Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Zuckerberg, such a nice guy..
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/facebooks-zuckerberg-sues-hundreds-of-hawaiians-to-force-property-sales-to-him/ar-AAm1TvX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

[quoteAloha! Now sell me your land! 
Facebook (FB) CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly is suing hundreds of Hawaiians to compel them to sell the billionaire small plots of land they own that lie within a 700-acre property that Zuckerberg purchased on the island of Kauai two years ago for $100 million.

Zuckberberg-controlled companies filed eight so-called "quiet" title lawsuits in a Kauai court on Dec. 30 requesting the forced sales at public auction to the highest bidder, which would allow him to make his secluded beach-front land on the island's north shore even more private, according the Honolulu Star-Advertiser newspaper.
Currently, owners of the lands, which have been in their families for generations, have the rights to travel across Zuckerberg's property to get to their own lands. Their lands make up slightly more than eight acres
. ][/quote]

Good to see that he really is a nice, caring humanitarian..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

(01-19-2017, 11:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/facebooks-zuckerberg-sues-hundreds-of-hawaiians-to-force-property-sales-to-him/ar-AAm1TvX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Facebook (FB) CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly is suing hundreds of Hawaiians to compel them to sell the billionaire small plots of land they own that lie within a 700-acre property that Zuckerberg purchased on the island of Kauai two years ago for $100 million.

Zuckberberg-controlled companies filed eight so-called "quiet" title lawsuits in a Kauai court on Dec. 30 requesting the forced sales at public auction to the highest bidder, which would allow him to make his secluded beach-front land on the island's north shore even more private, according the Honolulu Star-Advertiser newspaper.
Currently, owners of the lands, which have been in their families for generations, have the rights to travel across Zuckerberg's property to get to their own lands. Their lands make up slightly more than eight acres
. ]

[/quote]

Easy now.... you don't want to be labeled an anti-Semite.
Ninja
I have no problem with what Z is doing. He's not kicking anyone off their land. Property law is quite complicated.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Yeah, people who use the court system and their massive wealth to bully around other people sure suck huh?
(01-20-2017, 01:32 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yeah, people who use the court system and their massive wealth to bully around other people sure suck huh?
I wonder if it's the west bank of the island ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(01-19-2017, 11:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/facebooks-zuckerberg-sues-hundreds-of-hawaiians-to-force-property-sales-to-him/ar-AAm1TvX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

. ]

[/quote]

I'll bet if trump picked him for a cabinet position you'd have no issue
People suck
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/01/18/business/facebooks-zuckerberg-sues-to-force-land-sales/?HSA=74dae150a1d9f99e2592d0eac31ea430d01f35d5

More information. This is incredibly complicated and it seems like most of this land is little pieces where many people have claims to it, but often times there's no real clear owner as it was given to an ancestor in the 1800's and it was never legally passed down.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-20-2017, 12:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/01/18/business/facebooks-zuckerberg-sues-to-force-land-sales/?HSA=74dae150a1d9f99e2592d0eac31ea430d01f35d5

More information. This is incredibly complicated and it seems like most of this land is little pieces where many people have claims to it, but often times there's no real clear owner as it was given to an ancestor in the 1800's and it was never legally passed down.

Yes, a Surveyor's nightmare.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-20-2017, 01:32 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yeah, people who use the court system and their massive wealth to bully around other people sure suck huh?
Admittedly, I'm no huge Zucker fan; however, it seems what he is doing is in the best interest of him as well as those owning the disputed land.

He could just remain silent and then claim easement on the property and then one day just claim it. In this instance it appears he is making known his desire to purchase/claim the property and giving the owners a chance to either fight for their land or sale at a fair price.

As the article states some folks probably don't even know they own the land. Perhaps this will serve a mechanisim to alert them.

Then again: as I said Property law is very complicated and I'm no expert; especially in Hawaii.

(01-20-2017, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Admittedly, I'm no huge Zucker fan; however, it seems what he is doing is in the best interest of him as well as those owning the disputed land.

He could just remain silent and then claim easement on the property and then one day just claim it. In this instance it appears he is making known his desire to purchase/claim the property and giving the owners a chance to either fight for their land or sale at a fair price.

As the article states some folks probably don't even know they own the land. Perhaps this will serve a mechanisim to alert them.

Then again: as I said Property law is very complicated and I'm no expert; especially in Hawaii.

No doubt. I've seen lawsuits filed to identify or locate or just to get people to appear. Zuckerberg will get his land and some of these people might get their compensation. There's nothing wrong here.

I just find the critical tone of the OP comical.
(01-20-2017, 02:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: No doubt. I've seen lawsuits filed to identify or locate or just to get people to appear. Zuckerberg will get his land and some of these people might get their compensation. There's nothing wrong here.

I just find the critical tone of the OP comical.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-ceo-trying-buy-land-near-hawaii-estate-000126477.html

As I suspected:
Quote:The lawsuits ask a court to find the owners and provide them fair compensation. Judges frequently order auctions in similar cases.

Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post Thursday that he filed the cases to find all the partial owners so he can pay them their fair share.

"For most of these folks, they will now receive money for something they never even knew they had. No one will be forced off the land," he said

Class act in my book.

(01-20-2017, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Admittedly, I'm no huge Zucker fan; however, it seems what he is doing is in the best interest of him as well as those owning the disputed land.

I'm pretty sure that Zuckerberg would be legally bound to grant the landlocked holders an easement, as he is the one who purchased all of the surrounding properties.  What he is doing by filing the "quiet claim" is hoping that no one contests, and is offering to purchase the pieces from owners where the title is clear in who owns them.  Like you said, not sure how property law works in Hawaii, as all of my Surveying experience has been in NC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
There are lots of areas in Hawaii, particularly on the Big Island, where people own parcels of land they no longer use at all. At the risk of getting my mother insulted yet again, I'll point out the obvious. Ever heard of a volcano? They emit a substance that makes building on land it flows over fairly difficult. Sometimes, it's not even on the surface. Many times the problem isn't even on the surface, but underneath in the form of a lava tube.

Now, at the risk of being labeled a pedophile again, when our rapist elect has lobbied for eminent domain in the past, it actually displaced people and businesses. But, let's over look that as well and stick our neckless heads back in the sand.