Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
That 44yd TD run by Rasheed Shaheed
(10-18-2022, 07:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Great play. They lost.

I think Ja'Marr made a better play for his second TD... I'm kinda partial though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: How you gonna go after Eli when Awuzie blew the play twice? He should have stopped it for a 12-15 yard gain before it ever made it to Apple. 

Or Pratt who could have blew it up for -3.

Pratt was sucked in too far, he had his sights on the QB/RB, without expecting the jet he didn't have a chance.  Awuzie was going full speed across the field.  I am referring to effort only, Chido was going all out, Eli was at half speed.  It really isn't that difficult to see.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pratt was sucked in too far, he had his sights on the QB/RB, without expecting the jet he didn't have a chance.  Awuzie was going full speed across the field.  I am referring to effort only, Chido was going all out, Eli was at half speed.  It really isn't that difficult to see.

Eli was running step for step with Bates until he had to adjust to dodge the diving Chido and then jump over Bell. If Bates would have gone all out from the beginning he likely makes the tackle at the 10 or so due to having a straight line and the runner having to swerve.

I'm really not trying to defend Apple because he was awful this game, overall, I just don't feel like that was a play where he did much wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: Eli was running step for step with Bates until he had to adjust to dodge the diving Chido and then jump over Bell. If Bates would have gone all out from the beginning he likely makes the tackle at the 10 or so due to having a straight line and the runner having to swerve.

I'm really not trying to defend Apple because he was awful this game, overall, I just don't feel like that was a play where he did much wrong. 

Im talking about closer to the line of scrimmage way before the chase by Bates.  He doesn't seem to heed the urgency needed to get off his man and then he starts running.  Like I said maybe Im being too hard on the guy - he had a rough day, except for the big hit.

Reply/Quote
It’s funny that people in this thread are complaining about speed or 2nd WRs when almost every other team in the league would trade WR groups with the Bengals in a second if they could.

I’m sure there are fans of many other teams asking “why can’t we get a WR who can shed a tackle and take a short pass 60 yards down the sideline for a TD?”

The guy on the Saints made a great play but enjoy what we have at WR. It doesn’t get much better…
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 12:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: It’s funny that people in this thread are complaining about speed or 2nd WRs when almost every other team in the league would trade WR groups with the Bengals in a second if they could.

I’m sure there are fans of many other teams asking “why can’t we get a WR who can shed a tackle and take a short pass 60 yards down the sideline for a TD?”

The guy on the Saints made a great play but enjoy what we have at WR. It doesn’t get much better…

People are saying after our top 2 we really don't have any speed in the WR room. That's pretty much true. No one has said they want to trade our WRs for anyone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, we couldn't tackle worth a damn on that play! It was god-awful. 

(Hows that)? 

lol Hilarious

You just saved the thread.
Reply/Quote