Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Note(Trumpet)
I'm just going to post the whole song since I can't just post the final 15-18 seconds. Hope you can fast forward to the 3:20 mark and hear this note Bill Chase hits on his trumpet. All I have to say is...WOW! This guy was something else.

The song isn't all that great but it's worth hearing the note hit at the end.

Chase does have good songs though out of the three albums they put out. One song made it to number 3 on the charts I do believe back in the early 70's. The song is "Get It On". 

One song done with an echo machine is pretty good too. Just drop some acid and turn it on, it'll blow your mind.

Here's the song I'm posting about. Go to the 3:20 mark to hear the note.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2016, 01:02 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm just going to post the whole song since I can't just post the final 15-18 seconds. Hope you can fast forward to the 3:20 mark and hear this note Bill Chase hits on his trumpet. All I have to say is...WOW! This guy was something else.

The song isn't all that great but it's worth hearing the note hit at the end.

Chase does have good songs though out of the three albums they put out. One song made it to number 3 on the charts I do believe back in the early 70's. The song is "Get It On". 

One song done with an echo machine is pretty good too. Just drop some acid and turn it on, it'll blow your mind.

Here's the song I'm posting about. Go to the 3:20 mark to hear the note.

Yeah, bro. I heard it fine at 3:20. Starts out sounding like a tea kettle boiling. It's only at the end that you can tell it's a trumpet.

Bill Chase is a cult-legend to jazz trumpet players. He had a fixation on playing high notes and played with Maynard Ferguson for awhile. His band's music is pretty kitsch for early 70's horn bands (some people considered it a lesser cousin to bands like Blood, Sweat, and Tears and Chicago). He died in a plane wreck in '74.

I used to think that Chase played the solo for the helicopter chase scene in the Gauntlet. But Chase was dead by that time. That solo was done by Jon Faddis.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote