Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to the Defense
For being the primary reason that the Bengals won that game today. Forcing turnovers that led to short scoring drives in the 1st half, keep SF at bay, while the OL did not a thing to help this team put the 49ers away in the 2nd half. Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap, Williams, Jones, all deserve game balls. The OL should have to purchase them.

On another note, I thought McCarron looked alright. He showed good composure, ability to read a defense, make smart decisions, and a little arm strength. Especially when you consider that the running game was non-existent, and the pass protection was brief at best. Thank goodness for Marvin Jones and Tyler Kroft!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The niners D knew we were going to try to run the ball. They loaded up to stop that....an they were successful. Hue stuck with the run despite its ineffectiveness.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: The niners D knew we were going to try to run the ball. They loaded up to stop that....an they were successful. Hue stuck with the run despite its ineffectiveness.

How many times did aj throw in the second half? The deep balls to green and Marvin had good touch, why not try a few more? Running 40 times at 2 yards a clip is not gonna do it in Denver. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: The niners D knew we were going to try to run the ball. They loaded up to stop that....an they were successful. Hue stuck with the run despite its ineffectiveness.

They could have achieved the same sort of clock burning, lengthy possession type of drive, by utilizing the short pass game.  After it was evident that the Niners were not going to be run on by our OL, why keep with it?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They were just playing risk free football. They had the lead, and the D was playing well. This was a must win game and I get why they played how they did. Next week they may have to play from behind so, it's good to come out of this game as clean as possible.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For being the primary reason that the Bengals won that game today.  Forcing turnovers that led to short scoring drives in the 1st half, keep SF at bay, while the OL did not a thing to help this team put the 49ers away in the 2nd half.  Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap, Williams, Jones, all deserve game balls.  The OL should have to purchase them.

On another note, I thought McCarron looked alright.  He showed good composure, ability to read a defense, make smart decisions, and a little arm strength.  Especially when you consider that the running game was non-existent, and the pass protection was brief at best.  Thank goodness for Marvin Jones and Tyler Kroft!

Our offense did not look good today. It reminded me of our offense in 2011................................AD's rookie year. Let's hope Eifert is back 100% and AJ's back recovers to help out young QB or a miraculous Big ben type recovery for AD
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I've always thought Hill could be that all purpose back. Big enough to power through guys but with the fineness to make good cuts. Instead he can't break shoe string tackles and runs into his own guys instead of hitting the gaps. The fumble wasn't 100% his fault but he deserves blame for most of it. I hope this is just a slump because we need that kind of runner.

On the other hand, Bernard is supposed to be that change up back. Better at running around guys than through them. BUT... that hit though. He needs to run through the gaps more. Obviously Hill can't this year. Gio is just the better option all around right now.

To top it all off the O-line was crap. Not absolutely horrible, but they couldn't run block (even though Hue kept forcing them to try) and they didn't look like top of the league pass blockers either.

So... thanks Defense. This win is definitely on you guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our offense did not look good today. It reminded me of our offense in 2011................................AD's rookie year. Let's hope Eifert is back 100% and AJ's back recovers to help out young QB or a miraculous Big ben type recovery for AD

I, for one, don't want Andy taking 'roids...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I, for one, don't want Andy taking 'roids...

Nor would he. Unlike Ben Andy is high character.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:32 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: They were just playing risk free football. They had the lead, and the D was playing well. This was a must win game and I get why they played how they did. Next week they may have to play from behind so, it's good to come out of this game as clean as possible.
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word must
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:59 PM)BernLock Wrote: I don't think you understand the meaning of the word must

Haha you know what I mean. Sorry, for using a cliche. A CRUCIAL game.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:59 PM)BernLock Wrote: I don't think you understand the meaning of the word must

To be fair, aren't the all "must wins" at this point?  It looks like that tired-ass OL could certainly use a bye week..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Needless to say I am worried about next week.

For better or worse they're going to need to give McCarron practice throwing the ball. And run some blitz drills.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our offense did not look good today. It reminded me of our offense in 2011................................AD's rookie year. Let's hope Eifert is back 100% and AJ's back recovers to help out young QB or a miraculous Big ben type recovery for AD

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the pathetic effort today. Alternately pissed at how average they looked and bored out of my mind with how uninterested (offensively) they looked.

Bengals players don't make miraculous recoveries. They get injuries that linger and turn into season-enders. As well as not being able to play their best late in the season going into the playoffs. They always come out strong, then fade at the end. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For being the primary reason that the Bengals won that game today.  Forcing turnovers that led to short scoring drives in the 1st half, keep SF at bay, while the OL did not a thing to help this team put the 49ers away in the 2nd half.  Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap, Williams, Jones, all deserve game balls.  The OL should have to purchase them.

On another note, I thought McCarron looked alright.  He showed good composure, ability to read a defense, make smart decisions, and a little arm strength.  Especially when you consider that the running game was non-existent, and the pass protection was brief at best.  Thank goodness for Marvin Jones and Tyler Kroft!

Yep

Considering we had like 6 yards rushing I thought Macaroni had a good game. But yes this was a win the defense produced.
Reply/Quote

They are the primary reason they have won over the past 5 seasons. Why is today a revelation? This is a defensive team. The offense is along for the ride...regardless of the QB. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Needless to say I am worried about next week.

For better or worse they're going to need to give McCarron practice throwing the ball.  And run some blitz drills.

Teams have been blitzing the hell out of them for a few weeks now, yet the coaches keep leaving Gio on much bigger blitzers instead of scheming for Olinemen to do the heavy lifting. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Needless to say I am worried about next week.

For better or worse they're going to need to give McCarron practice throwing the ball.  And run some blitz drills.

Me too

If the run game can't get past the LOS again it will be a very long night I'm afraid.
Reply/Quote

x2.

Looks like the "dare McCarron to throw" defense worked pretty well for the 31st ranked defense. We need better against  Denver.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Minus a couple of throws, it felt like McCarron spent all game checking down at the LOS, or running out of bounds at the LOS.

We're not winning in Denver with that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote