Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
That 44yd TD run by Rasheed Shaheed
When I saw that TD from him, I 1st thought
Holy cow where is that play in the Bengals playbook?
I understand the Saints run game really set that play up
But the design and execution was flawless.
How come that play can't be run by the Bengals with
BOYD OR HIGGINS. ?
It would really catch the defense off guard Ala the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When I saw that TD from him, I 1st thought
BOYD OR HIGGINS. ?

Because neither guy is fast enough? Did you see the speed of that kid? We’ve tried it with Chase a bunch and for whatever reason it never works for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When I saw that TD from him, I 1st thought
BOYD OR HIGGINS. ?

That play is what was generated, setup and sold by what they were running successfully earlier. In fact, lots of successful plays reap the rewards that way. Cinci. also doesn't have that type of player with that electric speed and cutting ability.

To be honest, I would be ecstatic if the Bengals could just be more adept at reverses.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because neither guy is fast enough? Did you see the speed of that kid? We’ve tried it with Chase a bunch and for whatever reason it never works for us.

It worked vs Raiders on 4th and short, right?

Reply/Quote
BOYD OR HIGGINS. ?

According to Zac that was the perfect play call vs the defensive scheme we were running (some type of man coverage), add in terrible tackling and poor effort (Eli) to a world class sprinter and it's a grand slam.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: According to Zac that was the perfect play call vs the defensive scheme we were running (some type of man coverage), add in terrible tackling and poor effort (Eli) to a world class sprinter and it's a grand slam.

Maybe Im being too tough on Eli, but it looked like he could have put more effort in this play...

I'll show him some love on his 1st big hit as a Bengal...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: According to Zac that was the perfect play call vs the defensive scheme we were running (some type of man coverage), add in terrible tackling and poor effort (Eli) to a world class sprinter and it's a grand slam.

Yep

They caught us blitzing and in a man D. I also think Awuzie, Apple, and Bell were just not prepared for the kids speed and agility.

Some times you just get caught.
Reply/Quote
The only player the Bengals have ever had who had the speed to run that play is John Ross but I don't think even with his straight-line speed that he could change directions as quickly as Shaheed did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe Im being too tough on Eli, but it looked like he could have put more effort in this play...

Looks like Pratt was the one who whiffed that play.  If he even gets a hand on, or even forces Shaheen to take a step or two out of his way, containment likely would have arrived.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe Im being too tough on Eli, but it looked like he could have put more effort in this play...

It also appears Bates had a shot at an ankle dive bringing him down at the 1 or something right at the end but didn't try.
Reply/Quote
Maybe in the off season it would be
In the best interests for this team to
Acquire a WR that has a true 2nd gear.
That Saints WR was a undrafted free agent.
Having a WR with his unique traits could open
Up the playbook a bit more.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 01:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Maybe in the off season it would be
In the best interests for this team to
Acquire a WR that has a true 2nd gear.
That Saints WR was a undrafted free agent.

Having a WR with his unique traits could open
Up the playbook a bit more.

We had that guy on our roster, just this summer.  His name is Kendrick Pryor, fans loved his effort and prospects of being good down the road.

They thought that they could stash him on the Practice squad, he's now a Jacksonville Jaguar.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
From the title I assumed this thread would focus on our god-awful tackling.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:55 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: From the title I assumed this thread would focus on our god-awful tackling.

Man, we couldn't tackle worth a damn on that play! It was god-awful. 

(Hows that)? 

Reply/Quote
There were tackling issues there but the biggest issue was the D got snookered by a form of misdirection. Lou's defenses are generally solid but they do have this issue to an annoying degree.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 01:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like Pratt was the one who whiffed that play.  If he even gets a hand on, or even forces Shaheen to take a step or two out of his way, containment likely would have arrived.  

Yep. I referenced this in the Logan Wilson injury thread (was out of place a few other times as well). Not he nor Apple’s finest moment.
Reply/Quote

How you gonna go after Eli when Awuzie blew the play twice? He should have stopped it for a 12-15 yard gain before it ever made it to Apple. 

Or Pratt who could have blew it up for -3.
Reply/Quote
The timing,and the execution of that play was perfect. I think Ja’Maar Chase is a qualified candidate to pull off a play like that,if it were properly executed.
Reply/Quote
Great play. They lost.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 07:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The timing,and the execution of that play was perfect. I think Ja’Maar Chase is a qualified candidate to pull off a play like that,if it were properly executed.

He definitely has the speed. He runs a 4.38. It’s a matter of timing it right and getting the blocking.

Dalton also did a good job selling it.

Reply/Quote