Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to the Defense
All things considered I'm just happy we got the win. Will things have to get better in Denver...absolutely but we are playing with our backup QB and we don't have arguably our best redzone target.

If we can somehow miraculously beat denver it would be awesome because with the bye i think Dalton will have a much better chance at playing in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:32 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: All things considered I'm just happy we got the win. Will things have to get better in Denver...absolutely but we are playing with our backup QB and we don't have arguably our best redzone target.

If we can somehow miraculously beat denver it would be awesome because with the bye i think Dalton will have a much better chance at playing in the playoffs.

They need that win, it will guarantee the #2 seed.  Lawd knows that OL could use a bye week..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I love watching the team when the defense steps up. Burfict's INT was stellar!

We need more of this to win next week!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:24 PM)drgonzo Wrote: How many times did aj throw in the second half? The deep balls to green and Marvin had good touch, why not try a few more? Running 40 times at 2 yards a clip is not gonna do it in Denver. 

well we had a big lead with a backup QB vs a bad team... no need to force anything and hurt some confidence.
Reply/Quote
As much as I'm loving this defense, I'm growing more and more fearful of next year.

Thanks to Vance Joseph, Nelson and Jones are playing the best ball of their careers. With both of them free agents at the end of the season, and Vance sure to be on the radar of many teams for defensive coordinator... I'm terrified Joseph will get his DC job somewhere, and he'll get Jones and Nelson to follow him.
Reply/Quote
The defense definitely helped us get that win yesterday. Even though the offensive performance had a little to be desired, hopefully it gave McCarron, the coaches, and the rest of the team a little more confidence in McCarron's abilities and we open it up more next week.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:11 AM)PApinhead Wrote: The defense definitely helped us get that win yesterday.  Even though the offensive performance had a little to be desired, hopefully it gave McCarron, the coaches, and the rest of the team a little more confidence in McCarron's abilities and we open it up more next week.

I think the offense was a bit limited on purpose. I was glad to see McCarron play well and make good decisions with the ball. He threw it away when he didn't have anything. The thing I didn't care for was he took too many sacks. He needed to get out of the pocket when he felt pressure, or dump it close to someone eligible's feet on a couple of those. If he holds that ball too long against the miller and ware next Monday, that could be trouble all night.
Reply/Quote