Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Day Wine
Allow me to preempt any mention of gewurtztraminer, Beaujolais, or some obscure European varietal for Thanksgiving. And keep it American for this holiday.

Don't think too hard.

Pinot Noir for red wine drinkers is the safest bet, but older Cabernets would be fine. Chardonnay goes fine with turkey. Sparkling if you are feeling frisky, it is a good wine with food.

The sides are way too variable to fuss over matching so just focus on the main course and quality and drink a lot.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Congrats on the win Saturday first and foremost. I knew that would be like walking into a gauntlet.

I love a good California cab myself....needs to be at least 13.5% though...love big bold reds.

could we do Champagne with Turkey? heck ya....Champagne with anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:48 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Congrats on the win Saturday first and foremost.  I knew that would be like walking into a gauntlet.

I love a good California cab myself....needs to be at least 13.5% though...love big bold reds.

could we do Champagne with Turkey?  heck ya....Champagne with anything.

Oh man, I still don't know where that Iowa team has been all year.  how do you go from getting ran off the field against Penn State to beating Michigan the very next week?  Jim Harbaugh is never coming back to Iowa City.  He's 0 for 2 the last two times he's been there.  Once back in 1985 as a player and now 2016. 

I agree with ya on the Champagne.  You can drink Champagne with hot Turkey sandwiches to loose meat sandwiches to tuna salad to fine cuisine like lobster and oysters on the half shell. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Not big on wine outside of a Pinot Noir or a Pinot Grigio.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 04:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Oh man, I still don't know where that Iowa team has been all year.  how do you go from getting ran off the field against Penn State to beating Michigan the very next week?  Jim Harbaugh is never coming back to Iowa City.  He's 0 for 2 the last two times he's been there.  Once back in 1985 as a player and now 2016. 

I agree with ya on the Champagne.  You can drink Champagne with hot Turkey sandwiches to loose meat sandwiches to tuna salad to fine cuisine like lobster and oysters on the half shell. 

i was talking to a guy at work about this game (he's a gambler) he was taking Michigan and he figured they'd crush.  I advised against it.  Iowa is one of those teams who you never know which version will show up.  Indiana is another one.  I'm not confident in Michigan this weekend either.

speaking of champagne, i just bought a bottle of Cattier this weekend.  i've had it before and its pretty good for the price.  I paid like 40 bux for the bottle and for champagne thats pretty cheap.  if you can find it...you might like it.

https://www.cattier.com/fr/58-brut-icone-3380203010073.html
Reply/Quote
Zima and turkey neck all day long.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zima and turkey neck all day long.

I don't think they make Zima anymore. Drunk
Reply/Quote
Apothic Red. Just amazing.
Reply/Quote
Boone's Farm - Strawberry Hill
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote