroactive as in it applies to all currently inducted members? Again who knows?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What a slimy POS. I used to like this guy until he got caught sending his "Pics" out like some pervert. He's on Sirius now and is as big an arrogant ass as they have on there. Now with the latest welfare fraud revelations, people are calling in demanding he be fired. I wonder how big a POS someone can be before they get removed from the HOF? He's going to be lucky not to go to prison on this one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/brett-favre-texts-show-role-mississippi-welfare-scandal-rcna47654

The text messages, which were part of a filing by New's attorney, do not establish that Favre knew the public funds discussed were welfare money.

Was it slimy to try and use your position to leverage the state to spend money on a stadium for your daughter, yeah it is. However, he isn't the one that took it from the welfare system it would appear. So being a little slimy is certainly no reason to take him out of the HoF if as others have stated Ray the murder is in there and the fat pig rapist is going to be heading there. Not even in the same solar system of reasons to be kicked out with the current information.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If OJ can stay in the HOF than Farve will too.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I was listening to Sirius NFL Thursday and someone called in and said they were canceling Sirius because they employed BF. No idea what it was about. I still don't but obviously, it's something. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let the public read the texts. HOF or not that is the most damning.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was listening to Sirius NFL Thursday and someone called in and said they were canceling Sirius because they employed BF. No idea what it was about. I still don't but obviously, it's something. 

Quote:JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Newly revealed text messages show how deeply involved a Mississippi governor was in directing more than $1 million in welfare money to retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre.

Instead of the money going to help low-income families in one of the nation’s poorest states, as intended, it was funneled through a nonprofit group to Favre and spent on a new volleyball facility at a university that the football star and the governor both attended.
The texts from 2017 show Republican Gov. Phil Bryant, who left office in 2020, was “on board” with the arrangement. The state is suing Favre and others, alleging they misspent millions of dollars in welfare money. The director of the nonprofit has pleaded guilty to criminal charges in Mississippi’s largest public corruption case in decades.

The texts were in court documents filed Monday in state court by an attorney for the nonprofit known as the Mississippi Community Education Center. The messages between Favre and the center’s executive director, Nancy New, included references to Bryant.
The texts showed discussion between Favre and New about arranging payment from the Mississippi Department of Human Services through the nonprofit to Favre for speaking engagements, with Favre then saying he would direct the money to the volleyball facility at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Favre played football at the university in Hattiesburg before going to the NFL in 1991, and his daughter started playing on the volleyball team there in 2017.
[Image: ed739627-4156-4139-a7b4-4b89f27187d5-USA...&auto=webp]

MORE:Author Jeff Pearlman advises fans to not read his biography of Brett Favre after release of text messages
According to court documents, Favre texted New on Aug. 3, 2017: “If you were to pay me is there anyway the media can find out where it came from and how much?”
New responded: “No, we never have had that information publicized. I understand you being uneasy about that though. Let’s see what happens on Monday with the conversation with some of the folks at Southern. Maybe it will click with them. Hopefully.”
Favre responded: “Ok thanks.”
The next day, New texted Favre: “Wow, just got off the phone with Phil Bryant! He is on board with us! We will get this done!”
Favre responded: “Awesome I needed to hear that for sure.”
Attorneys for Favre did not immediately respond to a phone message from The Associated Press.
Reply/Quote